Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe - Signed permanently for Bromley (p4)

Comments

• Options
    I think this is a mistake 
    I suppose the club can't lose...

The one way they can, is if a League Two club not doing well try and sign Deji next summer, we don't take up the option to re-sign him, and he goes on the bigger and better things.

I'm sure other clubs in the past though, have activated the Buy Back option, and then sold the individual on themselves.

e.g. Notts County try to sign him for 100k, but our buy back is 25k... We can then sell him on to Notts County for 100k, and make 75k
  • Options
    Don't get it, he looks the best prospect at centre back to me. I'd have tried to agree a long term contract and a long loan with Bromley.

Not sure about that at all, I would say hopefully we don't regret it, but then I'd be wishing Dejis career move to flop. 

Good luck Dej and hope to see you back in red one day 👍🏻
    I think we did offer him a contract but I guess if he hasn’t signed it by now it’s worth cutting our losses 
  • Options
    Good Luck Deji.
  • Options
    Deji couldn't really step up from looking good on loan or the freedom you're given in pre-season games.  

You need to come back and show you have developed ready for the men's game. Like Kanu and that young chap McGrandles has! ;'/
  • Options
    Don't get it, he looks the best prospect at centre back to me. I'd have tried to agree a long term contract and a long loan with Bromley.

Not sure about that at all, I would say hopefully we don't regret it, but then I'd be wishing Dejis career move to flop. 

I reckon mitchell looks a lot better. Deji hasn't kicked on and looked awful when he did play. From memory, don't he get dragged off after 45 mins in his only start this season.

sell on clause and buy back options seems a good bit of business to me
  • Options

I reckon mitchell looks a lot better. Deji hasn't kicked on and looked awful when he did play. From memory, don't he get dragged off after 45 mins in his only start this season.

Result of having clueless managers imo, I'd like to have seen the messiah that is Jones work with him.

Ah well, hopefully he kicks on and we can buy him back cheap.
    However good he turns out to be he needs regular game time. What we want to avoid is having 5/6 CBs in the first team squad with too many of them being youngsters.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell back with us next season and Laqeretabua out on loan with a view of him moving into the first team in time.

The sell on and buy back clauses show the club still see potential but better to focus our efforts on a few young CBs than try to give game time to all of them. Don’t think he’d want to stay if the plan was only loaning him out for a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Result of having clueless managers imo, I'd like to have seen the messiah that is Jones work with him.

Ah well, hopefully he kicks on and we can buy him back cheap.
    But even if Jones/whoever does come in, is Deji going to get in ahead of all of Thomas, Gillesphey, REG, Ness, Hector and L. Jones (this season at least)? Probably not. And then you've got the likes of Bakri and Mitchell coming through who might be seen as better bets.

Think this is best for him personally, he gets to play, not moving miles away and might even motivate him to prove a point.
  • Options
    Very talented. Prefer him to Ness.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Looked good for Bromley, not so good for us.

Could be playing league football next season.

The buy back and sell on fee seems sensible business for us and we got a fee, albeit it can't have been much.
  • Options
    I remember my first look at him was the Pre-Season friendly at Welling 2 seasons ago. Thought he looked a promising prospect and really thought he would play an important role for us  - looked composed on the ball & could play as a sweeper.

• Options
    Ness got ahead of him in the pecking order, and Mitchell is very highly regarded too so I can see why it happened. Hopefully in 18 months time he's progressed to a point where we might be talking about re-signing him
  • Options
    WTF
  • Options
    He is 20.  I would have hoped that we would sign any of our youth with any kind of potential to be a league level player even if the likelihood of them playing for us consistently is low.  Nine times out of ten, they won’t make it but occasionally you get an Ahearne Grant who develops a little later and can ultimately either play for you or be sold for some reasonable sum. It is pretty minor financial investment to have in the grand scheme of things.  Now if he was 22 or didnt have much potential, then I would understand.  Does Mitchell really have that much more upside than Elewere?
  • Options
    Looked really good when he first started out for us but he hasn't really kicked on.

If none of our endless stream of managers thought he was good enough to play a serious part for us given how bad our defence has been in the past 2 seasons then he probably isn't all that.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, feels like he has been one of those young players who has been talked about breaking in the team for many seasons now but without managing it.

I would rather let him go have stability then become one of those awful clubs who keeps young players locked down on endless years of loans. 
  • Options
    He is at an age now where he should really have been progressing quicker if he was going to be a first team regular. He isn't going to get game time here. Small fee, buy back and sell is an excellent deal all round. Sandergaard would probably have sacked him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A sensible move actually, when you factor in the buy back clause. The sort of thing "big clubs" do with fringe players.

A bit disappointing that he didn't kick on, but he's not the first to not live up to initial expectations. Charlie Barker was another, while there was also that LB who scored a hattrick in the pizza cup.
  • Options
    A sensible move actually, when you factor in the buy back clause. The sort of thing "big clubs" do with fringe players.

A bit disappointing that he didn't kick on, but he's not the first to not live up to initial expectations. Charlie Barker was another, while there was also that LB who scored a hattrick in the pizza cup.
    Buy back only works if the player is interested in it. 
  • Options

The one way they can, is if a League Two club not doing well try and sign Deji next summer, we don't take up the option to re-sign him, and he goes on the bigger and better things.

I'm sure other clubs in the past though, have activated the Buy Back option, and then sold the individual on themselves.

e.g. Notts County try to sign him for 100k, but our buy back is 25k... We can then sell him on to Notts County for 100k, and make 75k
    But presumably Deji would have to agree that?

And if his agent knows the L2 club are interested, they'd be mad to agree to it.  

"So you could agree to go to Charlton first, and they'll get £75k... or Notts County say of you just go straight there, they'll give you an extra £10k out of the £75k they've saved...."
  • Options

Stevenson.

Just looked where he is, Braintree apparently!
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go but may be best for his career good luck Deji
  • Options
    I don't know too much about the youth teams but is there anyone in the under 18's who might be considered a better prospect by the club and would be hindered by Deji taken a squad place in front of him ?
  • Options

But presumably Deji would have to agree that?

And if his agent knows the L2 club are interested, they'd be mad to agree to it.  

"So you could agree to go to Charlton first, and they'll get £75k... or Notts County say of you just go straight there, they'll give you an extra £10k out of the £75k they've saved...."
    No choice. If the buy back clause says we can buy him for £100k we can buy him back for £100k.

And then sell him on to Brentford or whoever is interested in him.
  • Options
    just lacked that certain something with us .. could be a lack of 'aggression' for a central defender
  • Options
    I never rated Deji Elerewe. I much preferred Deji Elewere.