Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe - Signed permanently for Bromley (p4)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I think this is a mistake 
    I suppose the club can't lose...

The one way they can, is if a League Two club not doing well try and sign Deji next summer, we don't take up the option to re-sign him, and he goes on the bigger and better things.

I'm sure other clubs in the past though, have activated the Buy Back option, and then sold the individual on themselves.

e.g. Notts County try to sign him for 100k, but our buy back is 25k... We can then sell him on to Notts County for 100k, and make 75k
    But presumably Deji would have to agree that?

And if his agent knows the L2 club are interested, they'd be mad to agree to it.  

"So you could agree to go to Charlton first, and they'll get £75k... or Notts County say of you just go straight there, they'll give you an extra £10k out of the £75k they've saved...."
    No choice. If the buy back clause says we can buy him for £100k we can buy him back for £100k.

And then sell him on to Brentford or whoever is interested in him.
    Cheers... Neil raised a good point (as all Neil's do)... and wasnt sure if what you've put was the case or not.
  • Options
    All the best Deji, hope we’ve got a good sell on!
  • Options
    A tad Surprised but Andy Woodman liked Deji after his 1st loan. I did hear yesterday that one of Deji  first coaches was saying that Deji and Grant from Millwall had gone to Bromley but I just thought he didn't realize that we had recalled Deji !

It's difficult but at least if Deji kicks on we still have a say.
  • Options
    Shame but he's not broken through like Gomez or Konsa did, though I thought he was more consistent than Ness. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shame but he's not broken through like Gomez or Konsa did, though I thought he was more consistent than Ness. 
    Yep. agreed. And let's face it, our defence has been guff this season, so if he isn't getting a game with us now .....
  • Options
    I thought it was noteworthy that one of Garner's first acts was to send him on loan to non-league during pre-season. It told us what we already knew, which is that he's promising and physically gifted but raw, especially in possession.

Weirdly, I was thinking about him during my run today. We have so many CBs at the club and I was surprised he didn't get a loan during the window. Obviously we know why now. Didn't realize he was out of contract in the summer, but this makes sense. 

He is another one of our youngsters who needs to play regular football to develop. Similar to Asiimwe and Anderson, I think he was able to get away with a lot at youth level because of his physical attributes, and now needs to adapt to the senior game. Sounds like he's had two good spells at Bromley already. 

At the end of the day, it makes sense given the first refusal and sell on fee. If we're are going to chase promotion (don't laugh) next season, then we won't have time to bed youngsters in who we aren't certain are going to make it at this level, if not the one above. I think Anderson, Asiimwe, and Mitchell are all better bets than Deji at this point. And as such, we move him on, but the door is still slightly ajar. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    In two league games?
  • Options
    Seems a strange one to me. I think he will go on to be a great centre half. Rate him higher than Ness to be honest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Seems a strange one to me. I think he will go on to be a great centre half. Rate him higher than Ness to be honest. 
    I don’t think we can be certain we’ll keep Ness at this stage.
  • Options
    Good luck Deji, class will out. I'm sure you will succeed. 
  • Options
    Bonkers. Signing players from L2 or who can't get a game in Scotland.
  • Options
    Bonkers. Signing players from L2 or who can't get a game in Scotland.
    Ffs. Have you ever seen the new guy play?

• Options
    He lacks pace and speed of thought. I told my mates a couple of seasons ago that Ness would prove  to be a better option - I know he’s had a sticky season but I’m still hopeful with him. 
    Deji will need to work out how best to use his frame - who knows he might end up like that Santos guy.who plays for Bolton. 
  • Options

The one way they can, is if a League Two club not doing well try and sign Deji next summer, we don't take up the option to re-sign him, and he goes on the bigger and better things.

I'm sure other clubs in the past though, have activated the Buy Back option, and then sold the individual on themselves.

e.g. Notts County try to sign him for 100k, but our buy back is 25k... We can then sell him on to Notts County for 100k, and make 75k

And if his agent knows the L2 club are interested, they'd be mad to agree to it.  

"So you could agree to go to Charlton first, and they'll get £75k... or Notts County say of you just go straight there, they'll give you an extra £10k out of the £75k they've saved...."
    No choice. If the buy back clause says we can buy him for £100k we can buy him back for £100k.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. We don't have a buy back clause.

The article on the official site says we have a first refusal clause, meaning we will be made aware, and can match any offers that come in for him. So if a club bid 200k for him, we have to be informed and can then decide if we want to match the bid.

But then Deji will obviously have a choice on who he chooses to sign for. He isn't forced into signing for us just because we matched another clubs bid.
    Aren’t those clauses the same thing? As you say a player can’t be forced to sign for a club.
  • Options
    Good luck to Deji, I really rate him and am convinced he will play a decent level of football regularly in his career (Championship+).
    But ultimately he is young and raw and needs to be playing games which he wasn't doing here so this is the right move for him.  I would love to see him back in a Charlton shirt with both us and him showing significant steps forwards.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. We don't have a buy back clause.

The article on the official site says we have a first refusal clause, meaning we will be made aware, and can match any offers that come in for him. So if a club bid 200k for him, we have to be informed and can then decide if we want to match the bid.

But then Deji will obviously have a choice on who he chooses to sign for. He isn't forced into signing for us just because we matched another clubs bid.
    Aren’t those clauses the same thing? As you say a player can’t be forced to sign for a club.
    Not really the same no. A buy back clause is a pre-agreed transfer fee that will be written into the contract. So if/when we offer it the club have no choice but to accept it. So if for example a club bid 500k for him but we had a buy-back clause fee of 200k, then they have to accept our 200k offer.

First refusal clause just means the club have to notify us when any bids go in for him that they'd accept, and we have the opportunity to match it. But if for example a club offer 200k and we match it, it doesn't stop another club coming in and offering 400k. The selling club are under no obligation to sell to us, they just have to tell us of any bids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Not really the same no. A buy back clause is a pre-agreed transfer fee that will be written into the contract. So if/when we offer it the club have no choice but to accept it. So if for example a club bid 500k for him but we had a buy-back clause fee of 200k, then they have to accept our 200k offer.

First refusal clause just means the club have to notify us when any bids go in for him that they'd accept, and we have the opportunity to match it. But if for example a club offer 200k and we match it, it doesn't stop another club coming in and offering 400k. The selling club are under no obligation to sell to us, they just have to tell us of any bids.
    Fair enough. Either way the player still has a choice. Going to be interesting to see how his career develops vs our other young CBs.
  • Options

Ok. I guess with him nearly out of contract, we weren't able to impose anything stricter. 
  • Options
    Bit of a surprise but haven't really seen much to get too excited about. Think Zach Mitchell is the one to watch. 
  • Options
    Baby giraffe.

Good luck to him. Seems like a lovely lad, but I doubt we'll hear about him after this.
  • Options
    Personally think he has bags of potential and apparently a very good attitude believe he will do well 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He’s not as good as Ness. He had a couple of decent games early in, but never progressed imho.