Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Never Mess With A Boxer!

Comments

• Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Used to go in Gordon’s Gym in Herbert Road, Plumstead when I was about 17/18 and Francis used to train in there. He was a proper nice fella with hands about as big as my head. Wouldn’t fancy being in the way of one of those. 

If you’re going to act like that you deserve everything you get, telling people you hope they have a heart attack.
    No you don’t. 
    On one side it is words, the other is violence. There is no comparison and the response needs to be appropriate. Saying something really really horrible isn’t an excuse for kicking the shit out of someone.

So I do think the force used was over the top and I think he will be done.

That said, he is employed to protect customers and staff. 

I have to add however, that if my son was in the area and a twat like that dancing about looking to punch someone I would be grateful if someone put his lights out before he attacked him or one of his friends.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Used to go in Gordon’s Gym in Herbert Road, Plumstead when I was about 17/18 and Francis used to train in there. He was a proper nice fella with hands about as big as my head. Wouldn’t fancy being in the way of one of those. 

If you’re going to act like that you deserve everything you get, telling people you hope they have a heart attack.
    No you don’t. 
    On one side it is words, the other is violence. There is no comparison and the response needs to be appropriate. Saying something really really horrible isn’t an excuse for kicking the shit out of someone.

I have to add however, that if my son was in the area and a twat like that dancing about looking to punch someone I would be grateful if someone put his lights out before he attacked him or one of his friends.
    He wasn't just "saying something horrible" though was he? He was throwing punches and pushes and shoving. If that fella had been a little bigger he would have been a lot more aggressive too. 
  • Options
    I didn't see anyone "kicking the shit out of someone".
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Plaaayer said:

No you don’t. 

He wasn't just "saying something horrible" though was he? He was throwing punches and pushes and shoving. If that fella had been a little bigger he would have been a lot more aggressive too. 
    I was responding to the comment that saying that he hoped he had a heart attack justified an attack.
  • Options
    My first thought was that if Julius had thrown a few more punches like that in his pro career then he wouldn’t have ended up working in the East End Boxpark.
    I'd say most of his opponents were a bit sharper than that tool... But considering how padded his record was, most of them would probably get parked up by the bloke he knocked out... 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Had to think a bit about this.
    No doubt whatsoever, the wanker deserved exactly what he got…….however, no doubt the courts will say otherwise……despite quite possibly agreeing with my sentiments.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Watched this a few times. Can't help but feel it's a sucker punch. 
    I don’t know about that Dazzler.
    Isn’t a sucker punch where someone is whacked completely out of the blue not expecting it in the slightest.
    However, in this instance he might well (or should have reasonably expected) from the actions he was taking for some kind of retaliation.
    The fact that he didn’t see it coming was because it was a peach of a punch, delivered at considerable speed by an ex pro with very little back lift……for want of a better term.
    So in my view, it wasn’t what could be called a sucker punch. One thing for sure though, is that he won’t be calling Francis “a fat c***”  again any time soon. 🥴🥊
    Exactly, a sucker punch would've been if he came from the side or behind and whacked him. The guy was facing Francis and had his arm raised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have always considered that (some)bouncers consider their job a good way of having a row and getting away with charges brought upon them.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    So, has social media ID'ed the guys who were being thrown out and one who got knocked out yet?

Usually, someone has found their Facebook page in minutes.

