Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're all off to sunny Spain

Comments

• Options
    I hope they have taken out cancellation insurance on the room bookings, assuming they have booked for more people than our current signed up squad!
    Probably not as if we've signed no new players then the squad will be made of current players from the U23s squad as mentioned in the statement.
  • Options
    I’ll be in Spain for the whole of October so hopefully they wont sign the players and book a place at the summer camp until then. See you there. Ola!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Best cancel my flight to Portugal 🇵🇹  then.
    Garner speaks Spanish...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This announcement suggests we're further along in our manager selection than meets the eye. 
    I rescind this statement. 

I don't think we even have a preferred candidate yet. 
  • Options
    It was originally meant to be in Portugal but swapped to Spain a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure why tbh
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It was originally meant to be in Portugal but swapped to Spain a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure why tbh
    Our new manager is clearly Spanish

Welcome to The Valley Pep
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This announcement suggests we're further along in our manager selection than meets the eye. 
    You're making a very broad assumption that the manager has much of a say in things like this, next you'll be suggesting they sign the players  :D
  • Options
    I think I know how this is going to end.

The new manager's expired passport is in the queue at the Passport Office for renewal and the new Club Secretary has failed to do his nanny job and make sure the players even have passports.  Fortunately, Martin Sandgaard's passport still has a year to run and he will lead training in Spain for the four first teamers and two U18s who are able to attend.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Our new manager is clearly Spanish
    Mikel Alonso is making a return
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so who will be at this camp team bonding. sandaagard should cancel it and put the money into player wages. that way we might get a decent player in.
  • Options
    Anyone know where in Spain is the training camp is , 
    I might check it out as I'm over there then ?
  • Options
    Hassle getting into the venues before, do your homework.
  • Options
    As a season ticket holder just waiting to find out when I can take 3 friends for nothing, queuing at Gatwick already 
  • Options
    As a season ticket holder just waiting to find out when I can take 3 friends for nothing, queuing at Gatwick already 

Not sure of your age Rock Spectacle but if you and your 3 friends take your boots you should be able to make up the number. The big lump in your party will be needed at CB as Clare, Inniss and Lavelle might not make it.
  • Options
    La Manga is a possibility. The have great training facilities there.
  • Options
    Are there any games that we can watch, or is it just training?
  • Options
    According to my understanding of what Mr Sandgaard said in the new manager interview, new signings are likely to be just before the end of the transfer window. I think he said the Spain venture will be with current first team remainders plus youth players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rumour on Twitter that the trip to Spain is cancelled.
     Would not be surprised. Personally think it's a bit of a waste of time if half of the squad won't be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An indication all is not well. No point having a plan and not being competent enough to deliver it.

• Options
    An indication all is not well. No point having a plan and not being competent enough to deliver it.

Maybe but it’s from a random fan rather than a reliable source.

Only 22 signings made across the league. Haven’t checked but that may include a few u23 signings. Market is still quiet at our level.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0
  • Options

Panic over. The sausage has spoken.

All Hail the Sausage!!!
  • Options
    Guttted, bought flights, match tickets everything!
  • Options
    Anyone seen any updates from Derek McInnes on this? 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Anyone seen any updates from Derek McInnes on this? 
    I’ve no idea, but what does Shay Given think about it?
  • Options
    Grown men with too much free time it looks to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think Dean had enough of Babestation and thought it was a great idea to tweet that 

I think you are correct and now Dean is sleeping it off after losing energy !

Problem is some on here will run with it but unless its reported from posters with a good track record of having contacts then its just attention seeking.

If buttleJR says it's kosher then that would be different.
  • Options

Spain mentioned by the club so perhaps not.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62ac41a013877/fans-forum-player-recruitment-ben-garner-and-pre-season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!