Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Surely we will sell this one out.
    The excitement.
    The opposition.
    The anticipation.
    Route into Europe.

I hope the trains are running, and the ticket prices are not silly buggers ones.

Roll on the piazza cup too.
    Our first team are still in the mix for four trophies.
  • Options
    Mark Chapman: "Stevenage will fancy their chances at home against Charlton"

Cheeky wee gobshite! String him up by his bollox and take him off your Xmas card list 😎
  • Options
    disappointing draw i m o .. AND Chapmen is right, they will give us problems, Chubby Stevie Evans has been given lots of money to spend and has put a pretty good decent squad together .. plus of course, they will be right up for a crack at the Mighty Addicks
  • Options
    disappointing draw i m o .. AND Chapmen is right, they will give us problems, Chubby Stevie Evans has been given lots of money to spend and has put a pretty good decent squad together .. plus of course, they will be right up for a crack at the Mighty Addicks
    Yes of course he's right and I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else. If it was us at home to a Championship side, he'd be saying we fancied our chances. It would be dull if they just drew names from the 'hat' and weren't allowed to pass comment for fear of upsetting supporters of one team or other. 
  • Options
    I suspect a big factor will be how seriously we take the game. 
  • Options
    I suspect a big factor will be how seriously we take the game. 
    I would be disappointed if we didn't. This is a good opportunity 
  • Options
    Really pleased with this draw. Shouldn’t fear a team in the division below.  Can’t see how BG doesn’t take this seriously when already in 3rd round, plus a game which will comfortably have a sold out away end. 

Local ish game, no annual leave needed and a ground I have not been back to in 10 years or so. 

Do wonder whether they will play this earlier than November, as neither of us have premier league or European commitments. 
    Wouldn't be too confident of this. Can't sell out Wycombe on a Saturday, so midweek at Stevenage isn't a given
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Really pleased with this draw. Shouldn’t fear a team in the division below.  Can’t see how BG doesn’t take this seriously when already in 3rd round, plus a game which will comfortably have a sold out away end. 

Local ish game, no annual leave needed and a ground I have not been back to in 10 years or so. 

Do wonder whether they will play this earlier than November, as neither of us have premier league or European commitments. 
    Wouldn't be too confident of this. Can't sell out Wycombe on a Saturday, so midweek at Stevenage isn't a given
    45 mins from station to station from London Bridge, its practically a home game for most charlton fans. 
  • Options
    Just out of interest, will the World Cup have started by the time this game is played, so will Wooly be missing in goal?
    World cup starts a couple of weeks after this game.
  • Options
    I am in Knebworth so it suits me,  when we played them in 2011 and lost, my lad was the away mascot

If we stick 8 past them again I will host the after party! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Just out of interest, will the World Cup have started by the time this game is played, so will Wooly be missing in goal?
    World cup starts a couple of weeks after this game.
    Good.  Players will have time to rest.

: :D  
  • Options
    Sod this glamour tie bollocks. I want to win not get tanked 10-1 by Man City.

Let’s think confident and not get below our station….. got plenty of experience seeing us beat Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal in my lifetime. I’m not a welling fan wanting to see the big boys in a once in a lifetime game. We’ve been there before in the league. 

Without much of a financial incentive in this comp - let’s get a run going simply because we like winning games 
    Those wins were roughly TWENTY years ago. A whole generation of fans won't have seen us play such opposition

Sod em
  • Options

The following Carabao Cup Round Three ties have been selected for live Sky Sports television coverage:

Wednesday 9 November – Manchester City v Chelsea – 8.00pm

Thursday 10 November – Manchester United v Aston Villa – 8.00pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/september/carabao-cup-round-three-tv-selections-confirmed/

• Options
    Massive game this. A cup run is as good as it’s gonna get this season.

Lets not lose to another league two side (like Hartlepool last year) so we have absolutely f.all to look forward to this season.

The joys of being a consistent mid table league one fan huh?
  • Options
    Has there been any news on tickets for Stevenage?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Just thinking this, is it me or are tickets always released way later than normal? 
  • Options
    They're waiting to see if we get Stevenage away in the FA Cup the Saturday before so they can sent both tickets together.
  • Options
    I'll be going to this, but it has defeat written all over it, with our poor away form, Stevenage playing really well, and likely to bully us on the pitch.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Weird that this game still isn't on sale, when the league games for the 2 away Saturday games afterwards ARE on sale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Weird that this game still isn't on sale, when the league games for the 2 away Saturday games afterwards ARE on sale
    You can get a ticket in the home already, why can't we buy one yet?
  • Options
    15 minutes away so will go if I can get a ticket.
  • Options
    15 minutes away so will go if I can get a ticket.
    I suspect you’ll be okay!
  • Options
    So Round 4 then... Draw is on Thursday night after Man U v Aston Villa concludes.

Names in the hat:

Bournemouth
    Burnley
    Charlton
    Gillingham
    Leicester
    Lincoln
    MK
    Arsenal/Brighton
    Liverpool/Derby
    Man City/Chelsea
    Man U/Villa
    Newcastle/Palace
    N.Forest/Spurs
    Southampton/Sheff W
    West Ham/Blackburn
    Wolves/Leeds
  • Options
    So, potentially:

PL - 11
    Championship - 1 
    League 1 - 3
    League 2 - 1

If that were the case (and West Ham, Southampton and Liverpool to win) we have a 73.33% chance of being drawn against a PL club. Though Gillingham at home and a better chance to make the QFs would be fine.

• Options
    That’s a big win for us tonight real chance of a prem side although I’d take gills away or mk dons at home
  • Options
    Hope we draw someone shite. Chance to keep the dream alive a bit longer. And whilst a big day out would be nice, seeing us let in 6 or 7 against Man City reserves isn't that fun.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Hope we draw someone shite. Chance to keep the dream alive a bit longer. And whilst a big day out would be nice, seeing us let in 6 or 7 against Man City reserves isn't that fun.

Would be happier to be dumped out in the quarter finals (even the chance to go further even!) rather than just round 4
  • Options
    Preference Gills at home.

Worst case Palace, Burnley, Wednesday, Derby, Blackburn or West Ham
  • Options
    4th Round directly after the World Cup?

Perfect chance to turn a Premier League club over.