Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• When do we expect the announcement of fixture dates to be confirmed?
  • Wonder if there are any independent coaches being arranged - I’m sure the Plumstead Radical could get enough numbers for a couple of coaches, if not more
  • How many CAFC fans are booking hotels? The one I stayed in in summer for about £70 a night going at £180 on Tuesday 10th!

I can't go anyway as I'm just starting a new job thought I'd look out of interest.
    Plenty of £60-80 availability in the city centre. The grim Britannia near Piccadilly Gardens has jacked its prices up, though, but the usual suspects are offering decent deals. 
    There are also several close to the ground at about similar prices, with cancellation so you can safely book now and cancel when exact date known. Close ones include Copthorne, Ibis, AC Marriot and Holiday Inn Express. 
  • I do remember there was a menacing atmosphere at the 1974 game, and the Manure fans were angry generally because they had been relegated. Astonishingly I think the attendance was about 21k at a place used to getting crowds of around 60k.
  • Definitely want to go to this and hope there is a coach from Bromley (with toilets on board)
  • What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 
    It's a real test of the "always show United" mentality.

Newcastle vs Leicester looks the best game of the round, while Soton vs City would seem a better contest
    They’ll have games on TV on
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with 
    Forest not on the box unless they show two games simultaneously. 
  • What are the rules surrounding Gate Receipts?

Do we stand a chance of making more money with the game at Old Trafford.

Should be more in attendance than what the Valley can hold you'd think
    45% to each club, after expenses deducted I assume. A nice little windfall. Even bigger if shown live by Sky, which I can't see happening.
    Sky love a United game and the other ties aren’t exactly exciting. I think it will be on the box . Either way I’m going anyway 
    It's a real test of the "always show United" mentality.

Newcastle vs Leicester looks the best game of the round, while Soton vs City would seem a better contest
    They’ll have games on TV on
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with 
    Forest not on the box unless they show two games simultaneously. 
    Sky due to show two games live. 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Solidgone said:
    Bet the club will be stupid and wont run a Valley Away service...

Even if they do it'll probably be one or two coaches, especially if there is to be a Rail Strike!!
    Back in 74 the only way to get up to Manchester was make your own way up there.
    Lewis Coaches said no coach travel due to too much trouble up in Manchester.

As I recall 9 of us back of Bedford van went up together . Cost of ticket seats 1 pound 10 pence .

I went by train. 
    We went by train group of us from Eltham must have been about 30/40 of us. We’re in a pen on half way line. Charlton went 1-0 up, then all hell broke out on the terrace. Police with truncheons wading in as well. We were all put up on edge of pitch and March to another section opposite side of ground, across the front of Stratford End, all spitting at us. By time we got there. We’re losing 2-1.
    I was in that group from Eltham … mainly Middle Park & Cherry Orchard.  .  

We were all meant to be getting a coach from the high street but the firm changed their minds when they realised we were going to football.  Cue a mad rush across London to Euston. 

We were all in the Paddock area next to the old Scoreboard end when it all went off … quite an evening even getting home and trouble again at the train station. 

Luckily those there were not exactly shrinking violets so we got back safely.  
    Blimy yes, I forgot about the cancelled coach. We were in castle waiting for it, then announced the coach firm found out it was the firm on the bus, and they cancelled. 
  • We are not on TV . Just announced 
    Sell out in the away end got more impetus now then 😯.
  • Does ticket money get split for league Cup? Joke that we aren't on TV
  • Mike said:
    Does ticket money get split for league Cup? Joke that we aren't on TV

EFL Cup Prize Money: The winners of EFL Cup every year pocket around £100,000 in prize money while the runners-up pocket just £50,000 which is insignificant compared to what Premier League or championship sides make due to TV money. While there is basically zero prize money up until the EFL Cup semifinal stages. The losing teams in semifinals get £25,000 each.

Gate Receipts Distribution: However there is money to be made elsewhere for participating teams in EFL Cup. The gate receipts earnings of every EFL Cup match are divided into three pots. 45% each is shared by home and away team regardless where the match is taking place while 10% goes to English FA. So for example when Burton Albion lost to Manchester United few years back in EFL Cup they still managed to grab around £500,000 for their nights work at old trafford.

https://www.totalsportal.com/football/efl-cup-prize-money/

• Bizarrely Sky have chosen the best two games, instead of defaulting to Man U.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could it be on ITV or BT Sports?
    No.
  • Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Bizarrely Sky have chosen the best two games, instead of defaulting to Man U.
    “best” is pretty subjective. Hard to put myself in the shoes of a neutral but I think I’d rather see our match than matches between teams that will already play each other twice in the league this season. 
    A second string Man U team at home to a poor L1 side is hardly going to be an enticing spectacle for the neutral.

Whereas Man U v Burnley was always going to be a surefire humdinger of a game?
    Burnley are a FAR better side than us, they gave United a real test. And they have a City legend as manager.
  • My wife is a Man Utd fan and member. MUFC already selling home fans tickets on their website. We’ve booked Prem Inn at Sir Alex Ferguson way Tues, Weds & Thurs nights (£59-£66 per night with free cancellation for nights we don’t need).
    It's cheaper at the League 1 Inn.
    It'll be shown abroad for sure so there will be streams
  • Haha Man U have been on TV in every cup game for about 54 years! Liberty!

That does 95% confirm we will play on the Tuesday though.
    Does it? They will have 2 games on each night I would guess