Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    VAR will be in place for all three play-off finals.
    Hate this, was really hoping the EFL would never have it but can see it being introduced in the championship in the near future. Celebrating a goal is the best part of watching live football and VAR takes away from this, to still not even have the correct decision sometimes so is it worth it? As usual the fans at the ground are listened to the least when these things are decided 
  • Options
    This is not the thread to discuss the pros and cons of VAR but to chuck it in for the last game of a 49 game season is absurd.

Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!
  • Options
    This is not the thread to discuss the pros and cons of VAR but to chuck it in for the last game of a 49 game season is absurd.

Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    I disagree. I think for games of this importance it should be there. If you lose to a goal that is slightly offside or perhaps a handball the officials didn't see, that'd be absolutely gutting. 
  • Options
    Still think our last minute winner would have been ruled out as a push from Jason Pearce 
  • Options
    Decent game this, Luton much the better side and should be in front 
  • Options
    Both Sarr and Lockyer on the bench tonight
  • Options
    Sorba Thomas subbed on for Hudds.
  • Options

Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    Totally agree. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Gorgeous free kick into the area from Sorba Thomas headed into the back of the net but ref had already blown for a foul against Huddersfield in the penalty area.
  • Options
    Getting rave reviews & putting on some decent crosses.

Just remind me......how much was it that we didnt want to pay...?? A couple of hundred thousand difference ??.  No worries because we then spunked £500k on Kirk. 

No clue.

• Options
    How... Just how is that not a penalty to Huddersfield?
  • Options
    1-0 Huddersfield (2-1 on agg)

Jordan Rhodes. Sorba Thomas assist from a free kick.
  • Options
    They deserve the lead after that penalty decision from the referee
  • Options
    Naby coming on for Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes, who played for Huddersfield under Herbert Chapman ten years ago before going on his travels.
  • Options
    They deserve the lead after that penalty decision from the referee
    If Luton could finish they'd have been out of sight. They've had 2-3 really good chances in this game
  • Options

Just remind me......how much was it that we didnt want to pay...?? A couple of hundred thousand difference ??.  No worries because we then spunked £500k on Kirk. 

No clue.

Hindsight is 20/20...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4158497/#Comment_4158497
    Stupid me to think that the owner might push the boat out after saying we were going to blow through the League.

However, once we weren't going to spend big like some teams why quibble over £100k - 200k.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022

No clue.

Hindsight is 20/20...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4158497/#Comment_4158497
    Stupid me to think that the owner might push the boat out after saying we were going to blow through the League.

However, once we weren't going to spend big like some teams why quibble over £100k - 200k.

You're getting yourself tangled up. Is it that Sandgaard won't spend any money or that we're spending money but it's on the wrong players?

In Jan 2021, you said we have bigger fish to fry... I'd have thought Charlie Kirk fits that description.
  • Options
    Huddersfield heading to Wembley.

Sorba Thomas completely changed the game when he came on.
  • Options
    Never seen that before. The lineman was half way across the pitch before the ref blew the final whistle. 
  • Options
    Lino halfway across the pitch when the whistle went 😂
  • Options
    Shame Luton didnt win, was hoping to see a new side in the Premier League
  • Options
    Shame Luton didnt win, was hoping to see a new side in the Premier League
    They were my second choice to Forest. Either way, I'd rather see Sheff Utd or Forest in the Premier League than another season or two of Huddersfield getting battered 5-0 at home every other week...
  • Options
    Huddersfield stayed up after promotion, just about! They were never going to keep it up, but they weren't rollovers. Until the season after
  • Options
    Forest are by far the best side of the 4 in the playoffs, they deserve to go up. And it's been an eternity since they were last in the PL, so it will feel like a new side.
  • Options
    Sunderland fan travelling from Newcastle to Wembley via Menorca as it’s cheaper.

https://bbc.in/3LeF1Ed?fbclid=IwAR1Ro5tlTG9bMbRvGjVWfN3-NLMzQbynCn0DEjq6BiUzphQ6YU5lCZX2h7g