Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Hasselbaink would go down well. 😂
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Who ever we appoint will be a gamble because the Charlton gig has so much baggage attached to it over quite a few years with punch drunk fans and a cynical fan base that need to stop protesting and enjoy the football; Impossible at the moment I do concur.

I can't see this happening but Curbs as mentor and a "director of football" working 30 odd hours a week with plenty of time off for golf days, with a young coach Michael Beale who at 40 really needs to stop just being an innovative coach and see if he can be head coach/ manager back where his football career started with a wise old head like Alan Lewellyn Curbishley to help with the daily issues of how to run a football club and give advise to MB on how to deal with media, owner etc which has never been Michael's remit up to now. Plus how to deal with the clowns behind you in the dug outs who know better than you despite never having set up a kids team let alone a third tier pro team.

Beale and Curbs as the dream team ? Just not sure that Thomas Sandgaard will buy into this but what a waste of Curbs experience which would be invaluable to Beale.

Beale won't need any advise on the various formations. The better the players the easier the job. 
  • Options
    Tempt Warnock out of retirement?  :D
    Why? Warnock is your go-to when you are in trouble and want saving from relegation.
    Once he has done his job the fans suddenly want better football and a new manager.
    (Hmm, maybe revisit in December  ;) )
  • Options
    How is Dyche on lower odds than Appleton...that is mad!
  • Options
    Daniel Farke
  • Options
    I like euell but keeping him and the goalkeeper coach and forcing them on the new manager im not a fan off

should be a clean sweep and let them bring who they feel they want and need
  • Options
    It's the owner who needs a reality check first..needs to appoint a manager on the understanding the former is there to manage/coach ,support them in the market and understand that he understands sfa compared to the people he employs. 

Very disappointed about sandgaard talking about pressing games etc ( presumably that comes from his son who will also know SFA compared to the professionals) 

I am not optimistic about anyone being successful given the above but we need to appoint a strong manager quickly 
  • Options
    Who ever we appoint will be a gamble because the Charlton gig has so much baggage attached to it over quite a few years with punch drunk fans and a cynical fan base that need to stop protesting and enjoy the football; Impossible at the moment I do concur.

I can't see this happening but Curbs as mentor and a "director of football" working 30 odd hours a week with plenty of time off for golf days, with a young coach Michael Beale who at 40 really needs to stop just being an innovative coach and see if he can be head coach/ manager back where his football career started with a wise old head like Alan Lewellyn Curbishley to help with the daily issues of how to run a football club and give advise to MB on how to deal with media, owner etc which has never been Michael's remit up to now. Plus how to deal with the clowns behind you in the dug outs who know better than you despite never having set up a kids team let alone a third tier pro team.

Beale and Curbs as the dream team ? Just not sure that Thomas Sandgaard will buy into this but what a waste of Curbs experience which would be invaluable to Beale.

Beale won't need any advise on the various formations. The better the players the easier the job. 

Would be my absolute dream setup. Do think if we're going the young head coach role you do need some experience around them for them to work with and have for advice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This from my spanner brother when I asked him about Harris at the scum:
    ”Very defensive. One goal lead shut up shop. Not great at making tactical substitutions. Nearly always left it too late and like for like. We often drew or lost games in the last ten minutes. But he may have changed.”
  • Options
    Head brick wall. 🤪
    Yes we’re a league 1 club with a league 1 team and league 1 ground and league 1 supporters so need a league 1 manager so we can stay in league 1 forever and not moan about it any more ffs
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Rotherham average attendance is under 10000 
    there training ground is 2 pitches and a porta   cabin. On the side of a county senior team parkgate. The ground which they used for about 3 years before they could afford to buy the cabins. 
    The referee changing room was wooden shed where the roof sags so much with the damp it was ready to cave in and you put a broom at the door to keep it shut. 
    Are we really less attractive than Rotherham because there in the championship. For probably 1 season again. 
    Don’t know why some of you support us if that’s how you see us. 

Yes.

If we and Rotherham were both in the same league and going for an out of work manager, then I'd expect we'd be more attractive in most cases, but we're not.

Add to that Warne has been at Rotherham 13 years, and presumably his family are settled in the area etc. 

He's not going to move to us.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    I usually dislike the summer and get bored without the football.
    This summer will be interesting and before you know it we will have the football round again.
    Am I right in thinking the last two managers appointed in order to start a fresh season were Dowie and Peeters?
    Slade. 
    aka Hobbit Dowie
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Assuming Luton don't get promotion via the playoffs, make Nathan Jones an offer he can't refuse.
    In what world would he want to leave them to come here? Championship manager of the year and just signed a new 5 year contract. 

I doubt we could get a currently employed manager from a top league one club, never mind one from a higher division. 

TS probably won't want to pay compensation so it'll be an out of work manager or an up and coming coach looking for their first managerial role.
  • Options
    Anyone but Roy Keane. 
  • Options
    Rotherham average attendance is under 10000 
    there training ground is 2 pitches and a porta   cabin. On the side of a county senior team parkgate. The ground which they used for about 3 years before they could afford to buy the cabins. 
    The referee changing room was wooden shed where the roof sags so much with the damp it was ready to cave in and you put a broom at the door to keep it shut. 
    Are we really less attractive than Rotherham because there in the championship. For probably 1 season again. 
    Don’t know why some of you support us if that’s how you see us. 

Warne, the former club captain and local school teacher who has lived there most of his life, and has a job for as long as he wants it.  Is going to ditch that for our clown show.  I bet unemployed Skiverton thinks Yeovil wasn't that bad now.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yes but it is interesting to note the people we were talking to last year before being essentially 'forced' to employ Jackson permanently. 
  • Options
    I like euell but keeping him and the goalkeeper coach and forcing them on the new manager im not a fan off

I suppose there is the fear that if they don't get it done as soon as they like they need someone there.  When is the first day of preason, when are they coming in to be weighed, who is going to show the superstar signings that Martin has snaffled round? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yes but it is interesting to note the people we were talking to last year before being essentially 'forced' to employ Jackson permanently. 
    Sandgaard was not forced to pick Jackson. No one had him in a headlock. That was his own decision. 

• Options

I've been think about this and have come up with the following

1 they are highly rated and we don't want them to go
    2 they may be more difficult to get rid of (expensive) contractually 
    3 we need someone in charge for pre season if this drags on

maybe they will go once a new manager is appointed
  • Options
    Apparently Hasselbaink is interested and has already spoken to Thomas. Think he applied last time round as well.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Sandgaard was not forced to pick Jackson. No one had him in a headlock. That was his own decision. 

It was but the results at the time, along with the fanbase pretty much crying out for him to be made permanent did kind of force his hand. Some people are giving TS stick now for letting Jackson go, imagine if he'd let him go back then and appointed someone else?
  • Options
    Bit like us with curbs. Had to go couldn’t take club to next level. Been here to many years 

I can’t honestly see Rotherham getting to prem before us. 

but perhaps I’m not as pessimistic as you lot about my club. 
  • Options
    chev said:
    Warburton assisted by Beale. Although I wouldn't expect Beale to leave a premier league coaching role to be assistant at league 1
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

He himself said he was basically forced into it because of the great results and fan pressure. 

It's a compliment to Jackson that he won himself the role, but indicates that Thomas had his eye elsewhere before the results picked up. 
  • Options
    Jody Morris