Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Gillingham | Tuesday 15 March 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• We took the lead, and we've bloody well held on to it until Half-Time... Baby steps, but well done lads.
  • Good first half , pressing high, with them giving us a lot of room in our half, good well taken goal from Gilbey, and we go in 1-0, more of the same please Addicks, 'cos Harris will not be happy, and we will need to be up for the second half, they must create chances, we need another early doors..
  • Not watching this time, sounds a bit more positive than previous weeks. Fingers crossed we keep it up. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Been negative a lot (understandably) but that is much, much better viewing
  • RoanRedNY said:
    ross1 said:

26' CLOSE! Gilbey takes a lovely first touch before breaking just inside the box and firing inches past the right upright. #cafc 0 #gills 0

Blokes’ inches!!!  About 3 ft that missed by.  
    So 36” then. 
  • That's a lot better. Survived the early stages, despite Clare and Lavelle not marking their man. Built slowly but we can now use that as the game goes on. CBT looking dangerous and glad he got an assist for the goal. Gilbey deserved his goal and could have had three to go with the yellow. Keep them out, get a second and then maybe we can relax a bit. COYA
  • Good half. Much better than in recent weeks. Some of that is down to Gills being poor and sitting deep but we've kept the ball, found space, and created chances in ways we haven't done in recent weeks. CBT and Washington definitely make a big impact of this team. 

We still look ropey from set pieces. We've largely managed to scramble them away, but we need a second as we can't rely on that luck.

A second half performance like the first and we will put a good bit of room between us and the relegation zone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    If Gilbey does that every game for the rest of the season and the first ten games of next season, rest assured I will be the first to congratulate him 
    Nah I agree... He's so frustrating at times, we're seeing an Ipswich type performance today.

But wasnt long ago that he couldnt control a bag of cement, and thats nothing to do with the Strikers in front of him
  • CBT awesome first half, need a 2nd goal early on as I expect CBT and Washington wont last much more than 60 minutes
  • Much much better. Look like we have a plan now. Fraser, CBT and Gilby all good. Stockley makes a massive difference. 
  • Much better, wont get carried away obvs, but we're clearly playing a certain way and sticking to the game plan, no real pointless punts forward etc. Of course, Stockley and Washington together makes a difference.
  • Leuth said:
    If Gilbey does that every game for the rest of the season and the first ten games of next season, rest assured I will be the first to congratulate him 
    And I’ll do the same with  Morgan!!, oh hang on where’s Morgan??😜
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Much much better. Look like we have a plan now. Fraser, CBT and Gilby all good. Stockley makes a massive difference. 
     Washington & Stockley together are the difference. 
  • edited March 2022
    Much better, wont get carried away obvs, but we're clearly playing a certain way and sticking to the game plan, no real pointless punts forward etc. Of course, Stockley and Washington together makes a difference.
    Its bizarre really, neither have really been that involved

We've not seen the Duracell battery runs from Washington which is understandable given the fact that he's coming back to fitness, and probably wont last the 90mins.

Stockley on the other hand hasn't really won much in the air!!

Having them back in the team is almost as much of a mental help for the others, as it is to actually have them back.
  • Leuth said:
    Mate Gilbey is to you is what Albie is to most of us lol
  • Hold On to the lead. a clean bill of health please. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Much much better. Look like we have a plan now. Fraser, CBT and Gilby all good. Stockley makes a massive difference. 
    Fraser settling in and CBT returning are the difference 
  • Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Fraser settling in and CBT returning are the difference 
    So there's lots of reasons for the difference?!

😱
  • https://mobile.twitter.com/CAFCofficial/status/1503834330312884228

Dear whoever does our socials, I get it, you're doing it for me, it's sweet
  • AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    Mate Gilbey is to you is what Albie is to most of us lol
    Quite true, but to be fair we could pick any number of players to moan about lately!!😂
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Were the 3 shots on target all from the same passage of play  ?  CBT's initial shot, players follow up blocked & then Gilbey scoring. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!