Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Elerewe - Signed permanently for Bromley (p4)

Comments

• edited September 2022
    Deji is looking very solid.*
    Amazing that Wealdstone are Part time and do what most PT teams do and train two evenings a week. Deji must be training at Sparrows lane most mornings and then do the drills with his new team mate twice a week.

*Caught in possession and gave free kick away 🤦🏻‍♂️  learning curve !
  • Deji just got away with a talking to from the ref... Woking disappointed he didnt get booked
  • Deji is looking very solid.*
    Amazing that Wealdstone are Part time and do what most PT teams do and train two evenings a week. Deji must be training at Sparrows lane most mornings and then do the drills with his new team mate twice a week.

*Caught in possession and gave free kick away 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Wealdstone feels like a "proper" non league club, as opposed to many others which are EFL clubs in all but name, with their full professional squads and big stands
  • Only downside is that I think he is Cup tied for the FA Cup.
  • Deji is looking very solid.*

*Caught in possession and gave free kick away 🤦🏻‍♂️  learning curve !
    He was interviewed on this week's ITV EFL highlights show, as part of a feature about our academy. 

Being at a part time club is quite good in that respect, as he can still get the individual coaching at Sparrow's Lane, while experiencing men's football when with his club
  • Anyone know how he has got on. Looked really decent when he first broke through and so I have high hopes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Only downside is that I think he is Cup tied for the FA Cup.
    He is yes, played for Wealdstone in the 4th qualifying round.
  • Richard J said:
    Only downside is that I think he is Cup tied for the FA Cup.
    He is yes, played for Wealdstone in the 4th qualifying round.
    That's unfortunate indeed, we'll still be desperately short of competent CH's come 26th
    Glad to see Deji back
    Hopefully regular game time will have sharpened up the reflexes and honed his ability to read the game.
    Garner will still send them out to piss around with it at the back for the benefit of the possession and passing stats and to hell with embracing needless jeopardy
    The rose tinted numpty in me (all Charlton fans by definition?) hopes Inniss will take on some fatherly responsibility with such a young and green colleague at his side when he's allowed back out to play.
    The bar is set at ground level but DE's return to the fold significantly enhances our central defensive resources
  • This just highlights a massively failed transfer policy.  Not knocking Thomas, but he’s been brought in on a free, as cover and injuries can happen to anyone and we’ve been unlucky, but so far this season we’ve had to blood a fair few youngsters in games.  We’re now short at centre back and up top.  This team have worked hard to get a few decent results in the last month, as has BG.  There’s quite a bit of pressure on a thinly stretched squad now.  
  • Scoham said:
    Great read that I was meaning to share it myself.

Hartlepools and Rochdale aren't going to be Wrexham and Notts County.  It will be interesting who we send to Bromley next season.  Under Woodman it is a real proving ground.  If any of your yoof prove themselves there it does stand them in good stead.
  • Deji is a fair example of how the career graph of a good young player (I reckon Deji is good personally) is not always a perfect curve, but undulating.
    He isn’t even twenty years old. Still a very reckonable prospect.
  • edited May 2023
    I'm bias because of knowing coaches in his development since he was a young kid but agree with Mr Plum than many young footballers can find it bumpy going from youth to Men's football.
    Deji is a ball playing CB and as we know with John Stones the mistakes when young can look poor. Andy Woodman rated Deji from the first week he was there. Unfortunate the way it ended but Andy Woodman is a great guy and has gone from a keeper coach to a Manager's career. Whitehawk was his first Manager's job 5 years ago and he has always got Bromley in the mix since joining. Andy does have friends in high places in football which helps with loans.

The own goal affected Deji and the resulting red card came about as he was trying to make amends and over stretched.

Ness is in front of him but with Inniss going and a big question mark over Lavelle then I believe he has more potential than Thomas. Plus will Hector sign ?

• edited July 2023
    Holden said Deji is part of our plans. I see that as further confirmation we’ll play 3 CBs. Hector, Jones, Thomas, Mitchell, Ness and Deji gives us 6 with room for youngsters to have a break when needed.
  • Scoham said:
    Holden said Deji is part of our plans. I see that as further confirmation we’ll play 3 CBs. Hector, Jones, Thomas, Mitchell, Ness and Deji gives us 6 with room for youngsters to have a break when needed.
    I still think it's far to early to tell. 

If plan A is 3 we need another senior center back having 4 is sailing quite close to the wind IMO.

If plan A is 2 we are well stocked.

We needed the center backs we have signed/resigned what ever we are going to play, when ever we are going to play it.

I dont think anyone can say with any certainty what we are going to play as at present we have one right back and one wide foward, neither are natural wingbacks, supplemented with a mixture of kids and members of the bomb squad and players "doing a job" to make up the numbers.
  • We’ll see but I’ll be surprised if we line up with a back four on the opening day or sign 2 or 3 out and out wingers/wide forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scored the winner away at Woking for Bromley today.
  • Believe he scored in midweek as well.
  • I was at the Woking match today and despite his goal I wasn’t too impressed with him. Really casual the whole match. He could have really imposed himself against a fairly poor Woking attack but he just seemed content to stroll around. Didn’t give me the vibe of a player desperate to impress. He’s massive though, didn’t have too much trouble from Woking’s tiny frontline 
  • I was at the Woking match today and despite his goal I wasn’t too impressed with him. Really casual the whole match. He could have really imposed himself against a fairly poor Woking attack but he just seemed content to stroll around. Didn’t give me the vibe of a player desperate to impress. He’s massive though, didn’t have too much trouble from Woking’s tiny frontline 
    That's funny 😁 clean sheet and a goal. He is a CB and not a striker
  • He is twenty years and one month old.
    Like goalkeepers, sometimes central defenders take a bit of time to become fully established in football.
  • Cafclover said:
    I was at the Woking match today and despite his goal I wasn’t too impressed with him. Really casual the whole match. He could have really imposed himself against a fairly poor Woking attack but he just seemed content to stroll around. Didn’t give me the vibe of a player desperate to impress. He’s massive though, didn’t have too much trouble from Woking’s tiny frontline 
    Were you at the match? Did you watch him?
  • edited October 2023
    I was at the Woking match today and despite his goal I wasn’t too impressed with him. Really casual the whole match. He could have really imposed himself against a fairly poor Woking attack but he just seemed content to stroll around. Didn’t give me the vibe of a player desperate to impress. He’s massive though, didn’t have too much trouble from Woking’s tiny frontline 

If he got little trouble from a tiny Woking frontline and Bromley kept a clean sheet what else was he meant to do to impress? Not a dig and I wasn't there.  But if a CB is playing limited opposition isn't it just a game it is hard to impress in?

https://frombromleywithlove.substack.com/p/woking-0-1-bromley?r=6x19i&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

This guy calls him heroic in defence and gives 8/10.
  • Cafclover said:
    Were you at the match? Did you watch him?

Did he make mistakes on the ball ?

Deji scored a goal and kept a clean sheet and I would imagine played the way, big Andy Woodman wanted him to.  

When Deji tried to impress last season after he scored, he got a red card for a lunge so pleased he is settling down and doing his job in helping Bromley in earning 3 points on the road.