Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Leko???? - YMBJ

but still a good preview
    Ditto! There should be no place for Leko. 
  • Let’s scrabble a draw.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I just want to see some fight and improvement tbh. 
    Right. Which game you going to watch?  B)
  • Thought we might win this ... until I read the 'reality' check dished out by @cabbles:/

Harry Pell was an absolute thorn in our side the last time we played them.  I recall him divulging how they'd set out  to  frustrate us - knowing how brittle we are - and how the crowd would turn.

Same again I fear ... we lose again.  :(

• Accrington are very good at home, only 4 defeats and just 5 points fewer than Rotherham. We're poor away, with 10 defeats.

Which does question my sanity as I get ready to drive up there  :D

• Can’t afford to come away pointless from this game. Looking at today’s other League One fixtures, there is guaranteed to be some movement at the bottom of the table come the final whistle. It will definitely be squeaky bum time for any side losing. Let’s hope we can at least earn a draw. 
  • I’ve already visualised what will happen today to save any dissapoinment later. We will huff and puff for about 30 minutes creating anything , we will gift them a soft goal , they will then do all the ugly shit we will get frustrated in the second half give away a pen and lose 2-0 
  • Quite frankly who knows ? Depends which team turns up doesnt it, we know normally this should be a good chance of 3 points but after the last 6 games I cant see anything from today other than another frustrating performance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancy a draw here and another point nearer safety 1-1
  • cabbles said:
    I’m going to this after missing our first trip up there in 2018 because I was a stag and last season being in lockdown.  Fully expect a day of frivolity on the Bayliss executive coach, Valley Cafe at 7.15am, aboard at 8.15am, greeted by John from Larkfield who left at 11pm the previous night.  Cramped seats, irrelevant musings to fill the journey up there. Stop at a service station around 10.30am for a coffee at costa that will set me back £13.67.  We’ll all be right off our tits when the lemon drizzle and marble cake gets passed around just after midday.

Waste away the next few hours as we arrive around 1.30pm.  I may go for a drink or decide to go straight into the ground and sit in solitude watching the mediocre dross warm up, wondering which of our midfield dynamos will start.  Check twitter at 2pm, let out a sigh when I see Gilbey is starting.  Spend the next 55mins alone with my thoughts, pondering if this is what purgatory looks like.

3pm kick off. 3.12pm goal Accrington Harry Pell.  We have a corner on or around the 37th minute but manage to hold on and go in only 1 down at half time, a half full of lots of pointing from Gilbey and mistimed runs by Burstow as Morgan tries several Hollywood balls over the top.

4.22pm Stockley lashes out in frustration, we’re down to 10 men.  Because Accrington aren’t that good they take their time to kill us off, but at 4.39pm they finally get their second and it’s 6 defeats in 7.

Back on the coach by about 5.05pm.  Fidget, checking in between here for post match views and twitter to fire off a few angry tweets. Get triggered by Jason Pearce tweeting ‘we let you down, not the result we wanted today, but we’ll be working hard to put it right against Gillingham on Tuesday’.  Watch Jackson’s post match interview with Minto on twitter, Jackson agitated, not looking into the camera complaining that we were in it until Stockley got sent off, references our corner in the 37th minute and tell us he hasn’t seen the Stockley incident yet to give an opinion, but it’s another blow and we go into another game on Tuesday without a senior forward.  Minto nodding sympathetically for the 5 minute duration of the interview.

Finish watching that, check back on here for post match views.  Someone says Purrington was okay and they think we should extend his stay as he’ll be good back up for next season.

More inane mutterings from my fellow lost souls as we slowly creep out of Lancashire, throwing around platitudes like ‘at least the season’s almost over’ and ‘we’ll probably get enough points to stay up’

8.45pm making good progress but coach drivers by law must change over.  Enforced stop south of Northampton.  I don’t need food but convince myself I need to sink £43.66 on BLT, coke and Cadbury whispa meal deal in WHSmith.

Get back on coach.  Calculate how long it will take to hit the Dagenham & Redbridge roundabout as we come off the m11.  Momentary hit of endorphins as I realise it’s only 15 minutes until we disembark.  Mistakenly engage one of the fellow lost souls across the aisle to me because I am excited the nightmare is almost over.  Realise it was a mistake within seconds as they want to talk about who we should keep in the summer and I’m suddenly sucked back into hell as I have to nod whilst they we should give Lee a permanent deal.

