Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Biggest Rivals Poll (Top 5)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    To busy getting pissed to get through the 90 minutes of turgid football each week to have any real rivals.

Special mention to Palace though - what a strange breed they are
  • Options
    Millwall
    Palace
    Gillingham
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
  • Options
    Millwall
    Palace
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    AC Milan
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Millwall
    Palace
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    AC Milan
    surely Inter Milan after that joke of a partnership we were meant to have with them 
  • Options
    1. Palace 
    2 Millwall

• Options
    1st Millwall
    2nd Crystal Palace 
    3rd Gillingham (only because we now have to play them)
    4th West Ham (not that we'll play them in the league for another 20 years)
    5th Sunderland (played eachother a lot recently and the 2 playoff games at Wembley help make it have more of an edge IMO)
  • Options
    Palace
    Millwall
    Wimbledon
    Gillingham
    Brentford
  • Options
    Millwall
    Palace
    Portsmouth
    Southampton
    West Ham
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    It's a sad indictment of our currently lowly status that this thread has been running for over an hour, and no Palace fans have come on here to desperately plead that they don't care about us or consider us a rival.

It used to be that, if someone started a thread of this nature, you could absolutely rely on Matthimself or one of the other weird Palace fans to take the afternoon off work and spend the rest of the day on a Charlton message board, repeatedly telling us that they only care about Brighton and Millwall.

Their silence suggests that they might now have reached the point where they actually, genuinely don't care. 

How much longer will this hell continue?!
    The Palace/Charlton dynamic has reached a status that I used to dream about, in reverse.
    In fact how it was for most of the first 60 odd years of their sorry existence until they suddenly appeared like an annoying brat in 1965.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    MrLargo said:
    It's a sad indictment of our currently lowly status that this thread has been running for over an hour, and no Palace fans have come on here to desperately plead that they don't care about us or consider us a rival.

It used to be that, if someone started a thread of this nature, you could absolutely rely on Matthimself or one of the other weird Palace fans to take the afternoon off work and spend the rest of the day on a Charlton message board, repeatedly telling us that they only care about Brighton and Millwall.

Their silence suggests that they might now have reached the point where they actually, genuinely don't care. 

How much longer will this hell continue?!
    I really struggled with this because I don't like the idea of having rivals that are consistently in divisions above us. For one it isn't very interesting and for two it smacks of desperation. I ended up including Gillingham as the nearest team we play with any regularity. Not that it matters to me; I only know one Gills fan and she doesn't go to football as she's too large to leave the house (really). Here goes:

1. Millwall (scum)
    2. Palace (wankers)
    3. West Ham (not really a Charlton thing, but too many of them in my neck of the woods)
    4. Gillingham (sadly, the nearest team that we seem to play with any regularity)
    5. Chelsea (rivals for our academy players)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Millwall are such a pointless club. The Barnsley of London. Crappy ground, shite crowds, never won anything, spent about five minutes in the top tier and the supporters are peasants.

Actually, they're worse than Barnsley as at least they've won the FA Cup.
    I don't consider them rivals, they are a nothing club.
    Barnsley were runners up in the FA Cup in 1909/10 and won it 1911/12 so quite similar to us then.
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to put Sunderland down at no. 5, even though it's a friendly rivalry
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Millwall
    Gillingham
    Bromley
    Welling
    Dartford

Only London and Kent rivalry, Surrey doesn't count.
  • Options
    Millwall
    Palace
    Gills
    Wet Spam 
    Sunderland (Only because its nice to have a team we usually beat on the list! I actually like Sunderland and their fans) 
  • Options
    How can you have a third biggest rival. There’s two tops. Millwall and Palace
  • Options
    It's "seeing as" not "seen as". Thought you'd like to know  ;)

Palace
    Millwall
    Bar these
    1. Palace
    2. Millwall
    3. Pedants
  • Options
    Rivals isn’t the same as ‘teams you hate’ but I’ll go with teams I hate as it’s more fun. 

1. Millwall
    2. Palace
    3. Man Utd
    4. Chelsea
    5. Real Madrid
  • Options
    1st  our owner
    2nd. Keohane
    3rd. that other forum we can’t mention
    4th. Millwall
    5th. Palace
  • Options
    1 - Millwall
    2 - Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Millwall
    2. Palace
    3. West Ham
    4. Gillingham 
    5. No idea (Wimbledon, Sheff Wed, Sunderland...)
  • Options
    1. Millwall
    2. Palace
    3. Gillingham
    4. West Ham
    5. Wimbledon

Its only really 1 & 2 though 
  • Options
    A bit strange cos the teams I really hate aren't necessarily rivals.

Rivals:
    1. Millwall
    After that there's always stuff with Gillingham, Sheff W in recent years.
    Palace was a one-sided rivalry we invented, after 2005 they finally reciprocated but I doubt they give us a second thought now. If we ever play them again then yes it would still have an edge. Their ridiculous 'Ultra' bullshit feeds into this too. Couldn't give a shit about them personally.

Personal hatred:
    1. Chelsea. Wanker fans, corrupt owner, seriously fucked us over in 2004 for which we've never recovered. John Terry. Archetypal middle Class Plastic fans pouring in from Surrey. Cheats. Refs in pocket etc etc (I should let go...)
    2. Arsenal. Plastic fans, plastic stadium, pathetic support, superiority complex, Wenger, classless, cheats, refs ALWAYS biased.
    3. Sheffield Weds/United. Yorkshire in-breds with delusions of grandeur often looking to kick-off.
    4. Leeds as above.
    5. West Ham Utd. Urgh. Staying up illegally the season we went down, their fans, fellas from Essex pretending to be old school East End, the Stadium we all paid for...

• Options
    My list of teams I dislike immensely:

1 Millwall
    2 Palace
    3 Chelsea
    4 Leeds
    5 West Ham
  • Options
    Palace
    Millwall
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Watford (never liked them)
  • Options

Palace
    Millwall
    Bar these
    You’ve just gone into my top 5 CL rivals list.  
  • Options

Palace
    Millwall
    Bar these
    Careful. Putin will be along in a bit to de-grammar nazify CL. Not just yet, mind, he's a bit busy.

• Options
    Palarse 
    Forest Green Rovers
    Cheltenham 
    Swindon
    Bristol City
    Bristol Rovers

• Options
    1st Millwall
    2nd Palaarse

That’s it 
  • Options