Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum minutes March 2022

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bad behaviour on Valley Away coaches? Whats been happening?
    I got the coach to Sheffield Wednesday a few weeks back.
    Three young lads aged about 18 got pissed on the way up.
    One of them fell asleep in the toilet and had to be woken by his mates. 
    They left all their empty cans on the coach which annoyed the driver. 
    One of them was refused entry to the ground because he was so drunk and none of them made it back to the coach for the return journey. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    Unless I missed that bit in the notes.
    There is nothing democratic and it is an award not an election. It is made at the POTY Dinner by the organisers as a fun way to honour someone who has gone 'over and above' in their support of our great club. Got any suggestions?
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    Or how about Lauren Kreamer, was she in the running last year given her work in the courts?
    What were the deciding factors?
    She was very much in the running as were several others who did their bit in the struggle with our Belgian friends. Somehow the Boardroom scene, captured on video for posterity, seemed like the right choice.
    The video you reference hasn’t been released apparently.
    By contrast Lauren Kreamer in court was watched live by many.
    It's the Fan award of the year, not fan broadcast of the year. 
  • Options
    "IW said the lift that goes into museum breaks regularly, which he believed was the caterers’ fault."

The answer is surely to stop providing catering for the museum, and make Henry bring his own lunch  ;)
    I need some food after climbing six flights of stairs cos the lift is broken again.

Seriously, it not just our lift. More importantly it takes fans who use wheelchairs to and from the disabled gallery in the NE Quad.

The catering staff drop huge barrels of beer on the lift floor, barge trolleys into to doors etc etc so every three or four weeks it breaks down. It doesn't help that the lift is 20+ years old.
  • Options
    "IW said the lift that goes into museum breaks regularly, which he believed was the caterers’ fault."

The answer is surely to stop providing catering for the museum, and make Henry bring his own lunch  ;)
    I need some food after climbing six flights of stairs cos the lift is broken again.

Seriously, it not just our lift. More importantly it takes fans who use wheelchairs to and from the disabled gallery in the NE Quad.

The catering staff drop huge barrels of beer on the lift floor, barge trolleys into to doors etc etc so every three or four weeks it breaks down. It doesn't help that the lift is 20+ years old.
    Brian must be heavier than a few barrels of beer.
    I blame him.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    There is nothing democratic and it is an award not an election. It is made at the POTY Dinner by the organisers as a fun way to honour someone who has gone 'over and above' in their support of our great club. Got any suggestions?
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    Or how about Lauren Kreamer, was she in the running last year given her work in the courts?
    She was very much in the running as were several others who did their bit in the struggle with our Belgian friends. Somehow the Boardroom scene, captured on video for posterity, seemed like the right choice.
    Award based on the video that would be of interest to many.
    The video is under wraps for whatever reason.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    The video is not 'under wraps', it's a private recording...and it's got absolutely fuck all to do with you, just like the 'award' has got absolutely fuck all to do with you.

We all know what you're trying here Seth. You're not fooling anyone. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.
    The video is not 'under wraps', it's a private recording...and it's got absolutely fuck all to do with you, just like the 'award' has got absolutely fuck all to do with you.

You seem upset for some reason.
    The video was first mentioned on this thread by another poster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Indeed that's an example of why our cost base is so much higher than for some of the smaller clubs in this division. Everything needs maintenance, and eventually wears out

• Options

Brian must be heavier than a few barrels of beer.
    I blame him.
    When in doubt, blame Sealy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.

I don't know what he's trying to do. He was just asking if we could see something that everyone would like to see.

It seems to me that you're being unnecessary rude to Seth. 

It's a private video that the owner doesn't want to share. That's all. There's certainly no reason to post obscenities like the symbol of French football.
  • Options
    In many ways I preferred the good old days when nut jobs would only seem to hijack planes rather than threads.
  • Options

What it needs is a “Lift Attendant” 
    I can think of someone that’s been pressing all the wrong buttons for years, maybe with some training he could be a potential candidate? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.

I don't know what he's trying to do. He was just asking if we could see something that everyone would like to see.
    No, he's not `just' asking that at all. He's trying to discredit Henry. That's what all this is about. He wants to belittle Henry's participation in the event that warranted the `award'.

If he saw the video, the very first thing he'd do is post on here about Henry's absence in it/relevance to what actually happened. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.

No, he's not `just' asking that at all. He's trying to discredit Henry. That's what all this is about. He wants to belittle Henry's participation in the event that warranted the `award'.

