Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    Can see ‘we’ve got them on the rak’ coming into use this season - hopefully 
  • Options
    He played 90 minutes for their U21s on Monday, providing an assist.

So he’s match fit. Not impossible that he gets at least 30 minutes at Hillsborough. Not expecting him to start until Garner feels confident that he understands what he’s looking for from his wide forwards.
    Think Garner would lose a little credibility with the rest of the squad by putting him straight into the first team. Suspect we’ll see him off the bench for the first couple of games and give him the chance to earn that spot as well as learn how BG wants him to play.

I wouldn’t be happy as a full back having had to deal with CBT for 65/70 mins to see him come on. 

Excellent looking signing. 👍 Just two more in please TS, everyone knows where they play.
  • Options
    ‘Rak attack, attack, attack, attack’ ??
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/oaXirdlSGnw

Nice assist for first goal on 0.25secs of video.

If all clicks we might see improvements in DJ and CBT in terms of productivity and directness. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I think the formation and options in that formation are pretty much settled now. Stockley and whoever is left and right of him need to provide assist and goals, look at England with this formation with Mount, Kane and Sterling  and the criticism there is the lack of goals. In terms of further additions, if JFC and Gilbey move on then I'd like to see another midfielder, what worries me is if we get an injury to either Stockley or Innis, the latter being more than likely. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s left out the squad this weekend with the reason given that he’s not trained with us for long.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I think the formation and options in that formation are pretty much settled now. Stockley and whoever is left and right of him need to provide assist and goals, look at England with this formation with Mount, Kane and Sterling  and the criticism there is the lack of goals. In terms of further additions, if JFC and Gilbey move on then I'd like to see another midfielder, what worries me is if we get an injury to either Stockley or Innis, the latter being more than likely. 
    Yeah but England play with 2 holding central midfielders. 
  • Options
    2 homes games next week. Hopefully we'll  get to see him in action. I don't expect him to start just yet but when he does will he be on the left or right ?  CBT is more natural on the left so I would like to think JRS replaces DJ on the right.

It seems that we might now have too many attacking midfielders.
    Well you wanted to know where the goals are coming from. Has this signing begun to help you understand?
  • Options
    Been saying it for a while. Palace are exactly the sort of club that Charlton need to build a relationship with. They are established Premier League. Have a very good record of bringing through youth and are local. It’s good that TS has a relationship with Steve Parrish. Hurts to say it but they are light years ahead of us and we need to be realistic and get their youngsters in when it’s a help to us. I think in the last couple of seasons we’ve not used the loan system particularly well and several of the London clubs we’ve taken players from are probably thinking twice about loaning us more. Let’s not alienate Palace too. 

Galling but true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Which is why we’re after two more signings. Only question mark is if one is a left back, but I think Clayden will be the back up.
  • Options
    Been saying it for a while. Palace are exactly the sort of club that Charlton need to build a relationship with. They are established Premier League. Have a very good record of bringing through youth and are local. It’s good that TS has a relationship with Steve Parrish. Hurts to say it but they are light years ahead of us and we need to be realistic and get their youngsters in when it’s a help to us. I think in the last couple of seasons we’ve not used the loan system particularly well and several of the London clubs we’ve taken players from are probably thinking twice about loaning us more. Let’s not alienate Palace too. 

Agree with this, as upsetting as it is.

However, didn’t our u21’s just thrash them in a pre season friendly? Let’s not forget how good some of our youngsters seem to be. 

JRS does seem to be a clear talent though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Which is why we’re after two more signings. Only question mark is if one is a left back, but I think Clayden will be the back up.
    I personally am thinking that we'd be looking at a CB who could do a job at LB if needed but not necessarily as their main role. Somewhat similar to the experiment with Ness on the right in the cup, though hopefully more experienced/successful than that turned out to be.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    I personally am thinking that we'd be looking at a CB who could do a job at LB if needed but not necessarily as their main role. Somewhat similar to the experiment with Ness on the right in the cup, though hopefully more experienced/successful than that turned out to be.
    Tobi Omole could have been a decent signing to fit that criteria 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    Tobi Omole could have been a decent signing to fit that criteria 
    He joined Crawley earlier in the window.
  • Options
    From the Crystals so quite fitting I think...

