Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    A winnable game if nothing else. Bit jealous though of Derby, away to Liverpool and Gillingham, away to Brentford (a new stadium for most of us)

And we were close to getting the tie I wanted, away to Man City.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Son’s gone a bed with the hump. 

Must be so hard for anyone under 25 following Charlton. We don’t do cups and the odd time we do, even our draws are shit. 
    A shit draw is Blackburn away, Wednesday etc. If we're not gonna get a big team then this is decent
    Try telling that to a kid who's never got to experience a game against Premier League opposition... :-)

Since that relegation fifteen years ago, we've had one away at White Hart Lane in 2011 and then a behind closed doors COVID game away at West Ham. (There was also Fulham away in 2012 if that counts...) Can't remember anything else that was decent.
  • Options
    Not even a new ground for me, as I saw us lose 1-0 there in the Powell title season  :D
  • Options
    Stevenage is a better draw than:

Sheff Wed
    Derby
    Lincoln
    Morecambe
    Brentford 
    Burnley 
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Bristol City 
    Bournemouth
    MK Dons

Its shit but at least its winnable 
    I'd have preferred Brentford.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Son’s gone a bed with the hump. 

Must be so hard for anyone under 25 following Charlton. We don’t do cups and the odd time we do, even our draws are shit. 
    A shit draw is Blackburn away, Wednesday etc. If we're not gonna get a big team then this is decent
    Try telling that to a kid who's never got to experience a game against Premier League opposition... :-)

Since that relegation fifteen years ago, we've had one away at White Hart Lane in 2011 and then a behind closed doors COVID game away at West Ham. (There was also Fulham away in 2012 if that counts...) Can't remember anything else that was decent.
    Silly me, I forgot the Premier League titans of Norwich last season! And lastly there was a game in 2015 that we don't talk about...
  • Options
    Not even a new ground for me, as I saw us lose 1-0 there in the Powell title season  :D
    Wading through piss.
  • Options
    Thameslink from London Bridge.
    Unless there are strikes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised to see so many writing it off from being on tv. Sky will be salivating over such a wonderful tie.

A chance for Garner ball to be shown all around the world.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    When was the last time we made the 4th round? I’ll always take a winnable draw 
    Wycombe at Home in the 1/4 final was the last time we got that far, what a miserable night that was.! Prior to that Blackburn at Home when we was 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go and only Charlton managed to blow that as well losing 3-2.!
  • Options
    Garner said post Walsall that if wasn’t a home draw he’d want a local game. An hour from The Valley. I’ll take that. 
    And winnable. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Garner said post Walsall that if wasn’t a home draw he’d want a local game. An hour from The Valley. I’ll take that. 
    And winnable. 
    We're just getting a regional tie in the 3rd Round, when we should have had it at the 2nd Round
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The wait for an exciting tie continues but at least there will be no difficulty in getting a ticket for those who want to go. The ‘Football Grpund Guide’ says:

” Away fans are located at one end of the ground in the South Stand, where up to 1,400 supporters can be housed. As you would expect from a relatively new stand the facilities and views of the playing action are good. If demand requires it then part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.”

https://www.stevenagefc.com/tickets/away-fan-information/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not a slam dunk by any stretch of the imagination, but it is winnable, and it's a reasonably easy journey for a midweek game. There are far far worse draws we could have had.
  • Options
    It’s the hope that kills you, we don’t do cup runs, let alone cup draws, bit like getting socks every Christmas!
  • Options
    Brilliant!

Mouthwatering tie, we couldn’t have asked for a better match. The football gods have looked kindly on us again🙏
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    The wait for an exciting tie continues but at least there will be no difficulty in getting a ticket for those who want to go. The ‘Football Grpund Guide’ says:

” Away fans are located at one end of the ground in the South Stand, where up to 1,400 supporters can be housed. As you would expect from a relatively new stand the facilities and views of the playing action are good. If demand requires it then part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.”

https://www.stevenagefc.com/tickets/away-fan-information/

No chance of them giving us extra tickets in the main stand, this is the big draw they've been waiting for, they'll sell out the home areas in minutes  ;)
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    3 months worth of build up, as well.

The anticipation will be electric come November.
    I'm worried the players will be distracted
  • Options
    Winner of the MK Dons Morecombe game next then someone shit and before you know it we are headlining sky sports heading into europe.
    So this is Sandgaard's master plan to establish us as European giants, all makes sense now! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yep, tiny area behind stand, toilets flooded and ankle deep in piss. Shite day that. 
    I had my leg in plaster and was on crutches. When to go to the loo at HT. There was no way I was going in ploughing through piss. Was breaking my neck when I finally got to go in a pub after the game. Only good point of the day was backing Stacey Long to score against us.