Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Major said:
    Major said:
    If that is what he thinks he can do one. I thought we wanted players who wanted to be here...not ones that run us down. 
    What was all that tosh he spouted about a big club on the day he signed us ?
     :D  You are the gift that keeps on giving. Hilarious.
    As I said many on here can't help but form opinions on players and even offer to drive them to a new club. As if they would be brave enough  to...
    They are scathing in the least and often down right rude. I state that this bloke has openly disrespected this club but suddenly when he is in L2 or someone's reserve side in another country Charlton  is the bees knees. 
    I suggest you are the gift that keeps giving. 
    Who ate you to decide what others think about a player and hen insult them if it doesn't  fall in line with your views. 
    Where is the rationality in that ?

🥱🥱🥱🥱💤💤💤
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Chunes said:
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    Major said:
    If that is what he thinks he can do one. I thought we wanted players who wanted to be here...not ones that run us down. 
    Forgive and forget eh! Eight years ago when he was a teenager at Palace 🤣 You ever said anything silly that might come back to haunt you one day?
    I never say things I don’t mean and I never bother with Facebook or Twitter.  Don't  post what isn't a true belief. 
    Neither do I, but that's a generation thing as social media wasn't about when I was in my teens. However, I would have said and done things then that I later regretted when I matured, but luckily for me, they weren't plastered all over SM. 

I can't pretend to understand the thinking of the youth of today as I'm nearly an old age pensioner you know, but I do realize they will make mistakes, as did I.
    Why say it or worse print it if you don't  mean it....this saying it and then apologising after I don't buy. It is synical to say the least. 

That sentence was what he thought...no two ways about it.  
    Mate, he was having a little joke with Karlan his friend.
    When it was pointed out this week, he had a little joke with the Charlton fans.
    Everyone gets it apart from you.
    You might be better off just reading other people's posts instead of posting gibberish and other posts that just make you look silly.
    Of course he was and you know that as a fact
    I thought you were old school. I never took you for an administer of Cancel Culture... Condemning someone for something they said when they were a teenager is quintessential CC behaviour!
     That is the trouble with yoof today when mixed with unsocial media. Plus the standards that were applied when I was growing up.  

I am sure we were not perfect then .  

I haven't  the faintest idea what cancel culture is and nor to I care.  Why is it that if someone disagrees with another person they have to label them in some way.  That is possibly a total bollocks culture if it exists.
    But you just labelled our new player as not wanting to be here and that he should 'do one' for a single bit of banter when he was s teenager. Surely that's total bollocks culture too? 
    You mean like half the people on here will drive Gilbet to his new club and several other players in the past.  Tell me what the difference  is except they didn't  insult the club on line no matter how old they were.  Put it this way . Would you later employ someone  who had run your company  down if they applied for a job.? 
    Christ on a bike. Pleeeeese stop with your utter nonsense 
  • Options
    SHG - addick1956 is a millwall fan who only goes on here to wind us up because he gets some sort of pathetic satisfaction trolling people.   Just ignore him
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Chunes said:
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    Major said:
    Forgive and forget eh! Eight years ago when he was a teenager at Palace 🤣 You ever said anything silly that might come back to haunt you one day?
    I never say things I don’t mean and I never bother with Facebook or Twitter.  Don't  post what isn't a true belief. 
    Neither do I, but that's a generation thing as social media wasn't about when I was in my teens. However, I would have said and done things then that I later regretted when I matured, but luckily for me, they weren't plastered all over SM. 

I can't pretend to understand the thinking of the youth of today as I'm nearly an old age pensioner you know, but I do realize they will make mistakes, as did I.
    Why say it or worse print it if you don't  mean it....this saying it and then apologising after I don't buy. It is synical to say the least. 

That sentence was what he thought...no two ways about it.  
    Mate, he was having a little joke with Karlan his friend.
    When it was pointed out this week, he had a little joke with the Charlton fans.
    Everyone gets it apart from you.
    You might be better off just reading other people's posts instead of posting gibberish and other posts that just make you look silly.
    Of course he was and you know that as a fact
    I thought you were old school. I never took you for an administer of Cancel Culture... Condemning someone for something they said when they were a teenager is quintessential CC behaviour!
     That is the trouble with yoof today when mixed with unsocial media. Plus the standards that were applied when I was growing up.  

I am sure we were not perfect then .  

I haven't  the faintest idea what cancel culture is and nor to I care.  Why is it that if someone disagrees with another person they have to label them in some way.  That is possibly a total bollocks culture if it exists.
    But you just labelled our new player as not wanting to be here and that he should 'do one' for a single bit of banter when he was s teenager. Surely that's total bollocks culture too? 
    You mean like half the people on here will drive Gilbet to his new club and several other players in the past.  Tell me what the difference  is except they didn't  insult the club on line no matter how old they were.  Put it this way . Would you later employ someone  who had run your company  down if they applied for a job.? 
    That's not the same, football is a sport, rivalry makes it what it is.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Major said:
    As I said many on here can't help but form opinions on players and even offer to drive them to a new club. As if they would be brave enough  to...
    They are scathing in the least and often down right rude. I state that this bloke has openly disrespected this club but suddenly when he is in L2 or someone's reserve side in another country Charlton  is the bees knees. 
    Who ate you to decide what others think about a player and hen insult them if it doesn't  fall in line with your views. 
    the point is - he hasn't disrespected the club 
  • Options
    SHG - addick1956 is a millwall fan who only goes on here to wind us up because he gets some sort of pathetic satisfaction trolling people.   Just ignore him
     Complete ly wrong about Millwall . So let me get this right...if you or another makes a comment on something  that is an intellectual comment.  If I say something it is is wrong and has no value and it is OK to comment. 

