Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• The draw was a blip, I can't see us winning this one. 1-0 Accrington. 
  • I anticipate a frustrating borefest of ineptitude.
    Think I'd rather chisel the end off my big toe than expend the time, effort and expense of going to this.
    " Keep your money Senator I've had enough. Let me be".
    Hopefully more minutes on the clock for Fraser and another step towards third division survival.
  • A tough old game, a tough old defeat. 1-0. 
  • 1-1. Another point towards safety. 
  • Yes, I can see a draw here too.
  • edited March 2022
    I wonder if that vile little shit who stuck the boot in at The Valley a while back and got a long ban is still playing for them and if so, is he likely to be in the squad?
    Sorry, but I c**t remember his name? 🙄
    Just Googled that and it was January 2019…..Christ almighty how time flies!
  • Those feelings from Cabbles come directly from the heart and totally reflect the my current mood. 

Great read! 
  • I just want to see some fight and improvement tbh. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I just want to see some fight and improvement tbh. 
    You got some fight from Sean Clare against Oxford...?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I just want to see some fight and improvement tbh. 
    You got some fight from Sean Clare against Oxford...?
    Well that's one player in six games, problem solved. 
  • MacGillivray
    Lavelle - Pearce - Clare
    Jaiyesimi - Dobson - Purrington
    Lee - Fraser
    Stockley - Leko

I'd probably rather replace Leko up front with Lee and have Gilbey alongside Fraser.

good preview, think we'll nick a point.
  • MacGillivray
    Lavelle - Pearce - Clare
    Lee - Fraser
    Stockley - Leko

I'd probably rather replace Leko up front with Lee and have Gilbey alongside Fraser.

With you 100% on that.
  • Wont be much if a change, Leko in for Burstow basically.

McGillivray
         Lavelle Pearce Gunter
                      Dobson
      DJ     Fraser    Lee  Purrington
              Stockley  Leko

Personally, would have gone back to the 433/4231/451/4123 whatthefuxkever over the last few weeks,especially given the striking options, plus, you know, good to have a second formation we're adept at playing and we did build a squad for 433 after all.

Same players as

McGillivray
    Gunter Lavelle Pearce Purrington
                        Dobson
                  Fraser       Lee
     DJ                                    Leko
                     Stockley

Just feels a bit more, I dunno, comfortable

Anyway, a hard fought 1-1 and another weekend of arguing result v performance.
  • The excitement is difficult to contain. 
  • Reckon we might sneak this. Prey Harry Pell gets injured or whatever as the guy is an utter wang.

1-0 Stockley
  • MacGillivray
    Lavelle - Pearce - Clare
    Lee - Fraser
    Stockley - Leko

Would Clare have ever played in that position?
    There may be a possibility they’ll go with 
    Clare - Lavelle - Pearce if it didn’t work out well in training with Clare on the left. Mind you, Gunter did ok there last week, although he’s more experienced. 
  • I'd genuinely rather Jacko played himself ahead of Gunter
  • The excitement is difficult to contain. 
    I use these pal...

• Sponsored links:

• No way should we play Lee and Fraser together, it'll leave us far too open in a game where we will need to be strong defensively. I'd much rather play Morgan alongside one of them, at least he'll give us more energy and pressing. Or Clare, rather than putting him back in defence.
  • I’m more looking forward to the new sports bar at the ground than the football. 2-1 Accrington 
  • No way should we play Lee and Fraser together, it'll leave us far too open in a game where we will need to be strong defensively. I'd much rather play Morgan alongside one of them, at least he'll give us more energy and pressing. Or Clare, rather than putting him back in defence.
    I think this is a question I would like to see the answer to before the end of the season.  If Dobson and Fraser are two of the three who, not necessarily who but what type, would the 3rd man be next season?

I think the best fit at the club would be JFC, in terms of style and role. 
  • Crap season. Crap league. Crap fixture.

& to make things even more depressing the bookies have Accrington Stanley down as the favourites to win.
  • cabbles said:
    I’m going to this after missing our first trip up there in 2018 because I was a stag and last season being in lockdown.  Fully expect a day of frivolity on the Bayliss executive coach, Valley Cafe at 7.15am, aboard at 8.15am, greeted by John from Larkfield who left at 11pm the previous night.  Cramped seats, irrelevant musings to fill the journey up there. Stop at a service station around 10.30am for a coffee at costa that will set me back £13.67.  We’ll all be right off our tits when the lemon drizzle and marble cake gets passed around just after midday.

