Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smart Meter

124»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Well, about six months ago we had over 15 months of statements adjusted as the smart meter readings were incorrect resulting in us owing 600 odd quid so yeah, I can see plenty of downside and absolutely zero benefit for us. 

I can't see any difference whether it was down to a faulty pre smart meter or a smart meter.
    Any meter can develop faults and I've not heard anyone else complain (quite rightly) of this.
  • Options
    Were I to have a smart meter it wouldn’t make the slightest difference to my usage…….I’d still use the same amount.
    Why do I need to know…..I’ll still have to pay the same and not go through the agg of having it fitted, I wouldn’t bother looking at it from one day to the next.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Derek1952 said:
    Just had an email from my energy company(edf) telling me to book an appointment for a smart meter to be installed.It was written in such a way that it is compulsory to have one.As they are not mandatory
    has any one else had a similar request.I told them I did not want one

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Just had an email from my energy company(edf) telling me to book an appointment for a smart meter to be installed.It was written in such a way that it is compulsory to have one.As they are not mandatory
    has any one else had a similar request.I told them I did not want one

I got one saying ours needed replacement, which as we don’t have one wasn’t a problem so I ignored it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Well, about six months ago we had over 15 months of statements adjusted as the smart meter readings were incorrect resulting in us owing 600 odd quid so yeah, I can see plenty of downside and absolutely zero benefit for us. 

I can't see any difference whether it was down to a faulty pre smart meter or a smart meter.
    Any meter can develop faults and I've not heard anyone else complain (quite rightly) of this.
    I read the following on Smart Meters - maybe this was the problem?@T_C_E

The first generation of smart meters, SMETS1s, relied on wi-fi to operate. This caused a problem for households with poor internet coverage. Thankfully, this has been fixed and the latest SMETS2 version uses a different data network so isn’t reliant on wi-fi or an internet connection. This means that even if you have a weak internet connection, you can still get a smart meter.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    MrOneLung said:

I read the following on Smart Meters - maybe this was the problem?@T_C_E

The first generation of smart meters, SMETS1s, relied on wi-fi to operate. This caused a problem for households with poor internet coverage. Thankfully, this has been fixed and the latest SMETS2 version uses a different data network so isn’t reliant on wi-fi or an internet connection. This means that even if you have a weak internet connection, you can still get a smart meter.
    Whooopeeedoooo! 🫤