Expect to see them on some channel five celebrity show in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Lovely stuff. 
    Really? Not ugly and unwanted?
  • Options
    If this does go to court, not sure by which method it will be decided, but wouldn’t a major consideration be about setting a precedent?
    Looking at the film the troublemaker needed calming and removing, well he was calmed for sure and maybe no other method was possible, but other incidents that are not caught on camera might prove problematic, and the ‘boxers’ in other incidents might claim all sorts when really they go OTT.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If this does go to court, not sure by which method it will be decided, but wouldn’t a major consideration be about setting a precedent?
    Looking at the film the troublemaker needed calming and removing, well he was calmed for sure and maybe no other method was possible, but other incidents that are not caught on camera might prove problematic, and the ‘boxers’ in other incidents might claim all sorts when really they go OTT.
    If that's calm then i'd love to see someone who you consider to be aggressive. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think he means once he was in the recovery position...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think he means he became calm.......ie when he went night nights.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I didn’t mean the punch was a calming method, more that it had a ‘calming’ effect.
    When I learned to ride a motorbike the training guys at Tunnel Avenue had some wise words, they said it’s easy and anybody can rocket along at 70mph, the real skill would be to drive through London from Greenwich to Hampstead without ever putting your foot down on the ground.
  • Options
    Lovely stuff. 
    Yes, really.  Don't give it unless you're prepared for the consequences. 

Hopefully the recipient has learned a good life lesson there and will amend his ways and not carry on like that herein.
    Yeah, that’ll teach him, law of the streets and all that! Really?! 

Would also point out that, after he put the bloke on the floor, the bouncer walked away apparently unconcerned that he had inflicted a potentially serious injury on another person.

Just because someone is being obnoxious and aggressive it doesn’t necessarily mean they should be dealt a life threatening blow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely stuff. 
    Yes, really.  Don't give it unless you're prepared for the consequences. 

Hopefully the recipient has learned a good life lesson there and will amend his ways and not carry on like that herein.
    Yeah, that’ll teach him, law of the streets and all that! Really?! 

Would also point out that, after he put the bloke on the floor, the bouncer walked away apparently unconcerned that he had inflicted a potentially serious injury on another person.

Just because someone is being obnoxious and aggressive it doesn’t necessarily mean they should be dealt a life threatening blow.
    OK.
  • Options
    If this case results in a prosecution and I end up on the jury there's no way I'll find Francis guilty. The dickhead got exactly what he deserved. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Never understood why there are so many aggro nobheads in this country. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Plaaayer said:

No you don’t. 

I was responding to the comment that saying that he hoped he had a heart attack justified an attack.
    Yes, sorry for the slight confusion. Although you did go on to say the force used was over the top and referenced kicking the shit out of someone. For most people, the force was barely anything, just the one punch. This is slightly complicated because it was by an ex boxer who can obviously do a lot more damage than the average man. 

It's a tough argument legally. Francis was acting as a bouncer and did walk away from the premises so I'd certainly argue he was no longer doing the job he was being paid to do, i.e. act as security for the premises. Provocation is only a partial defence for common assault, especially when they're not physically attacked themselves. So I'd guess it will come down to what people believe the 'victim' was about to do to Francis. Personally I don't think he put his hands up to attack him, it looked like he was about to point his finger at him and carrying on a verbal assault. Of course that doesn't mean a physical attack wasn't forthcoming. 

Morally, he certainly got what he deserved. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I'll say this, a lot more people than I ever remember now behave like things such as getting a right hander will never happen to them. Happens all the time, I know social media can be a bit of a cesspool however society has gone like this too. 

I hope the bloke doesn't have brain damage however if that's the first time he has been starched I'll be surprised and it should have taught him a life lesson if it was. 

We were talking not long ago about how much bullshit frontline workers are expected to swallow and I'm not just talking about police, supermarket workers are regularly given abuse from chinless wankers who feel invincible. 
    I think it's a consequence of social media and giving ppl the ability to spout off to all and sundry without consequence.

If they replicate this in the real world to the wrong real person (as in this case) - they may just get a physical consequence that they weren't expecting.

I hope the bloke is OK and learns from it.......but I have absolutely no problem with him taking a dig fro the security in this instance.

I would also say that if the bloke had spouted off to a group of the wrong real life people (not security trained) - then the consequences could have been much worse as I doubt that the same one punch restraint would have been shown.
  • Options
    Guarantee you that the nob that got sparked out has a record of violence. Probably against smaller people, women or when he was in a group.

too many dickheads like that about