Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Gillingham | Tuesday 15 March 2022 7.45pm KO

edited March 2022 in General Charlton
NO doubt, we're in for a tough old game tonight. Ex-Spanner Neil Harris brings his Jills to The Valley, promising to set up to compete.

There you go Jacko, looks like we're in for a Spanner type game tonight. But will we turn up?
Team news: Hopefully Washington partners Stockley. Looks like Fam and CBT will be available and there's always the question of, "When will we see Nile John?" No doubt Henry is itching to add to his Valiant 900s collection. :smile:

4 changes!

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Lavelle, Purrington; Matthews, Fraser, Dobson, Gilbey, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley (c), Washington

Subs: Harness, Gunter, Pearce, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV, starring the returning Scotty, Curbs, Martin Pringle plus Elliott Lee's dad by Zoom ..... begins at 7pm.

COYR!

Comments

• Harris, Jills and a hang over are 3 things I don't need in the next 12 hours. 

Might as well have all 3.
  • Please Jacko pick the right team.,...
  • Hate the defence, love the rest.
  • Washington and Stockley start... My defence of Jackson's early form gets tested tonight, we havent lost under him when they've started together
  • Matthews and Gilbey still being rewarded with starts, Purrington at LCB. Gillingham will get the easiest 3 points they've ever earned tonight
  • I’m looking forward to one of the players reiterating what he’s been told by Jacko et al and then go on the pitch and do the opposite.
  • No Gunter......so no reason to call off the Wimbledon game.
  • If that side can't do enough to get all 3 points then surely something is amiss.

Sticking by my pre match prediction of a 2-1 win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased Conor and Jayden start together. CBT back. Hope he fit and plays like he did at Pompey. Matthews????
  • edited March 2022
    Why can't we put Lavelle at LCB and Pearce central ffs? (yes, Pearce had a rough game at Accrington but) (oh he's injured lol) (well I'd prefer Gunter to Purrington, honestly)

As for Gilbey, well, rewarding failure, shuffling deckchairs etc. Lee and Morgan are better players though and you can't persuade me otherwise
  • Jacko's got his Matthews and Clare combination starting again, with Clare overlapping from CB.

Secret weapon. You read it here first. :wink:

• edited March 2022
    No Famewo, looks like the rumours were right. See we are resting Gunter for Wales benefit, can be no other reason, we call games off because we can’t cope without him.
  • edited March 2022
    See we have Mr Lee in the studio with Curbs and Minto, popping over to watch The fruit of his Loins having a friendly kick about, joined by Martin Pringle, a favourite of mine, well particularly the cheese and onion.... :)
    Probably a small crowd, now we must be able to break our duck against the mob from Kent,..can't we, i am living in hope of a win, large clutch of straws well held..Mmmm looks like a 4-4-2, but will obviously be a 3-5-2... ;)

• So this is Jackson being 'ruthless' as he said he would be in his post-match interview on Saturday. Same formation, same old (generally shit) players brought back in.

A back 3 of Lavelle, Clare, Purrington with Matthews and CBT as wing backs has disaster written all over it. That's 3 out of 5 players playing out of position.

Our hopes rest on whether Stockley and Washington can produce something.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Jacko's got his Matthews and Clare combination starting again, with Clare overlapping from CB.

Secret weapon. You read it here first. :wink:

To be fair that combination has been better than it has any right to be.  To be fair that's not saying its good enough but..... 
  • If that side can't do enough to get all 3 points then surely something is amiss.

We'll still lose, one centre-back who is bang average with an even shitter player at RCB, and with Lord Gilbey being played again despite being one of the worst players during this run, but at least Curbs will be happy
  • I really don't like the look of that defence and keeper - doesn't inspire any confidence, too many players being played out of position... yet again. What's wrong with keeping things a simple 442?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• No Famewo, looks like the rumours were right. See we are resting Gunter for Wales benefit, can be no other reason, we call games off because we can’t cope without him.
    What rumours please, I must have missed those!
  • the irreplaceable Gunter is on the bench!! 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    If that side can't do enough to get all 3 points then surely something is amiss.

We'll still lose, one centre-back who is bang average with an even shitter player at RCB, and with Lord Gilbey being played again despite being one of the worst players during this run, but at least Curbs will be happy
    Harsh on Clare.

Even harsher on Gilbey, who is so lovely on Twitter and should be made captain for life!!!
  • Leuth said:
    Why can't we put Lavelle at LCB and Pearce central ffs? (yes, Pearce had a rough game at Accrington but) (oh he's injured lol) (well I'd prefer Gunter to Purrington, honestly)

As for Gilbey, well, rewarding failure, shuffling deckchairs etc. Lee and Morgan are better players though and you can't persuade me otherwise
    Because Pearce failed a late fitness test?

Purrington is back because CBT is playing left side wing back.

• Leuth said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    If that side can't do enough to get all 3 points then surely something is amiss.

Harsh on Clare.

Even harsher on Gilbey, who is so lovely on Twitter and should be made captain for life!!!
    I did mean Matthews, forgot Clare was at CB
  • “Due to excessive demand today it may take 5-minutes for your feed to come through”, don’t make me fucking laugh…..
    Felt bad for Thomas so I’ve tucked my tenner down his thong….
  • edited March 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:

Because Pearce failed a late fitness test?

Purrington is back because CBT is playing left side wing back.

Purrington at LCB against Oxford was like watching a professional arm-wrestler do ballet
  • I really don't like the look of that defence and keeper - doesn't inspire any confidence, too many players being played out of position... yet again. What's wrong with keeping things a simple 442?? 
    Not saying I agree with 3-5-2 but 4-4-2 is rarely used even at this level.
  • Are the floodlights working...?

The Valley looks very dark behind Minto on CharltonTV 
  • Team looks ok. We will win comfortably.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!