Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• Crusty54 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    7 new sales staff plus the COO plus Dan 

That might be it or could be more, I don't know.
    So sales staff as opposed to the original post stating ticket office people. 
    The same thing?  Or were they trying to flog sub standard league 1 players?
  • edited June 2022
    Fumbluff said:
    Crusty54 said:
    J BLOCK said:

What do you think the sales staff sell at a football club? Footballs?
    Hospitality, advertising and sponsorship.
  • edited June 2022
    cafcfan said:
    swordfish said:
    I think before jumping to conclusions as to whether UK employment law is being properly applied, it's worth mentioning that our Non-Exective Director, Leo Rifkind, works for Freshfield's, who specialize in many areas of international law.

I'm not saying he's involved in the day to day running of the Club and is necessarily an expert in this field himself, but he'll probably know where to direct TS should the Sandgaard's seek his advice. I doubt they'd be 'winging it' as it were. 
    He doesn't anymore. Left 9 months ago. He's now an investment manager at Atai Life Sciences, whoever they are.

Hmmm.

Wonder why he's still listed as being in post on the OS....

More less than positive information not for sharing with the fans ? 
    Tommy’s not on you’re Christmas card list anymore is he? 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Crusty54 said:
    J BLOCK said:

What do you think the sales staff sell at a football club? Footballs?
    Hospitality, advertising and sponsorship.
    Correct answer is “pet memberships”
  • bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Crusty54 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dan Burke was the clubs Fans Liasion Officer, a role the club must have to be within the EFL rules. They may get around this by having the Fans Advisor (Lucy) cover that from the voluntary role
    I doubt that. Would think Fan Liaison Officer would be a proper paid role, or else it would be less than a box ticking exercise. 
    So they have made someone redundant when they will then replace them with someone else?
    It’ll be interesting to see what happens. 
    You can only make someone redundant if their job no longer exits. Their work can be incorporated into a new job description to appoint someone. Anyone being made redundant should be considered for other available jobs.
    That’s right. 

If they have 2+ years service.
    Indeed. 
    But I can’t see how he could get away with sacking the fan liaison officer in order to make the role unpaid. The EFL wouldn’t accept someone doing it as a hobby type thing. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Crusty54 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dan Burke was the clubs Fans Liasion Officer, a role the club must have to be within the EFL rules. They may get around this by having the Fans Advisor (Lucy) cover that from the voluntary role
    I doubt that. Would think Fan Liaison Officer would be a proper paid role, or else it would be less than a box ticking exercise. 
    So they have made someone redundant when they will then replace them with someone else?
    You can only make someone redundant if their job no longer exits. Their work can be incorporated into a new job description to appoint someone. Anyone being made redundant should be considered for other available jobs.
    That’s right. 

Indeed. 
    But I can’t see how he could get away with sacking the fan liaison officer in order to make the role unpaid. The EFL wouldn’t accept someone doing it as a hobby type thing. 
    It can be a volunteer doing the role 
  • Difficult without more information & context to know precisely what to make of this, but there’s something of a night of the long knives feel about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Crusty54 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    That’s right. 

Indeed. 
    Forest Green have their owner named as their SLO. 
  • After today for anyone working at the football club, my guess they would be now more concerned what’s next and if their job is the next to go 
  • JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Crusty54 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    That’s right. 

Indeed. 
    I doubt it’s his only role. 

I assume the restructured team will see this assigned to someone else. 

Let’s face it HR can organise this to suit them. It happens everywhere. 

But what we don’t yet know is what TS has told the affected teams and how he intends to reorganise. 

Maybe as blunt as not using as many staff as planned and scaling back. He may have jettisoned whatever Jockat set up. 

It’s conjecture based on limited information. 
  • It’s a clusterfuck and has been so since the Danish egomaniac walked through the door.

As soon as he got that fucking guitar out I knew we were in trouble.

I am losing interest by the minute in the club, it just doesn’t feel like it belongs to us any longer with all this madness behind the scenes.

Anyone who can’t see what’s going on right now at the club is simply in denial.

Why can’t we just have a normal fucking owner?
    Just for a bit of balance here, I perfectly understand peoples concerns about the off the pitch situation.

However for me personally, with the appointment of Garner, this is probably the most excited I’ve been going into a new season at this juncture in a while. This could of course all go in the gutter if we don’t continue to get some decent bodies through the door - but it does at the moment feel like recruitment mistakes of the past have been rectified and we have a clear plan that we are working towards.

But the possibility of seeing an dynamic, forward thinking attacking Charlton far outweighs some shoddy shenanigans going on with the commercial behind the scenes side of the club (stuff which as an average fan wouldn’t even be recognisable to me on the most part if I didn’t go on social media).
    Yeah , but he got his guitar out!!!!!!!😤….. we still don’t know the facts surrounding today, would have thought more people would have spilled more beans. 
  • It’s a clusterfuck and has been so since the Danish egomaniac walked through the door.

I am losing interest by the minute in the club, it just doesn’t feel like it belongs to us any longer with all this madness behind the scenes.

What is a normal owner? Simon Jordan? Darragh McAnthony? Murray? 
  • JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Crusty54 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    That’s right. 

Indeed. 
    Yes they do.
    Really? Disappointing. 
  • Let’s just go back to the Matt southall and co days shall we? 
  • Sponsored links:

Just for a bit of balance here, I perfectly understand peoples concerns about the off the pitch situation.

However for me personally, with the appointment of Garner, this is probably the most excited I’ve been going into a new season at this juncture in a while. This could of course all go in the gutter if we don’t continue to get some decent bodies through the door - but it does at the moment feel like recruitment mistakes of the past have been rectified and we have a clear plan that we are working towards.

The possibility of seeing a dynamic, forward thinking, attacking Charlton far outweighs some shoddy shenanigans going on with the commercial behind the scenes side of the club (stuff which as an average fan I feel wouldn’t even be recognisable to me on the most part if I didn’t go on social media).
    Providing it’s not a mirage.

The possibility of seeing a dynamic, forward thinking, attacking Charlton far outweighs some shoddy shenanigans going on with the commercial behind the scenes side of the club (stuff which as an average fan I feel wouldn’t even be recognisable to me on the most part if I didn’t go on social media).
    Providing it’s not a mirage.
    Buying good players is a mirage ?
  • Can someone who knows what's actually happened do a precis of the actual situation?