10.10pm, coach pulls up on the woolwich road.  Polite goodbyes, and another 16 hours of my life dissipates into the ether 
    Ha, brilliant. Very Patrick Bateman. 
  • edited March 2022
    There'll be dancing in the streets of SE7 at 5pm if we can get a draw against Accrington Stanley with all the confidence and the resources they can bring to bear on plucky little Charlton.
  • cabbles said:
    I’m going to this after missing our first trip up there in 2018 because I was a stag and last season being in lockdown.  Fully expect a day of frivolity on the Bayliss executive coach, Valley Cafe at 7.15am, aboard at 8.15am, greeted by John from Larkfield who left at 11pm the previous night.  Cramped seats, irrelevant musings to fill the journey up there. Stop at a service station around 10.30am for a coffee at costa that will set me back £13.67.  We’ll all be right off our tits when the lemon drizzle and marble cake gets passed around just after midday.

Waste away the next few hours as we arrive around 1.30pm.  I may go for a drink or decide to go straight into the ground and sit in solitude watching the mediocre dross warm up, wondering which of our midfield dynamos will start.  Check twitter at 2pm, let out a sigh when I see Gilbey is starting.  Spend the next 55mins alone with my thoughts, pondering if this is what purgatory looks like.

3pm kick off. 3.12pm goal Accrington Harry Pell.  We have a corner on or around the 37th minute but manage to hold on and go in only 1 down at half time, a half full of lots of pointing from Gilbey and mistimed runs by Burstow as Morgan tries several Hollywood balls over the top.

4.22pm Stockley lashes out in frustration, we’re down to 10 men.  Because Accrington aren’t that good they take their time to kill us off, but at 4.39pm they finally get their second and it’s 6 defeats in 7.

Back on the coach by about 5.05pm.  Fidget, checking in between here for post match views and twitter to fire off a few angry tweets. Get triggered by Jason Pearce tweeting ‘we let you down, not the result we wanted today, but we’ll be working hard to put it right against Gillingham on Tuesday’.  Watch Jackson’s post match interview with Minto on twitter, Jackson agitated, not looking into the camera complaining that we were in it until Stockley got sent off, references our corner in the 37th minute and tell us he hasn’t seen the Stockley incident yet to give an opinion, but it’s another blow and we go into another game on Tuesday without a senior forward.  Minto nodding sympathetically for the 5 minute duration of the interview.

Finish watching that, check back on here for post match views.  Someone says Purrington was okay and they think we should extend his stay as he’ll be good back up for next season.

More inane mutterings from my fellow lost souls as we slowly creep out of Lancashire, throwing around platitudes like ‘at least the season’s almost over’ and ‘we’ll probably get enough points to stay up’

8.45pm making good progress but coach drivers by law must change over.  Enforced stop south of Northampton.  I don’t need food but convince myself I need to sink £43.66 on BLT, coke and Cadbury whispa meal deal in WHSmith.

Get back on coach.  Calculate how long it will take to hit the Dagenham & Redbridge roundabout as we come off the m11.  Momentary hit of endorphins as I realise it’s only 15 minutes until we disembark.  Mistakenly engage one of the fellow lost souls across the aisle to me because I am excited the nightmare is almost over.  Realise it was a mistake within seconds as they want to talk about who we should keep in the summer and I’m suddenly sucked back into hell as I have to nod whilst they we should give Lee a permanent deal.

10.10pm, coach pulls up on the woolwich road.  Polite goodbyes, and another 16 hours of my life dissipates into the ether 

It’s actually Lemon drizzle and bread pudding.  I went for Bread pudding 
  • edited March 2022
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Wow!!, looks delicious, think I would start with the bread pudding and have the lemon drizzle to follow.. B)
  • I’ll take another point. Personally, I feel like Accrington are one of the worst possible sides for us to be playing at the moment, especially away from home. 
  • I think we just need something, anything to boost or morale. Whether that be a wonder goal of some sort, a scrappy 1-0 win or just a lot of effort being shown.

• I'll put the Match Thread up dreckly.

• I've arrived at the ground. The old ground Peel Park that is

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Wow!!, looks delicious, think I would start with the bread pudding and have the lemon drizzle to follow.. B)
    Dont know how you can handle the excitement.