Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum minutes March 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Rothko said:
    How else should the costs be covered? Either not pay staff more or Sandgaard being expected to write a bigger cheque? 
    Price increases don’t necessarily mean more revenue, as you must be aware. Maximising revenue is the goal, although sometimes retention is a higher priority. I don’t think a 10% increase in prices across the board would result in a 10% increase in revenue, I think it would encourage more people not to renew in all the circumstances, and potentially reduce revenue.

Equally if you depress the number of season tickets you may pick up more match revenue if those people then see the team is successful. But you have to get that bit right too.

In reality there is a bloody great hole in the budget and tweaking the season ticket prices will have a very minor influence on how big it is.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Even taking into account inflation, just considering putting ST prices up is taking the piss. 
    I just want a bit of honestly around it. I hate it when they try and be clever with their PR nonsense by saying things like ‘prices held the same’ but it’s because they’re comparing a previous post-earlybird price with the new early bird. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    shine166 said:
    Even taking into account inflation, just considering putting ST prices up is taking the piss. 
    I just want a bit of honestly around it. I hate it when they try and be clever with their PR nonsense by saying things like ‘prices held the same’ but it’s because they’re comparing a previous post-earlybird price with the new early bird. 
    I don’t think there were any increases last year, so that can’t happen?
  • Options
    New coach employed to work one to one with players, from a higher level, wonder who it is? 
    Ben Watson. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    New coach employed to work one to one with players, from a higher level, wonder who it is? 
    Ben Watson. 
    Is this a joke? Certainly hope so.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    How else should the costs be covered? Either not pay staff more or Sandgaard being expected to write a bigger cheque? 
    Weird how everyone's wages go up, but not mine or anyone I know ! 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:
    Weird how everyone's wages go up, but not mine or anyone I know ! 
    Thats cos you and youse mates is rubbish, innit!  :p
  • Options
    My ITK sources tell me the next fans forum is next week.

Let the whinging begin
  • Options

Let the whinging begin
    Any chance of the minutes?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Let the whinging begin
    Any chance of the minutes?
    In three months time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Sandgaard added that the club had the third or fourth largest player budget in League One last season"

Which is a massive indictment of the way we've recruited over the last 2 years
  • Options
    "Sandgaard added that the club had the third or fourth largest player budget in League One last season"

Which is kinder what he said.
  • Options
    Good to see the headlines out so quickly.

Fans Forum serving an useful purpose 
  • Options
    So it’s a fair question to ask ‘just why was last summer so bad?’
    Indeed
  • Options
    So it’s a fair question to ask ‘just why was last summer so bad?’
    Because we left our recruitment to the last minute. 
    Hopefully we won't do it again. 
  • Options

Which is kinder what he said.
    Worth noting that as he mentioned, the previous summer due to the ESI disaster wasn't great either, having to make a lot of late signings.

Though that doesn't entirely let Bowyer and Gallen off the hook for the likes of Gunter and Watson, both of whom would have been on fat wages I imagine. Or indeed the likes of Gilbey and DJ, neither of whom have been great successes.
  • Options

Shame the full notes are not on there still. Been over a week now 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Agree.

Full minutes should be out much quicker.

But regardless Fans Forum serving an useful purpose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Full notes
    Charlton Athletic Fans’ Forum – Thursday, June 16th
    https://cdn.charltonafc.com/sites/default/files/2022-07/Fans' Forum June 2022.pdf
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Better late than never. These season ticket benefits were not in the package at the start. Maybe the owner and the ownership representative have put this in now as sales were maybe not what they were expecting so far.

No mention of any figures sold either 
  • Options
    I have bought a season ticket and am unaware of any benefit beyond having a seat at each home league game.
    The minutes above don’t mention any additional benefits.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I have bought a season ticket and am unaware of any benefit beyond having a seat at each home league game.
    The minutes above don’t mention any additional benefits.
    4 free tickets (games that they choose though unfortunately) and 20% off of food and drink in the bars upto 30 mins before the game.
  • Options
    I bought my tickets early, maybe those benefits will be mentioned in the package when Alex Gilbey delivers it.
    He needs to start delivering something.
  • Options
    Good to see the minutes.

A few points for anyone 'official' who might come to CL:

1) Fill The Valley

"She (RM) said the club have held three or four meetings with season-ticket holders and they are looking at how they can increase attendance at those meetings. She said the club want to connect in multiple ways."

Were these 'three or four meetings' publicised?  I missed them ... but that could have been my fault.  Or, if others missed them, that may explain the poor attendance.

2) Cash catering

"PS said it was talked about youngsters putting cash onto a card so they could purchase too. RM said the club haven’t found machines for that, however they are trying to work something out where if they only have cash, the Ticket office can provide a card with the amount on it, so they can use it in the stadium."

I won't bother sending the links, but it took me about three minutes to find something suitable online.  These pre-paid cash card systems are freely available.  They are relatively old technology, but if we wanted to go down that route, the systems are out there. 

3) TS was quiet.
  • Options
    Reading those it looks like Raelynn is running the gaff.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Plenty of music festivals function on pre paid wristband or cards, so they are definitely talking bollox on that front. I was using them in Croatia a decade ago. 

There are also cards that parents can put money on and they are used like a bank card... so it can be done from both sides very easily. Pretty sure the Post office do one.

BUT lots of society is cashless now, so let's not pretend it's a TS made problem though. 

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/
  • Options
    Do ANY sports venues accept cash now to buy food and drink inside? A non issue really 
  • Options
    Raelynn spoke during the first  15 minutes or so as Thomas was late arriving from another meeting.