Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford City

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    U been to Bradford? The football ground is the nicest bit...
    You obviously haven't 
    Can't be the same place :wink:  ...It was covered in litter every time I've been there...
    Unlike London 🥱
    Stand by my comment, although it was a joke, its the worst place I've been to watching Charlton. Every bit of green was literally covered in litter...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To be honest it's not surprising people think Bradford is a right shit hole.

I know a lot of people that live in the villages, in Bradford, that don't go into the city center because of what it used to be like.  Like Liverpool Bradford was in managed decline for decades. 

It's had loads of investment, no where near what Leeds has had though, but its getting there.
    That probably applies to pretty much any city centre across the country these days.

Most are now just full of cafes, takeaways, betting shops, charity shops and a Wetherspoons.
    There was literally nothing in Bradford City center a few years ago, they knocked it all down and just left it.  For years.

• Options
    Unhappy memories of the Midland Hotel in Bradford 
  • Options
    strange that in all those photos of Bradford there is no one actually there. 
  • Options
    You can’t leave it there !!!

Come on - do tell 
  • Options
    J B Priestley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in Horsham, West Sussex. Even that has it's worse parts, but it is also next to Crawley and that really is a poo hole. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    J B Priestley.
    David Hockney (definitely worth visiting Saltaire and Salts Mill if you’re a fan of his)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm in Horsham, West Sussex. Even that has it's worse parts, but it is also next to Crawley and that really is a poo hole. 
    Close to me. I'm in Hove
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Lots of Bradford, the urban city bit is just awful but strangely the small towns and villages that make up the Bradford postcode are really very nice. 
  • Options
    Decent away support as well 

• Options
    To be fair, at £198 for a season ticket, i'm not surprised. Less than 9 quid a game is brilliant value. 
    exactly what we should've done this season....new manager etc have a real crack and give him the best backing possible
  • Options
    Don’t worry Henry that happens to all men at some point so I’m told.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    To be fair, at £198 for a season ticket, i'm not surprised. Less than 9 quid a game is brilliant value. 
    exactly what we should've done this season....new manager etc have a real crack and give him the best backing possible
    Steering back to the original thread topic, perhaps Mr Sandgaard should speak to the Bradford ticketing team if he won’t engage with Varney or Airman. 

P.S. this isn’t a one-off for Bradford, they do it every year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Could say the same about Charlton couldn’t you?
    Always makes me laugh when we play at Craven Cottage and some of our fans sing ‘Fulham’s a shithole’. Same applied when we played at Cheltenham.
    Our best chant at Fulham was ‘Dies your butler know you’re here’ - always cracked me up 
  • Options
    anyone who slags off another town/city/county, should first declare where they live
    I'm over with the nobs in West Wickham.
  • Options
    Thats made me laugh Henry!
  • Options
    Well done the Bantams! Good luck to them. 
  • Options
    2 points as the thread seems to be about both season tickets for Bradford City and the city of Bradford itself and its environs:

1. That is really quite an incredible sales figure for season tickets!!! 14,000+! In the fourth tier!! Good for them. 
    2. Quaint Saltaire photos of empty streets and  grandiose municipal buildings aren't what most people would immediately think of first when someone says "what is the first thing you think of when you think of Bradford the place? 

I think MOST people would think of a very large Asian, principally Pakistani population that makes up anything from 26% of the local population to 56% of the local population.  Particularly people that have never been there would think this. 

As for what one thinks of when someone says what do you think of Bradford' City FC? Again...MOST (over 50s perhaps) would think of the fire tragedy in the 1980s. 
  • Options
    Youngest city in Europe - 29% under 20.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    anyone who slags off another town/city/county, should first declare where they live
    I'm over with the nobs in West Wickham.
    You in Bethlem Royal or out on day release ?  :)
  • Options
    Bradford have had cheap tickets for a few years now, but the larger crowds haven't generated on field success