Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're all off to sunny Spain

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Ps @Ollywozere never film in portrait! 🤣 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

PRE-SEASON LIVE | Behind the scenes from Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHAAQP2xYAs

PS this isn't actually live anymore, it's the recording from a few hours ago.
     Seth will be livid that this is described as live when it is no longer being shown live.
    May or may not be the reason I added that extra detail below the video player...
  • Options
    You would've had to be on your toes to see it live anyway.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    why do teams go to Spain pre season where it is rather hot, why not have an away week in UK
    Er, Because it is hot 

just like in winter no one goes for a mid season break in Norway - they go to Dubai or similar 
    Also to keep the cost of football tickets ridiculously high & wages low for non football staff.

It may be seen as beneficial but contributes to the economic madness of Football outside the PL.
    Have you been away in this country ? 

I would guess the cost is pretty similar or even cheaper than going to a hotel here with similar facilities 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    why do teams go to Spain pre season where it is rather hot, why not have an away week in UK
    Er, Because it is hot 

just like in winter no one goes for a mid season break in Norway - they go to Dubai or similar 
    Also to keep the cost of football tickets ridiculously high & wages low for non football staff.

It may be seen as beneficial but contributes to the economic madness of Football outside the PL.

I would guess the cost is pretty similar or even cheaper than going to a hotel here with similar facilities 
    Fair point. But you get my drift when it coincides with seemingly cost cutting on the non playing side.

The finances of football are broken with payers getting ever more & being 'treated' and non football staff & supporters much much less.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Er, Because it is hot 

Fair point. But you get my drift when it coincides with seemingly cost cutting on the non playing side.

The finances of football are broken with payers getting ever more & being 'treated' and non football staff & supporters much much less.
    You think the fans and non football staff should have had a jolly in Spain instead?
  • Options
    This may be completely in my head, and is proof of absolutely nothing. But it does feel that quiet a lot of screen time in much of the social media coming out from this trip has been given to Charlie Kirk, and not much to Alex Gilbey.

Therefore my prediction is Kirk will stay, and that the Gilbey rumour is true. 
  • Options
    The video footage has left me quite surprised about one topic - how many of our players still use awful wired tinny earphones that look like they came with the phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    The video footage has left me quite surprised about one topic - how many of our players still use awful wired tinny earphones that look like they came with the phone.
    They most probably prefer them to wireless ones as they get lost easily.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    mendonca said:
    They most probably prefer them to wireless ones as they get lost easily.
    Probably lost to footballer's banter!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Er, Because it is hot 

You think the fans and non football staff should have had a jolly in Spain instead?
    After all we’ve been through, yes 😩
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Live chat / q&a with Jayden Stockley on Twitter at 7:30pm U.K. time.
  • Options
    Asking for a, umm, friend what about those not on twitter........
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Unfortunately no plans that I've heard of to launch a Charlton social media network platform that can support such a session.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Nice to have my point proved by a liar.
    Not you Callum.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I suspect you will find that those not on twitter are regarded with contempt.
    Your not missing anything fellas... Just endless angry people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those not on twitter, just view Twitter as a Web page that you click to watch/play the content. 

The mention of Twitter does not mean you need to spend the next 4 hours building your dictionary of abuse.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I suspect you will find that those not on twitter are regarded with contempt.
    Your not missing anything fellas... Just endless angry people
    But but but, the excluded are missing the exclusive question and answer session with Jayden Stockley!

I expect Jayden Stockley the interviewer and the participants will be part of an endless line of angry people if you're correct.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'm very shocked that AMB appears to be frozen out...
    Did think there was more to this at the time...
  • Options
    Sounds like the lads are having a great time out there - Nice that you had half of them listening in the background, and not taking any of it seriously 
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Shame the discussion about Brexit was cut right at the end. 

Stockley was good and insightful on how this wasn't the usual 10k slotgs but a more gradual build up with lots of ball work and trying to impress the new boss in passing drills.
  • Options
    Who moaned earlier about the players going to Spain? Listen to that and why they dont go Skegness cos its cheaper.
  • Options
    Lavelle seems a character!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mendonca said:
    Lavelle seems a character!
    Feel like he could really come out of his shell and be a proper leader for this club. Those twitter interviews are fantastic @ollywozere really hope theres more to come. Be interesting to hear from one of the new guys and how they’ve taken to the squad.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!