Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum minutes March 2022

124»

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Plenty of music festivals function on pre paid wristband or cards, so they are definitely talking bollox on that front. I was using them in Croatia a decade ago. 

There are also cards that parents can put money on and they are used like a bank card... so it can be done from both sides very easily. Pretty sure the Post office do one.

BUT lots of society is cashless now, so let's not pretend it's a TS made problem though. 

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/
    Well exactly. there's a card called GoHenry, especially for kids.  Parents, etc can pre-load pocket money and the kids can have their own names on the card.  I believe there is a £3 monthly fee.  It's for 6-18 year-olds.
  • Options
    Jshine166 said:
    Plenty of music festivals function on pre paid wristband or cards, so they are definitely talking bollox on that front. I was using them in Croatia a decade ago. 

There are also cards that parents can put money on and they are used like a bank card... so it can be done from both sides very easily. Pretty sure the Post office do one.

BUT lots of society is cashless now, so let's not pretend it's a TS made problem though. 

All the Boston teams are cash free - they have machines you can put cash into and get back a prepaid Visa card. No fee to the user, and the Visa card can be used anywhere. It’s basically just a Visa gift card. I find it hard to believe that isn’t available in the UK  

At the same time, just designate a couple of cash eligible points, and make the others card only. 
  • Options
    Jshine166 said:

All the Boston teams are cash free - they have machines you can put cash into and get back a prepaid Visa card. No fee to the user, and the Visa card can be used anywhere. It’s basically just a Visa gift card. I find it hard to believe that isn’t available in the UK  

At the same time, just designate a couple of cash eligible points, and make the others card only. 
    They are avaliable in the UK.  Even at the London Olympics, so ten years ago, you could use Mastercard in the venue because it was sponsored by visa (or the other way round) so you had to buy a prepaid one, using the other.  Bonkers but the technology is certainly avaliable in the UK.
  • Options
    @SomervilleAddick a possible issue with the pre-paid card vending machines is whether it's allowed within the money laundering regs here. I agree that having clearly labelled cash only and card only kiosks would be more the sensible way of doing it though.
  • Options
    Raelynn spoke during the first  15 minutes or so as Thomas was late arriving from another meeting. 
    That was the official explanation. Actually she locked him in the toilet.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @SomervilleAddick a possible issue with the pre-paid card vending machines is whether it's allowed within the money laundering regs here. I agree that having clearly labelled cash only and card only kiosks would be more the sensible way of doing it though.
    That’s an issue I hadn’t thought about, and not an easy one to work around in any automated way. Max limits on the cards, maybe mitigates. Certainly monitoring of the card station, but maybe it is just too much effort. But I don’t want to turn this into a money laundering prevention discussion. Just limit which concessions you can use cash at to encourage people plan ahead. 
  • Options
    The food/drink discount is now kiosks only, although who stands around on the concourse a hour before the game I don't know.

https://www.charltonafc.com/tickets/buy-season-tickets/season-ticket-benefits
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The food/drink discount is now kiosks only, although who stands around on the concourse a hour before the game I don't know.

TS.

Latest motto ? 

Giveth with one hand, taketh away with the other.....
  • Options
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I'm not sure why everything has to be so difficult and arse about face. Bit like the 4 free tickets.... which they choose what games you can use it for. If it was for the fans benefit you'd pick your own, the fact it's dictated by the club shows its not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I'm not sure why everything has to be so difficult and arse about face. Bit like the 4 free tickets.... which they choose what games you can use it for. If it was for the fans benefit you'd pick your own, the fact it's dictated by the club shows its not.
    My guess is that they don't want them used for "gold" matches, which is fair enough, but beyond that the choice should be left to fans.

To me there are some nice to have benefits, most I won't use but a few I will such as the half price Swansea ticket.

I've already bought my ST but not sure this would sway me if I was in the "I'm not renewing" camp.

The kiosk discounts make sense as it encourages people to arrive earlier. Not sure how many do now or would change their habits as a result but worth a try.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

My guess is that they don't want them used for "gold" matches, which is fair enough, but beyond that the choice should be left to fans.