If he saw the video, the very first thing he'd do is post on here about Henry's absence in it/relevance to what actually happened. 
    I am afraid you're wrong.
    This was my first post on this thread:

'I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.
    Unless I missed that bit in the notes.'

Not what you describe at all.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.

'I imagine the fans forum will democratically elect the 21-22 fan or fans of the season at it’s full meeting in June.

You know I'm not wrong Seth. Your first post in this thread was a sarcastic comment attacking the award itself because, as you full well know, it isn't decided on a `democratic' basis. When KJL mentioned the video being a factor you suddenly switch to `dog with a bone' mode cos you smell an opportunity to attack Henry.

As Henry has pointed out on this thread, you've never had an issue with the award or its recipients in previous years....but now Henry has a piece of this latest one, you appear to have developed a real problem with it. 
  • Options
    I believed the award was chosen by a body or group of people.
    Player of the year is chosen by a wide range of fans.
    Young player is chosen by staff.
    The community trust choose a player.
    I believe other groups like the disabled supporters choose a player.
    It is so strange to think that Fan of the year is selected by the Fans Forum...the clue being in the word 'fan'?
    I would suggest that there may be others who believed fan of the year was chosen by the Fans Forum.
    I have no issue with recipients, and never expressed an issue either. I have explored how democratic (or not) the system or choosing might be.
    You have said I have no right to be curious because it has '***k all to do with me".
    The video of the boardroom events is something I am sure very many fans would like to see, but it's relevance was not introduced by me.
    Makes me wonder who is taking the opportunity to attack whom.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Oh I dunno...?
    Edit.

I have to say you must’ve known full well where the conversation was going even if you didn’t explicitly make your points up front.

Thanks for posting the minutes. Some interesting stuff in there. 

Nosey and want to know more about the Valley Away trouble! Did someone steal a tartan blanket while the chap sitting in the seat in front was stinking out the bog?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley Away trouble addressed further up the thread. Personally amazed that they have not been recording the names of those actually travelling, sure that would be some sort of legal requirement in case of accidents etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Now that the organiser @killerjerrylee has made quite clear the criteria for a fan to be recognised each year and, that it is not a democratic process (see below), 

There is nothing democratic and it is an award not an election. It is made at the POTY Dinner by the organisers as a fun way to honour someone who has gone 'over and above' in their support of our great
     club. Got any suggestions?

Alongside which, @Airman Brown as a respected previous recipient has confirmed its not even a 'Fan of the Year Award' 

Would it not be a good time to move on from any previous misconceptions or concerns regardless of who said what or who started it?

The fans forum meetings I have attended haven't discussed it from memory (I have only been to two), are not involved in it all as far as I am aware and I don't see the need for that to change or be minuted.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    From my own perspective I felt there was a discernable change in TS from the last time I attended a similar event. 

It's fair to say as a group, AF Addicks were 'underwhelmed' on and off the pitch, this was reflected in a lot of feedback, whilst certainly remaining supportive of the owner, eyebrows were being raised and whingeing frequent, (a right of passage in the military). 

Last weeks meeting felt different, almost as if the reality of how little progress had been made had sunk in, and, importantly, how mistakes had been made. 

The proof of this 'fresh start' will be
     judged over the next few months no doubt, but there does seem a doubling of efforts to consult supporters, listen to supporters, and involve supporters going forward. 

Let's hope so, we have a very talented and experienced skillset across a broad spectrum and can play a really positive role in the clubs progression if utilised.

Despite our bickering's on here, we are all on the same side and offer the best chance Charlton Athletic has to reverse its diminishing stature within the game, one due to a decade of poor ownership and miss management.
    Keep at it, @SE7toSG3.

I remain hopeful (but not optimistic, if that makes sense) that the penny will drop for Sandgaard.  Constant chipping away by those who can is a decent enough strategy.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Even taking into account inflation, just considering putting ST prices up is taking the piss. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Even taking into account inflation, just considering putting ST prices up is taking the piss. 
    Agreed. In general they are historically high for us in L1 already, although the structure is all wrong and the Covered End lower is too cheap in relation to other areas. 
  • Options
    How else should the costs be covered? Either not pay staff more or Sandgaard being expected to write a bigger cheque? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Agreed. In general they are historically high for us in L1 already, although the structure is all wrong and the Covered End lower is too cheap in relation to other areas. 
    FFS Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol