Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I thought that the Nabster was due to join Bowyer at Brum in the last window. I suspect that he will go there. 

Can we think of any other ex players to speculate about? 
    As with every other rumour thread over the past few years I’ll get this one in early. Delort was going to sign but his old man wants him to concentrate on a return to the French beach football team. 
  • Options
    Kirk started again yesterday for Blackpool, strengthening the rumours of him signing on a perm at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Perhaps our recruitment should not mean a dead end for our own developing players, but be constructed in a way that offers them a realistic chance.
    Why have a development system at all if it is not regarded as an alternative to expensive recruitment?
    I mean bless him and all that, but has there been any point in Henderson?
  • Options
    We have a pathway for players who are good enough. The squad cap forces you to have that as you can’t pad out the squad with too many senior squad players.

Henderson coming in has allowed AMB to spend a season out on loan. Harness had a short spell at Dulwich too. They probably didn’t expect him to spend as much time out injured as he has done.
  • Options
    Tucker scored a brilliant volley yesterday. He's been watched by various clubs, so I imagine a higher club than us might get him in the summer
  • Options
    Not a rumour, but attacking midfielder Elliot Anderson has been getting rave reviews on loan at Bristol Rovers from Newcastle. He'll be in a higher division next season
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I thought that the Nabster was due to join Bowyer at Brum in the last window. I suspect that he will go there. 

Nabster to Brum and then a loan back to SE7...
  • Options
    Just need a 

"Actual rumours, please "

To complete the full house of CL rumours thread phrase bingo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    People know we don't have to sign players that used to play for us right? 
    Now you just being silly mate. Everyone knows if you sign someone with previous history with us then it is a sure fire success. Look what our season could have turned out if we hadn't of improved our team by signing Chucks. That 120 mins he put in was pivotal 😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Bournesnr said:
    So he’s not a regular starter for the O’s but we’re interested, great.
    Depends what role we’re expecting him to play in the squad. I think my mantra for this summer is going to be “we need to build a squad, not just a team”. 
  • Options
    Is there a separate rumours thread that excludes former players,  sons of former players, friends of former players and boyfriends of former players ?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    People do know it’s possible for a former player to come back to play for us and do well, right?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Nabster to Brum and then a loan back to SE7...
    To Birmingham on a free. We will then pay Birmingham a £300k loan fee to get him on loan for a year. Where he will sit in the medical room with Aneke for most of the year. 
  • Options
    Is there a separate rumours thread that excludes former players,  sons of former players, friends of former players and boyfriends of former players ?
    Yup but none of them are CAFC forums 🤭🤭
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Chunes said:
    Wasn't Naby's biggest fan in a 2CB pairing but think he could be good as a left-sided CB in a 3. He's a good passer, very athletic and would add height to the team. Rather him than Famewo. 
    I loved Nabby, partly because he of his passing range as much as anything, but I think he was exposed a few times when playing in a three at the back, most notably at Wembley. 
    On his day he’s out of our league, but made the odd (but not frequent) blunder, although fewer than some said. He could be a bit of a scapegoat, and I remember watching one full match on replay after he was slated, to find he hit just one misplaced pass all game. Players like Bielik or Cullen could hit two or three in a match, and it would go unnoticed sometimes. By me as much as anyone if I’m honest. 
    Wouldn’t mind if he came back as he played well in our promotion season, but wouldn’t be concerned if he didn’t if they found someone else who could pick a pass as well as him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    People do know it’s possible for a former player to come back to play for us and do well, right?
    Naby wasn't good here the first time round, and if he'd improved at all he'd be playing regular football somewhere. We romanticise ex players far too much, usually based on how likeable they are as a person 
    I agree generally, but equally why rule out ex players purely because they've played for us previously? That's nonsense too. So you wouldn't want Pope in goal next season, or Konsa and Gomez at CB? Grant up top?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Naby wasn't good here the first time round, and if he'd improved at all he'd be playing regular football somewhere. We romanticise ex players far too much, usually based on how likeable they are as a person 
    I agree generally, but equally why rule out ex players purely because they've played for us previously? That's nonsense too. So you wouldn't want Pope in goal next season, or Konsa and Gomez at CB? Grant up top?
    Gomez is always injured, so would make a perfect Charlton signing...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Be sensible !!

The players some posters would want us to (re) sign would be the likes of Magennis, Cousins, Piggott and Lapslie.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Be sensible !!

The players some posters would want us to (re) sign would be the likes of Magennis, Cousins, Piggott and Lapslie.
    So the issue is quality rather than the fact they are an ex player then? 
  • Options
    Ross Sykes from Accrington
  • Options
    Luke McCormick from Wimbledon
  • Options
    Anthony Scully from Lincoln
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Scully, McCormick, Sykes… There’s three to get started. You are welcome black box team. ;-)