To me there are some nice to have benefits, most I won't use but a few I will such as the half price Swansea ticket.

I've already bought my ST but not sure this would sway me if I was in the "I'm not renewing" camp.

The kiosk discounts make sense as it encourages people to arrive earlier. Not sure how many do now or would change their habits as a result but worth a try.
    TBH, the idea of saving money in the bar was what made my ST cost effective and just about justifiable, I was also told that more perks were being considered but these obviously never materialised. In the last week weve also had a £50 shirt, launch for £55 lol.

I look forward to my 'comps' being tuesday fixtures in january. The kiosks only doesnt really make sense at all as, if im in the ground spending money, thats all that matters. 

• Options
    shine166 said:

Ive seen plenty of people who stay in the concourse drinking for the entire game, never going to their seat. I cant work that one out. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shine166 said:

Ive seen plenty of people who stay in the concourse drinking for the entire game, never going to their seat. I cant work that one out. 
    sometime Soccer Saturday is much more appealing !
  • Options
    What about the Women's Tickets ? Is that free every game if you want ?
  • Options
    What about the Women's Tickets ? Is that free every game if you want ?
    Yes it does and perk 8 allows me to pick my favourite seat if its available, which is lucky as I decided to spend £425 on a location I hated 😅.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

TBH, the idea of saving money in the bar was what made my ST cost effective and just about justifiable, I was also told that more perks were being considered but these obviously never materialised. In the last week weve also had a £50 shirt, launch for £55 lol.

I look forward to my 'comps' being tuesday fixtures in january. The kiosks only doesnt really make sense at all as, if im in the ground spending money, thats all that matters. 

I don't get it Shine.
    Those that bought season tickets before the perks were announced,  were probably not expecting any perks.
    I dont get how anyone can moan about the perks as they were extra anyway.
    If those purchasing thier season tickets were happy to do so without they surely have a few bonuses?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I don't get it Shine.
    Those that bought season tickets before the perks were announced,  were probably not expecting any perks.
    If those purchasing thier season tickets were happy to do so without they surely have a few bonuses?
    Yeah thats fair enough, but I literally stated I was swayed by the perks that I was told about in the phone call I got trying to sell me a season ticket. Tickets I really don't care about, but I think the change in detail on the food/drink discount is misleading. Saving £5/£10 a game adds up over a season and helps some of us a lot. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I don't get it Shine.
    Yeah thats fair enough, but I literally stated I was swayed by the perks that I was told about in the phone call I got trying to sell me a season ticket. Tickets I really don't care about, but I think the change in detail on the food/drink discount is misleading. Saving £5/£10 a game adds up over a season and helps some of us a lot. 
    You would have to drink @10 pints per game to get a £10 saving @20% off.
    But then of course you would have spent £50 to get a £10 saving  :D
    Awaits Napa ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"She said the club are looking at season-ticket holders as the people who the club wants to work alongside in Fill The Valley efforts."

"She said the club would be more focused on ticket sales to groups (schools, charities, grassroots clubs) who want to attend matches with their friends, teammate and families."

"She said the club are talking to a number of schools and grassroots teams, developing partnerships and will begin to work with them in a way where they can possibly earn money through fundraising with ticket sales to their community."

The club was very successful at selling to groups in the Premier League, especially in conjunction with Valley Express, less successful in the Championship and pretty unsuccessful in L1. I doubt if the appeal of L1 has increased dramatically in recent years, so I’d be somewhat sceptical this approach will generate significant new interest, even if Charlton had a team of people working on it full-time. We also tried the fundraising approach.

The problem is the limited appeal of L1 football, not just price. The clue is that even when you give people free tickets a majority go unused.

Nail on head!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I don't get it Shine.
    Awaits Napa ...
    5 pints and food is £40. Save £8 20 times and its nearly £200 off of your ST. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

TS.

Latest motto ? 

I don't get it Shine.
    Awaits Napa ...
    5 pints and food is £40. Save £8 20 times and its nearly £200 off of your ST. 
    And 2 years off your life expectancy ….

never mind the beer and food intake