Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Grealish, Foden, Bellingham, Kane, Mount, Rice, James. Chilwell, Saka etc.

Its gonna have to be a hell of a midfield / forward line to better that in Qatar. 
  • I was working in an executive box at Chelsea tonight, they were mustard tbh, played a decent AC team off the park really. Reece James is 10x the player TAA is
  • Grealish, Foden, Bellingham, Kane, Mount, Rice, James. Chilwell, Saka etc.

Its gonna have to be a hell of a midfield / forward line to better that in Qatar. 
    Very good parts but will they be reduced to less than the sum of?
  • 11th October .. Maccabi Haifa 2 v Juventus 0 ..
     even more unlikely, Chelsea playing in Milan tonight and start with FIVE Englishmen
  • Got to laugh. Barcelona activate about 20 levers to sign everyone and already look like they're heading for the Europa league which definitely won't do their finances any good.

Liverpool demolish Rangers and Salah scores the fastest ever champions league hat trick. 6 minutes and 12 seconds.
  • It’s like letting a League One side go in the Champions league with good support , pathetic standard of football 
  • Got to laugh. Barcelona activate about 20 levers to sign everyone and already look like they're heading for the Europa league which definitely won't do their finances any good.

Liverpool demolish Rangers and Salah scores the fastest ever champions league hat trick. 6 minutes and 12 seconds.
    They'd get top 6 in the prem don't you know 🤣
  • Look at the score, and it's 2-1. Return 20 minutes later, and it's 6-1!
  • rangers and celtic this season have shown how far behind they are when it comes to the european comps i also feel that European teams are getting a lot stronger.  big result for spurs last night they needed that. 
  • Look at the score, and it's 2-1. Return 20 minutes later, and it's 6-1!

Listened on the radio till it was 1-1, then heard the final score at 7-1.

• Sponsored links:

• If you think Charlton had a bad transfer window you should see Rangers’
  • Quite happy Marseille got fucked over, awful club. Spurs first half were shocking, but got the result.

Pleased for Kane more than anything, geezer is ridiculous.
  • It was unbelievable how poor Spurs were in the first half. They were like a boxer on the ropes for most of it if not all of it!
  • No more celebrating out of car windows for that Gooner poodle Guendouzi.  Gave the ball away for the winner.  Perfect.

Its doing my head in as how poor we are in first half of games and then we totally dominate in the second.

Kane was good second half but bloody hell Bentancur is a magnificent footballer.  That boy has got everything.  Michael Carrick on steroids with Berbatov's DNA.  Proper Rolls Royce.  He'll go on to bigger and better things than Spurs I would imagine but blimey, I love watching him right now.
  • Benfica make it 1-6 in Israel which means as it stands with a couple of minutes to go PSG have dropped to 2nd in the group.
  • PSG and Benfica drew both games 1-1.
    They finish on the same points, same goal difference and same goals scored.
    Benfica finish top (and therefore seeded for the knockout round) due to more away goals scored.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    No more celebrating out of car windows for that Gooner poodle Guendouzi.  Gave the ball away for the winner.  Perfect.

Its doing my head in as how poor we are in first half of games and then we totally dominate in the second.

Kane was good second half but bloody hell Bentancur is a magnificent footballer.  That boy has got everything.  Michael Carrick on steroids with Berbatov's DNA.  Proper Rolls Royce.  He'll go on to bigger and better things than Spurs I would imagine but blimey, I love watching him right now.
    Bentancur and Valverde for Uruguay are easily one of the best midfield duo's in world football.
  • PSG and Benfica drew both games 1-1.
    They finish on the same points, same goal difference and same goals scored.
    Benfica finish top (and therefore seeded for the knockout round) due to more away goals scored.
    Thus meaning that every group winner will want to avoid PSG.

Although i do think that most top sides will overrun them, simply because their famous front 3 won't track back or do much defensively. You'd still rather avoid them though.
  • Rico Lewis becomes the youngest ever player to score on his first Champions league start.

He captained City's U18s last season and is still only 17. I'm sure no one needs telling how good a prospect he must be if Guardiola is giving him a start at that age.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rico Lewis becomes the youngest ever player to score on his first Champions league start.

He captained City's U18s last season and is still only 17. I'm sure no one needs telling how good a prospect he must be if Guardiola is giving him a start at that age.
    Good to see he's a Right-Back too... England have a proper shortage of those at the moment :D
  • edited November 2022
    Out of those left in the competition, who do you want to win?

Two I don’t want to are Real Madrid and PSG.

I’d quite like a final of any of these: Frankfurt, Dortmund, Porto, Napoli, Bruges, or Spurs.

I fully expect it to be Madrid v Munich.
  • I fully expect it to be Madrid v Munich.
    Not Man City with Haaland to come back into the team?
  • Anyone but Spurs , Chelsea or Liverpool please 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I want Man City to win

Been so good for the last 5 years, would be a travesty if that team didnt get the Champions League as well
    De Bruyne certainly deserves a winners medal. 
  • I doubt it'll happen but i'd like to see a City v PSG final. 2 sides who've never won it. 

Everyone especially Javier Tebas the La Liga president raging at an 'oil' final. But the talent on display would make for a great final.

Failing that i wouldn't mind seeing Napoli get there, some of the football they've played this season has been amazing. And i strongly suspect their side will get broken up in the summer as the bigger, richer sides pick off their best players. Just like everyone did to Ajax a few years ago, and Monaco before that, and going back even further Porto.

And failing that.........just anyone to win it who isn't Madrid or Liverpool please.
  • Everyone especially Javier Tebas the La Liga president raging at an 'oil' final. But the talent on display would make for a great final.
    One of the biggest twats in the game...

Moans that the money of Man City and PSG are ruining the game, moans when Mbappe decides against moving to Real Madrid for what'll no doubt be for world record wages - Ignores the whole Galacticos era of Real Madrid and Barcelona
  • edited November 2022
    Kevin de Bruyne…….what can you say about this guy, one of the greatest players I have ever seen, if not the greatest.
    Came on last night as a late sub, hadn’t been on the pitch more than five minutes when he curled a thirty yard pass, perfectly weighted round the last retreating defender into the path of a Man City forward …..the guy is from another planet I tell ya.
    Can’t help laughing at Chelsea letting him go.
  • Kevin de Bruyne…….what can you say about this guy, one of the greatest players I have ever seen, if not the greatest.
    Came on last night as a late sub, hadn’t been on the pitch more than five minutes when he curled a thirty yard pass, perfectly weighted round the last retreating defender into the path of a Man City forward …..the guy is from another planet I tell ya.
    Can’t help laughing at Chelsea letting him go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmZErWE5c0