If I post a comment on another Quote it is insane trolling and winding up by a Millwall fan.

If you or another do it then that is a valid critique. 

OK. I can live with that. 
    @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World - can you sort your mate out please - maybe take him for some Pie and Mash and talk through the correct behaviour of a Millwall supporter on CL, incl the special additional ‘side rules’ which you have to comply with to maintain your status on CL 😉
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Major said:
    Major said:
     You don't  say.....

How ?  He wrote a comment which made fun of a player because  he played at Charlton.  That player moved on to higher things and he has been a floating journey man since his Palace days. 

Do you remember when Danny Murphy made comments about Charlton or when Danny Mills did likewise. Perhaps 5hey were joking to ? 

I don't remember many Charlton fans clapping 👏  and saying "Jolly good joke that Danny. What a hoot".
    Maybe, just maybe you are the only member of the ultra thin skin society on here. Nobody else is losing any sleep. 

We once called Millwall and Palace crap, they're both years/decades ahead of us. Things change. People move on. People become wiser. Some people remain in the past.
  • Options
     Complete ly wrong about Millwall . So let me get this right...if you or another makes a comment on something  that is an intellectual comment.  If I say something it is is wrong and has no value and it is OK to comment. 

If I post a comment on another Quote it is insane trolling and winding up by a Millwall fan.

If you or another do it then that is a valid critique. 

OK. I can live with that. 
    @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World - can you sort your mate out please - maybe take him for some Pie and Mash and talk through the correct behaviour of a Millwall supporter on CL, incl the special additional ‘side rules’ which you have to comply with to maintain your status on CL 😉
    He's one of your own.
    He's one of your ooooown
    addick1956 he's one of your own.

:D 

By the way, the tag was completely unnecessary as I've now had to read all of that drivel  :|
    I see you in a different light now - you have let us down - disappointed - we are now reliant on @MillwallFan to rescue your pride and honour 

You can get back to your pie and mash now 🤮
  • Options
    He was in the Southgate spoons earlier.  I wished him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Apologies if done  on here before,, but one for the oldies amongst us.

But Eggy Eggy Eggy…..
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Major said:
    Major said:
     You don't  say.....

How ?  He wrote a comment which made fun of a player because  he played at Charlton.  That player moved on to higher things and he has been a floating journey man since his Palace days. 

Do you remember when Danny Murphy made comments about Charlton or when Danny Mills did likewise. Perhaps 5hey were joking to ? 

I don't remember many Charlton fans clapping 👏  and saying "Jolly good joke that Danny. What a hoot".
    nope - i'm not getting drawn in - u must be on a wind up, u just can't be this thick 
  • Options
    Good interview 

I hope he shows what he's made of and generates enthusiasm with the rest of the squad.

He will want to deliver accurate timely crosses for stockley to head home.

I can imagine him to be better when playing away from home.
  • Options
    I just can't help but warm to this lad. Seems like a really genuine enthusiastic fella. Obviously has ability too. Am looking forward to seeing him grace The Valley turf. COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a really good fit then with Innis and Claire, already having that playing relationship.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    clive said:
    Of course being in Swindon almost anywhere would be a strong draw to escape, if you can get away from the Magic Roundabout. 
    You know how you just made a joke about Swindon being an awful place? And you know how everyone knows that Swindon, whilst maybe being a little dull, is not actually awful and there are certainly many worse places than Swindon? And you know that making a joke like that won’t get you banned from Swindon or any other Wiltshire towns? And you know how people make jokes like that all the time, like for example, when their mate supports a rival football team, or maybe even plays for a rival team? You know? Like, jokes? And you know how some people, when they realise they’ve misread a situation, hold their hands up and say “Oops! My mistake! Happens to the best of us!”? And you know how everyone laughs for a minute, then moves on and forget about the gaffe? You know?

Just wondering, that’s all.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Of course being in Swindon almost anywhere would be a strong draw to escape, if you can get away from the Magic Roundabout. 
    You know how you just made a joke about Swindon being an awful place? And you know how everyone knows that Swindon, whilst maybe being a little dull, is not actually awful and there are certainly many worse places than Swindon? And you know that making a joke like that won’t get you banned from Swindon or any other Wiltshire towns? And you know how people make jokes like that all the time, like for example, when their mate supports a rival football team, or maybe even plays for a rival team? You know? Like, jokes? And you know how some people, when they realise they’ve misread a situation, hold their hands up and say “Oops! My mistake! Happens to the best of us!”? And you know how everyone laughs for a minute, then moves on and forget about the gaffe? You know?

Just wondering, that’s all.
    Nah he’ll never understand all those words together.
  • Options
    Should be good for the season after next then.

FFS!
  • Options
    Joy!!!! Here we go again with injuries 
  • Options
    Should have got him off straight away at the weekend - not good that he played on for 15/20 mins. Where’s Ben Pur when we need him? Oh. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Should have got him off straight away at the weekend - not good that he played on for 15/20 mins. Where’s Ben Pur when we need him? Oh. 
    In the farmers league?

But agree a left back would be the perfect solution to the right back getting injured.
  • Options
    Didn’t look much good anyway…😉
  • Options
    It doesn't actually say he won't be out for months. That's just being deduced from the words.

Usually a significant knee injury (Grade 2) will be 3 months at the earliest.