Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Gillingham | Tuesday 15 March 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Scoham said:
    I really don't like the look of that defence and keeper - doesn't inspire any confidence, too many players being played out of position... yet again. What's wrong with keeping things a simple 442?? 
    Not saying I agree with 3-5-2 but 4-4-2 is rarely used even at this level.

Doesn't have be be flat 442 in the strictest sense, i'm just saying rather than play 4 players out of position to accommodate a failing formation YET AGAIN is probably not the best idea.
  • team looks ok on paper but will probably still lose 
  • I really don't like the look of that defence and keeper - doesn't inspire any confidence, too many players being played out of position... yet again. What's wrong with keeping things a simple 442?? 
    Because no one, no one, plays 44 fucking 2.  It's not 199 fucking 8.
  • Anyone know what Famewo's done to merit being behind every other player at CB regardless of what position they play? Is he injured or did he tell Jackson that wingers aren't wingbacks and get banished to the shadow realm? I'd actually prefer Matthews at CB to Purrington. Three at the back, only one of them a centre back. At least we've got two proper strikers today.
  • We will win tonight.
  • No Famewo, looks like the rumours were right. See we are resting Gunter for Wales benefit, can be no other reason, we call games off because we can’t cope without him.
    I've missed this, what are the rumours?
  • That back 3 doesn't inspire the slightest confidence in me.

This could be a long night. 
  • 3-2 Washington 
  • edited March 2022
    Mmmm, Lee really fancies Gillinghams chance against this back three, and strange Pierce is not there, they will win every high ball..another long ball game  :(
  • 2-1 Gillingham, Oliver (big targetman against our dodgy back 3) and Lee (Elliot’s brother).
  • Sponsored links:

• Enough is enough

Mcg......not good enough
    Clare ......experiment no longer working
    Matthews......can't get over the halfway line
    Lavelle........Jury is still out
    Gilby......atrocious player no fight no positional sense
    CBT 1.5 games in 12 of any effectiveness and just back from a long layoff
    Bench ..no fight
    Leko....useless probably offside warming up !
    Lee... one trick pony
    Burstow...too much on an 18 year old in a struggling team.
    DJ ...better defending lately than attacking 

We are over reliant on the Washington/Stockley partnership.

No apologies but Morgan is much much better than this lot.

Jackson/Euell been dealt a bad hand but their shuffle is appalling 

352 doesn't work !

• edited March 2022

Shirley Not?
  • Agree fully with what Rob Lee was just saying. 

Oliver is going to have a field day against our back three tonight, need to forget trying to contest any headers in the midfield against him and aim to win what he nods on.

Just get Stockley back to deal with him for set pieces
  • That’s a 433 formation according to the BBC and it’s very attacking 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Shirley Not?
    This would be an improvement
  • That's my surprise Leuth.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Shirley Not?
    We won't but I would rather we did. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Shirley Not?
    That seems to suggest that we're lining up with 13-players... When did we sign Kelman and Oliver? 
  • Strongest team in ages, surely a win incoming 
  • If its a 4-3-3 I like that team, bar the crap defence... we will win
  • Sponsored links:

• If we line up like that then I will remove my previous objection although I still don't like the look of having Clare at CB. 
  • edited March 2022
    No Famewo, looks like the rumours were right. See we are resting Gunter for Wales benefit, can be no other reason, we call games off because we can’t cope without him.
    I've missed this, what are the rumours?

Rumour is he doesnt want to sign for us next season. Reckons he should be in the champ. 
  • Well done Justin 👍🏻
  • Dazzler21 said:

Shirley Not?
    That would be better but our own website says CBT and Matthews will be wing backs in a 352.
  • It does not matter who JJ picks and which position, these players have proved they can be good and win and also they can be rubbish and lose. It is about the mentality of the players and whether they are interested in winning. We had the good period during JJ temporary manager and then a period of terrible play where we keep losing, perhaps it is now going to be the period of success, but then again ..............
  • Does Robert Lee have a clue who Pringle is? 
  • Wow... Martin Pringle looks like he could replace the Professor in Money Heist!! 
  • Oh bloody hell. We are now getting a reminder of when we got blokes off Benfica. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!