We signed him on a Thursday and my heart stood still
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Somebody told me he f**kin' loves bovril
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Yes, my heart stood still
    Yes, he f**kin' loves bovril

And when he plays at home
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

He knew what he was doin' when he caught my eye
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

He looked so quiet but my, oh, my
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Yes, he caught my eye
    Yes, oh my, oh my
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Turned up at SE7 and he plays so fine
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Someday soon he’s gonna make us shine
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Yes, he played so fine
    Yes, he'll make us shine
    Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run

Jesu run run run
    Jesu run run
    Could be a verse too many for the Covered End  :D
    Don't worry, it'll be sung so fast you won't even realise it's 50 verses
  • Options

Galling but true.
    I refuse to except any of that statement even if it parts may be true. 
    I prefer to think they and us are potentially one season apart. I wouldn't want us to build a relationship with any club, it never works out well for the feeder which would most likely be us. Absolute bollocks to any ties to that club, I remember well the last time we thought it was a good idea to get involved with them. It took years to unwind that and here we are again.  
    Ral-Sakyi may well have potential but we are all born with potential, I seriously doubt he is any different to any of the countless youngsters who have been hoovered up by premiership clubs and then loaned out down the league pyramid. The only reason he is here is for Palaces long term potential benefit. 
    ... and to get us promoted. Which is the main thing.
    But agree with a lot of your sentiment, once in the Championship this will be less of a necessary evil. We have to get there first though. Palace have unfortunately been well managed in the last decade and despite the opening day defeat look nowhere near relegation material to me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Galling but true.
    I prefer to think they and us are potentially one season apart. I wouldn't want us to build a relationship with any club, it never works out well for the feeder which would most likely be us. Absolute bollocks to any ties to that club, I remember well the last time we thought it was a good idea to get involved with them. It took years to unwind that and here we are again.  
    Ral-Sakyi may well have potential but we are all born with potential, I seriously doubt he is any different to any of the countless youngsters who have been hoovered up by premiership clubs and then loaned out down the league pyramid. The only reason he is here is for Palaces long term potential benefit. 
    Who’s talking about feeder club ? It’s about having a good working relationship with a club that might be able to offer us loans. That’s a mutual benefit. Technically we are one season apart but in reality Palace are way way ahead of us. 
  • Options
    Could anyone explain what sort of level PL2 is? 
  • Options

Sadly, I largely agree (but only for the moment!)

But which London clubs have we upset? Tottenham possibly over the Nile John situation but we've been good for Chelsea, Arsenal and West ham over recent years.

Even Tottenham I'm sure would soon "forgive" us if they saw a deal which was beneficial to both parties.
  • Options

Redrobo said:
    2 homes games next week. Hopefully we'll  get to see him in action. I don't expect him to start just yet but when he does will he be on the left or right ?  CBT is more natural on the left so I would like to think JRS replaces DJ on the right.

It seems that we might now have too many attacking midfielders.
    Well you wanted to know where the goals are coming from. Has this signing begun to help you understand?
    Read this again and it sounds more aggressive than intended. I meant more does this make you feel more positive now.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    felix_31 said:
    Could anyone explain what sort of level PL2 is? 
    Palace U21s are basically two Leagues above us... But we cant get promoted to Division 2 until we're Cat.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Professional_U21_Development_League

They finished 8th last season, which wasn't bad considering that Chelsea just about avoided relegation from Division One

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Professional_U23_Development_League
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Yeah but England play with 2 holding central midfielders. 
    i can see dobbo and mgrandles playing as 2 holding midfielders - would make sense if ourt fuill backs are going to be rampaging - allows fraser or payne (or morgan if he maintains form) to sit in the hole 
  • Options
    Often when we get a skilful player on the ball in on loan, they try to do to much themselves and run into cul-de-sacs. I hope JRS is not played straight away , given time to integrate and uses his skills as part of a team.
  • Options

Galling but true.
    Who’s talking about feeder club ? It’s about having a good working relationship with a club that might be able to offer us loans. That’s a mutual benefit. Technically we are one season apart but in reality Palace are way way ahead of us. 
    A working relationship with premiership clubs loaning out young players is in all but name a feeder system even if we choose to call it a loan system. We may well get some benefit from a player we will never own or profit from but its highly doubtful. A mutual benefit, I cant see it as being that equal. Are we expected to give him game time, at the expense of some of our players? Who's paying the wages and picking up the tab for training and medical facilities? I'm not a fan of loans full stop and the way the system has evolved over the years. Let the prem teams pay, train and bring through their players a their clubs. If they cant or won't, tough, the players will have to move on.