Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford City

Sold over 14000 season tickets in league two😳

Comments

• Surely one of the largest city size to football team placement disparities in England tbf
  • My local team and they always do well with tickets, despite competing with Leeds and a lot of local kids supporting Liverpool and City. Easy to get to on public transport (city centre and right next to the train station). They remind me of us years ago, as in, a lot of people will go to watch them as their second team. 

Just hope they can kick on up the leagues.  They’ve also had their ownership problems in recent years. 
  • The absolute definition of a sleeping giant in football. Stadium holds over 25k, has enough room and scope to redevelop it into a much larger stadium too, has a big, loyal fan base. If I was a mega rich man with money to spunk up the wall it would be one of the first clubs I would look into purchasing 
  • Leuth said:
    Surely one of the largest city size to football team placement disparities in England tbf
    The city itself is quite small.  A lot of the metropolitan area, which is much bigger, doesn't consider itself "Bradford", especially the rural areas.

Bradford City are a massive club compared to half of league 1, and a small club compared to the other half, it is surprising how much of their recent history has been on the 4th tier.  When Parky got them going a few years ago the city was buzzing.  

Local feeling is this could be their year, although to be fair it is most years.
  • Redhenry said:
    U been to Bradford? The football ground is the nicest bit...
    next city of culture .. Bradford C are the bookie's favs, in a tight market, to win L2 next season
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Surely one of the largest city size to football team placement disparities in England tbf
    The city itself is quite small.  A lot of the metropolitan area, which is much bigger, doesn't consider itself "Bradford", especially the rural areas.

Bradford City are a massive club compared to half of league 1, and a small club compared to the other half, it is surprising how much of their recent history has been on the 4th tier.  When Parky got them going a few years ago the city was buzzing.  

Local feeling is this could be their year, although to be fair it is most years.
    I live in Ilkley and technically it’s a Bradford ward and falls under Bradford council, despite being on the border of the Dales with a Leeds postcode. Only 30 minutes on the train though and I also work in Bradford, so easy to get to for a lot of people in surrounding areas.

There’s investment coming into the city via the Culture bid but also other government grants. It’s a sleeping giant as a city, not just the football club. 
  • Be honest though CAFC43V3R, how many of those pictures are Saltaire 
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

I live in Ilkley and technically it’s a Bradford ward and falls under Bradford council, despite being on the border of the Dales with a Leeds postcode. Only 30 minutes on the train though and I also work in Bradford, so easy to get to for a lot of people in surrounding areas.

There’s investment coming into the city via the Culture bid but also other government grants. It’s a sleeping giant as a city, not just the football club. 
    I live much nearer the city but it takes longer to get to because there is no train.  Its easier for me to get to Leeds, where I work.  It's a strange place for identify.  I can see the boundary for Kirklees and Leeds from the end of my road.

Without the transport getting sorted the investment isn't that useful.  The Leeds-Bradford-Manchester rail link would make a world of difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Be honest though CAFC43V3R, how many of those pictures are Saltaire 
    Just the first two. Bottom one is city centre
  • Redhenry said:
    Could say the same about Charlton couldn’t you?
  • Leuth said:
    2, but Saltaire is in Bradford is it not?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    It is, but it's also quite the tourism brochure cheat-code ;)

*pictures of Crystal Palace Park* Welcome to Croydon!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    You obviously haven't 
    Can't be the same place :wink:  ...It was covered in litter every time I've been there...
  • Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

The bottom picture is a stones throw away from the ground.  Literally the city center.
  • Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    You obviously haven't 
    Can't be the same place :wink:  ...It was covered in litter every time I've been there...
    Unlike London 🥱
  • Both in Charlton
  • FYI Saltaire is only 3 miles from the city centre and is very much Bradford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And if we're going up to 3 miles away from Charlton then you can add a few pics of Greenwich and Blackheath in there 
  • sam3110 said:
    And if we're going up to 3 miles away from Charlton then you can add a few pics of Greenwich and Blackheath in there 
    Which is fine. Charlton is in Greenwich. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    You obviously haven't 
    The second to last pic isnt Bradford... ;) - Its bloomin' nine miles away from there
  • anyone who slags off another town/city/county, should first declare where they live
  • To be honest it's not surprising people think Bradford is a right shit hole.

I know a lot of people that live in the villages, in Bradford, that don't go into the city center because of what it used to be like.  Like Liverpool Bradford was in managed decline for decades. 

It's had loads of investment, no where near what Leeds has had though, but its getting there.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

The bottom picture is a stones throw away from the ground.  Literally the city center.
    No I know, I was only referring to the Saltaire pics! And having a bit of fun. Relax, it is genuinely on my list of places to visit 
  • anyone who slags off another town/city/county, should first declare where they live
    Bollocks... I'm in Strood so better scarper :D

To be fair my address does say Rochester which has a lovely Castle / Cathedral

I just happen to be the wrong side of the river
    Bollocks... I'm in Strood so better scarper :D

To be fair my address does say Rochester which has a lovely Castle / Cathedral

I just happen to be the wrong side of the river
    If you get one letter wrong, you're in Stroud, which, I mean... 
  • My nephew is a copper in Bradford, trust me its a shit hole.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    To be honest it's not surprising people think Bradford is a right shit hole.

I know a lot of people that live in the villages, in Bradford, that don't go into the city center because of what it used to be like.  Like Liverpool Bradford was in managed decline for decades. 

It's had loads of investment, no where near what Leeds has had though, but its getting there.
    That probably applies to pretty much any city centre across the country these days.

Most are now just full of cafes, takeaways, betting shops, charity shops and a Wetherspoons.