Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    How much will they give us do we know? 
    League Cup rules state that the home team must give at least 10% of capacity to the away support.

So 7400 tickets available minimum.
    Club has discretion to take less though. Nobody down there will have any idea of what we’ll want. They also have no experience at all of running a big away travel operation.
    Hopefully CAST can liaise with the club to emphasise the demand for tickets and coaches etc
    The distribution of both match tickets and travel will be a f*** up of monumental proportions.
  • edited December 2022
    Sorry, think some of our fans are delusional… How can anyone truly believe  7,000 are going to rock up at old Trafford on a Tuesday,Weds,Thur in early January. We get a 0-0 draw at home and win a poor pen shot out, and a season of complete bollocks is forgotten about. 

Ok, is great, been a while since we had a cup run that culminates in a decent big game. But, let’s be honest it will go no further, we will lose 3 or 4 nil, and most likely limp out like we have in so many league games. The older generation have seen us at Old Trafford on a number of occasions, so not a massive first for many of us. 

I think we would be do really bloody well to sell 3,500 half the allocation. So can see no problem anybody getting a ticket. I will be one of those, but only because it’s a chance to meet up with friends in the Manchester area, who I haven’t seen in a while.
    We'll sell out easily, assuming we get in the region of 7k.
  • I think the match will be played on the same night as the Man city match due to Man U play Man City  on the Saturday.
  • se9addick said:
    Bizarrely Sky have chosen the best two games, instead of defaulting to Man U.
    “best” is pretty subjective. Hard to put myself in the shoes of a neutral but I think I’d rather see our match than matches between teams that will already play each other twice in the league this season. 
    A second string Man U team at home to a poor L1 side is hardly going to be an enticing spectacle for the neutral.

Would you watch Man U Vs Shrewsbury or Oxford? 
    I would probably watch that over Southampton v City. Chance of the smaller team who are on a cup run causing an upset against a team that are a massive name but have been going through some relatively tough times. 

Think ours being that only non-all PL tie gives it an angle.

Like I said, hard for me to be impartial though!
  • What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 
    It's a real test of the "always show United" mentality.

Newcastle vs Leicester looks the best game of the round, while Soton vs City would seem a better contest
    They’ll have games on TV on
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with 
    Forest not on the box unless they show two games simultaneously. 
    Sky due to show two games live. 
    We'll be on, United cup games are always on the box.
    Something to do with TV money........
  • Hotels are around £65 at the moment, you can book both nights seperately and bin the one that's no good. The return from Euston to Manchester is £64 if you stay out of the rush hour, the cheap tickets seem to be disappearing.

I love (genuinely) how the desperation and despair of the last couple of weeks have totally disappeared.

I hope the younger readers can find a way of getting up there and seeing this. 
  • Pleased it’s not on TV as that’s the encouragement I need to M62 it to Manchester

45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 

Newcastle vs Leicester looks the best game of the round, while Soton vs City would seem a better contest
    They already announced the two TV games and we weren’t one of them.
  • Hotel booked.
  • clive said:
    Aggregate score in the matches highlighted is 20-3 to Man U. And thay was when we were on par with them in the Premier league. Might be the same score in just one match this time...😄
  • Sponsored links:

• How many CAFC fans are booking hotels? The one I stayed in in summer for about £70 a night going at £180 on Tuesday 10th!

I can't go anyway as I'm just starting a new job thought I'd look out of interest.

We will be. Mrs Baldy will enjoy a day shopping while me and Jnr do what boys do.
  • clive said:
    Aggregate score in the matches highlighted is 20-3 to Man U. And thay was when we were on par with them in the Premier league. Might be the same score in just one match this time...😄

You think we will get 3??

Really hoping to go, never been old Trafford so hopeful, certainly a better stadium than Shrewsbury which was my last away
  • The Man U Man City game on the 14th is a 12:30 BT Sport game, so I can't see how it could be moved as that's the BT slot. If we played on Wednesday or Thursday, they couldn't move it back to Sunday as that would clash with two Sky games.

And City then play on Thursday 19th, so they wouldn't agree to it being moved to Monday 16th...

Thus I'd be staggered if our game wasn't on Tuesday
  • edited December 2022
    Several Premier Inns in Manchester, charging £48 a night for Tuesday. That price is non refundable but the check in date can be changed apparently
  • The Man U Man City game on the 14th is a 12:30 BT Sport game, so I can't see how it could be moved as that's the BT slot. If we played on Wednesday or Thursday, they couldn't move it back to Sunday as that would clash with two Sky games.

And City then play on Thursday 19th, so they wouldn't agree to it being moved to Monday 16th...

Why’s that ? If City are playing At Southampton on the Wednesday, then why can’t Utd ?? 
  • edited December 2022
  • United are selling tickets already and date of the Tuesday is on them. Why can CAFC not announce the date at least. 
  • edited December 2022
    Says everything about my confidence in the club right now but Charlton ticket office: please don't f**k this up!!! 
  • edited December 2022
    United are selling tickets already and date of the Tuesday is on them. Why can CAFC not announce the date at least. 
    Just been on Manure’s website and it says on their ticketing page in small print, date and time to be confirmed against our fixture 🤷‍♂️

10 JAN
    Tue20:00  MANCHESTER UNITED V CHARLTON ATHLETIC (CARABAO CUP)
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at their site and the ticket prices I am guessing at around £30 on average.
    If there are 70k people buying tickets that's £2,100,000.After VAT is taken off it's £1.68 million.
    45% of that, rounds to £750,000.
    I would suggest all that money, even if it shrinks to £500,000, is bonus money nobody expected before the Brighton game. Let's call it the Varney dividend.
    I contend that every penny of that Varney dividend should go to strengthening the squad in the January transfer window.
    What (realistically) would you spend the dividend on?

Why’s that ? If City are playing At Southampton on the Wednesday, then why can’t Utd ?? 
    City are playing on Sunday 8th in the FA Cup so couldn't play on Tuesday anyway

United's FA Cup game is on Friday, so it makes complete sense to play on Tuesday and get an extra day's rest before the derby
  • The Ibis Budget hotel in Salford Quays can be booked for £33 at the moment. 
  • seth plum said:
    Looking at their site and the ticket prices I am guessing at around £30 on average.
    If there are 70k people buying tickets that's £2,100,000.After VAT is taken off it's £1.68 million.
    I would suggest all that money, even if it shrinks to £500,000, is bonus money nobody expected before the Brighton game. Let's call it the Varney dividend.
    I contend that every penny of that Varney dividend should go to strengthening the squad in the January transfer window.
    £2,100,000 equates to £1,750,000 when you take the VAT out.
  • Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Looking at their site and the ticket prices I am guessing at around £30 on average.
    I blame Alexa.

This one not !!!! 
  • seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    I blame Alexa.
    Is she a vegan?
  • We are not on TV . Just announced 

That is absolutely insane and beyond disrespectful 

We are the underdog! Playing against arguably the biggest club in the world!

So typical