Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Sod this glamour tie bollocks. I want to win not get tanked 10-1 by Man City.

Let’s think confident and not get below our station….. got plenty of experience seeing us beat Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal in my lifetime. I’m not a welling fan wanting to see the big boys in a once in a lifetime game. We’ve been there before in the league. 

Without much of a financial incentive in this comp - let’s get a run going simply because we like winning games 
    Those wins were roughly TWENTY years ago. A whole generation of fans won't have seen us play such opposition
  • Options
    Swindon drew 1-1 away to Stevenage last season (Jack Payne scored for Swindon) could be another nervy penalty shootout!
  • Options

Let’s think confident and not get below our station….. got plenty of experience seeing us beat Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal in my lifetime. I’m not a welling fan wanting to see the big boys in a once in a lifetime game. We’ve been there before in the league. 

Without much of a financial incentive in this comp - let’s get a run going simply because we like winning games 
    Those wins were roughly TWENTY years ago. A whole generation of fans won't have seen us play such opposition

I'm officially old aren't I.........
  • Options
    I offer you Stevenage away in the third round as we are going into injury time against QPR in round 1. You bite your cock off 
    I'm sorry what?
  • Options
    Son’s gone a bed with the hump. 

Must be so hard for anyone under 25 following Charlton. We don’t do cups and the odd time we do, even our draws are shit. 
    A shit draw is Blackburn away, Wednesday etc. If we're not gonna get a big team then this is decent
    Try telling that to a kid who's never got to experience a game against Premier League opposition... :-)

Since that relegation fifteen years ago, we've had one away at White Hart Lane in 2011 and then a behind closed doors COVID game away at West Ham. (There was also Fulham away in 2012 if that counts...) Can't remember anything else that was decent.
    Ask that kid about Jim Stannard.

I take your point btw.
  • Options
    I offer you Stevenage away in the third round as we are going into injury time against QPR in round 1. You bite your cock off 
    You clearly have a higher opinion of this trophy than I do…
  • Options
    Not the big match I wanted but could have been much worse.

Definitely winnable so I just hope we take it seriously 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Unlikely that we'll ever be back there so cup matches are our only hope of ever playing the big clubs, or getting a derby, again.
  • Options
    Not even a new ground for me, as I saw us lose 1-0 there in the Powell title season  :D
    My eldest sons first away game at the age of 5 ... perfect start , this is it son we're shit,  deal with it you cnut
    Not very nice calling your 5 year old son a cnut though. 
  • Options

I admire the confidence in assuming we'd score.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Garner's boys are going to do a Millwall-esque shithouse run to a final without facing a single top flight side.
  • Options
    I've looked at all the possible permutations  of how we can get to the final and this is what will happen ... 

We'll draw 1-1 with Stevenage and win on pens. And then lose in the next round to proper opposition. 
  • Options
    Who MK or Morecambe?
  • Options
     No, I wouldn’t. That’s assuming I could.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    This could be a decent draw if we take the game as seriously as we would if we were drawn against say Man City. Why, because we will probably be favourites and then it would be the last 16 where all the big teams and their fans become more interested and we could have a nice earner or another winnable game with hardly any Championship teams left in it.

Stevenage are doing well but the game is in a while when they might not be, I suppose the same applies to us though. Nothing is certain in life but this is a great opportunity for a bit of glory of a cup run and indeed there is a crock of gold out there to find.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, will the World Cup have started by the time this game is played, so will Wooly be missing in goal?
  • Options
    Only 30 mins from me, will definitely attend.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    20 minutes from me
  • Options
    Just like to point out that it’s a blessing the game isn’t till November, Stevenage have made a sensational start to the season winning 5 and drawing 1 including beating Peterborough and Reading.  
  • Options
    Really pleased with this draw. Shouldn’t fear a team in the division below.  Can’t see how BG doesn’t take this seriously when already in 3rd round, plus a game which will comfortably have a sold out away end. 

Local ish game, no annual leave needed and a ground I have not been back to in 10 years or so. 

Do wonder whether they will play this earlier than November, as neither of us have premier league or European commitments. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    shine166 said:
    20 minutes from me
    Where are you ? I'm based in Arlesey. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    20 minutes from me
    Where are you ? I'm based in Arlesey. 
    Hatfield. Just up the A1M. My mum lives in Stevenage.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Just out of interest, will the World Cup have started by the time this game is played, so will Wooly be missing in goal?
    Nope... Game will be on the 8th, last game I expect Wollacott to be involved in, prior to the World Cup, will be the 12th
  • Options
    Win this and the get and beat Morecombe next round please.  Would be super to get last 8 before facing any big team.  
  • Options
    Win this and the get and beat Morecombe next round please.  Would be super to get last 8 before facing any big team.  
    It's called doing a Palace.
  • Options
    Not even a new ground for me, as I saw us lose 1-0 there in the Powell title season  :D
    Yep, tiny area behind stand, toilets flooded and ankle deep in piss. Shite day that. 
    And I remember Lawrie Wilson being mustard for Stevenage that day...
  • Options

Fuck 'em...what do they expect for their lousy £29? (or whatever it is now). 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    20 minutes from me

Same for me, in Hoddesdon. Very happy with draw 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    20 minutes from me

Same for me, in Hoddesdon. Very happy with draw 
    Same for me 17 miles - easy one to get to. Station not far from the ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stevenage is a better draw than:

Sheff Wed
    Derby
    Lincoln
    Morecambe
    Brentford 
    Burnley 
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Bristol City