Waste away the next few hours as we arrive around 1.30pm.  I may go for a drink or decide to go straight into the ground and sit in solitude watching the mediocre dross warm up, wondering which of our midfield dynamos will start.  Check twitter at 2pm, let out a sigh when I see Gilbey is starting.  Spend the next 55mins alone with my thoughts, pondering if this is what purgatory looks like.

3pm kick off. 3.12pm goal Accrington Harry Pell.  We have a corner on or around the 37th minute but manage to hold on and go in only 1 down at half time, a half full of lots of pointing from Gilbey and mistimed runs by Burstow as Morgan tries several Hollywood balls over the top.

4.22pm Stockley lashes out in frustration, we’re down to 10 men.  Because Accrington aren’t that good they take their time to kill us off, but at 4.39pm they finally get their second and it’s 6 defeats in 7.

Back on the coach by about 5.05pm.  Fidget, checking in between here for post match views and twitter to fire off a few angry tweets. Get triggered by Jason Pearce tweeting ‘we let you down, not the result we wanted today, but we’ll be working hard to put it right against Gillingham on Tuesday’.  Watch Jackson’s post match interview with Minto on twitter, Jackson agitated, not looking into the camera complaining that we were in it until Stockley got sent off, references our corner in the 37th minute and tell us he hasn’t seen the Stockley incident yet to give an opinion, but it’s another blow and we go into another game on Tuesday without a senior forward.  Minto nodding sympathetically for the 5 minute duration of the interview.

Finish watching that, check back on here for post match views.  Someone says Purrington was okay and they think we should extend his stay as he’ll be good back up for next season.

More inane mutterings from my fellow lost souls as we slowly creep out of Lancashire, throwing around platitudes like ‘at least the season’s almost over’ and ‘we’ll probably get enough points to stay up’

8.45pm making good progress but coach drivers by law must change over.  Enforced stop south of Northampton.  I don’t need food but convince myself I need to sink £43.66 on BLT, coke and Cadbury whispa meal deal in WHSmith.

Get back on coach.  Calculate how long it will take to hit the Dagenham & Redbridge roundabout as we come off the m11.  Momentary hit of endorphins as I realise it’s only 15 minutes until we disembark.  Mistakenly engage one of the fellow lost souls across the aisle to me because I am excited the nightmare is almost over.  Realise it was a mistake within seconds as they want to talk about who we should keep in the summer and I’m suddenly sucked back into hell as I have to nod whilst they we should give Lee a permanent deal.

10.10pm, coach pulls up on the woolwich road.  Polite goodbyes, and another 16 hours of my life dissipates into the ether 
    First class. Proper chuckle.
  • edited March 2022
    A point of playing two up front is to occupy the opposing defence creating space and opportunities in other areas of the pitch. But when you are playing Burstow or Leko as one or both of that two it really defeats the object. I agree that Jacko has been pursuing this option for too long but when we get Washington back it becomes viable again of course.
  • Not burstow not matthews yes to Fraser and DJ
  • Oh and no Morgan 
  • Originally I fancied us to sneak this but the more I think about it perhaps not. John Coleman sets his team up as he does and it is not pretty to watch. Horrible even. So the minute they start to lose the crowds will get even smaller. Not yet though. 1-0 Accrington.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    No way should we play Lee and Fraser together, it'll leave us far too open in a game where we will need to be strong defensively. I'd much rather play Morgan alongside one of them, at least he'll give us more energy and pressing. Or Clare, rather than putting him back in defence.
    I think this is a question I would like to see the answer to before the end of the season.  If Dobson and Fraser are two of the three who, not necessarily who but what type, would the 3rd man be next season?

I think the best fit at the club would be JFC, in terms of style and role. 
    You need a box to box midfielder, i.e. someone who can do the defensive side, but can also break forward and get into the box

Gilbey was meant to be that player, but isn't really contributing enough at either end. A fit JFC would be ideal...