Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    Upside-down?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    PopIcon said:
    SDAddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    So this shouldn't happen, but also, don't wash your football shirts on hot. It's a cold wash, whatever that means in Celsius. 
    30 is considered a cold wash.
    Wait, really? 86F is considered cold? I feel like here it's like 65F/15C.

Update: Did some research, a "Cold" wash in the States is between 60F-80F, which seems like a pretty broad range. So yeah, 30 would be at the top end of that, but not outside of it completely.

I retract my previous statement, but also, still recommend washing football shirts (as well as other graphic shirts or shirts with prominent logos) on the coldest possible setting. Maybe do a medium spin instead of the highest possible spin. You'll thank me in 3-4 washes when the logo, not the badge, starts to fall off. 

Also, for the record, Castore has put out some poor quality items, like I'm not on their side in this.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    SDAddick said:
    PopIcon said:
    SDAddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    So this shouldn't happen, but also, don't wash your football shirts on hot. It's a cold wash, whatever that means in Celsius. 
    30 is considered a cold wash.
    Wait, really? 86F is considered cold? I feel like here it's like 65F/15C.

Update: Did some research, a "Cold" wash in the States is between 60F-80F, which seems like a pretty broad range. So yeah, 30 would be at the top end of that, but not outside of it completely.

I retract my previous statement, but also, still recommend washing football shirts (as well as other graphic shirts or shirts with prominent logos) on the coldest possible setting. Maybe do a medium spin instead of the highest possible spin. You'll thank me in 3-4 washes when the logo, not the badge, starts to fall off. 

Also, for the record, Castore has put out some poor quality items, like I'm not on their side in this.
    Thanks, but all this information is surplus to requirements. My staff deal with all such matters, and I dont care what method is employed to achieve it, they could beat it with rocks in my lake as far as I am concerned. My only stipulation is that my Balmer 1 shirt is returned to me in pristine condition with no eggy down the front.
  • Options
    If you’ve got a kid who’s been running about sweating like a pig in a football shirt all day washing it at a cold temperature may keep the club badge on but the beef and onion armpit smell still clinging to the shirt becomes an issue .

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Personally, I’m not too worried about the look of the shirt. I’m more worried who is wearing them. 
  • Options
    I know we're what 2 years into a 4 year deal but I just don't want to take the risk with paying full price for anything Castore make. Had enough horror stories from other teams and other sports they're involved in to put me off. 

Will be interesting to see if the new owners renegotiate this and look to go elsewhere. 
  • Options
    upside down skills
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    upside down skills
    It'll be fine if they do their preseason down here!
  • Options
    May have missed it but any news about the away?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    upside down skills
    It'll be fine if they do their preseason down here!
    Not for you, sideways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I know we're what 2 years into a 4 year deal but I just don't want to take the risk with paying full price for anything Castore make. Had enough horror stories from other teams and other sports they're involved in to put me off. 

Will be interesting to see if the new owners renegotiate this and look to go elsewhere. 

I have always liked what Adidas have produced.  From the past Le Coq Sportif were not bad either.
  • Options
    Anyone with the new shirt. Does it have a proper folded over collar or is it printed to look like that?
  • Options
    jams said:
    Commentators on CATV yesterday said that we can expect to see the announcement this coming week. Perhaps the players will wear it against Orient on Friday?
  • Options
    jams said:
    Commentators on CATV yesterday said that we can expect to see the announcement this coming week. Perhaps the players will wear it against Orient on Friday?
    Are we still playing Orient?
    I thought it was cancelled as we play them first game of the season.
  • Options
    Way things are going clubs will unveil a new kit for games up to Christmas and another for games after.
  • Options

Napoli had lots of shirts last year, 13 the year before.

Made by Armani at €125 a shirt.
  • Options
    Blackburn with one of the worst sponsor logos ever. They'd have been better off for going for a more left field design to match the logo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcbrown said:
    New Barnsley kit. 
    Are the stars a bit lower in the strippers version?
    I actually thought this was a silly mock up.. can you imagine rocking up in this..🤣🤣
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Blackburn with one of the worst sponsor logos ever. They'd have been better off for going for a more left field design to match the logo
    Can't promote gambling from next season but can promote vaping... Whilst one is more harmful £££ wise. One is also an addiction but health implications. 
  • Options
    Went down there yesterday

they’ve got the home top, shorts and socks in kids and adult
    the black goalie top in adult , socks in adult (didn’t look for shorts) nowt in kids 

away top they’ve not heard anything official 

bought a packet of Charlton playing cards (52 jokers) 
    and an iPhone 12 Charlton case (will fall apart and not work for most of the year )

as well as some tops , shorts and socks for the kids 
  • Options

Napoli had lots of shirts last year, 13 the year before.

Made by Armani at €125 a shirt.
    Had to google it as i couldn't believe it..........but here they are.

4 shirts for Serie A. 
    4 shirts modified for Europe (not sure why but i guess a sponsor thing looking at them)
    4 Maradona tribute shirts.
    1 halloween special kit

And this of course doesn't include the goalie kits either.
  • Options
    Fair play to Brentford in amongst the current world of teams releasing umpteen kits every year.

"Brentford have unveiled their new home kit, which will again be worn for two seasons.

The kit, which will be worn for both the 2023-24 and 2024-25 seasons, incorporates the club’s 'bee sting' graphic with a red to black fade, that also features on the shorts.

Chief executive Jon Varney said: "We are proud to have collaborated with Umbro in designing this bold but traditional kit. The two-year cycle not only ensures affordability for our fans but also aligns with our commitment to reducing waste and promoting a greener future for the next generation of Bees fans."

Complete with gambling sponsor while Ivan Toney serves his ban. 
  • Options
    Is the long-sleeved version only available in store? I can't see the option on the website.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Desperate to be relevant 

Why is it EVERY pigeon kit, no matter how shit, makes me physically sick?