Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hall of Fame Vote 2022

It is time to cast your votes for this year's entries into the Hall of Fame. As usual there are three categories and the candidates are as follows:-

Pre-1950  Jack Horton, Jimmy Oakes, Monty Wilkinson
1951-85  Benny Fenton, Peter Reeves, Phil Warman
1986 to date  Steve Brown, Yann Kermorgant, Robert Lee

You may need to look up the career records of the candidates in the early category if you were not watching Charlton in the !920's or 1930's, but all nine deserve your consideration. Voting is simple, just click on     https://surveyhero.com/c/d9qdhhmb and away you go. Voting will close on5th April and names of the winners announced at the Player of the Year Dinner on 1st May.

Comments

• In case you are wondering who is already in the Hall of Fame or why Bartram and Hales have been ignored.
  • Bartram

Croker  Rufus Hewie  Chris Powell

Bailey Smith Kinsella

Firmani Vaughan Hurst
  • Pre-1950  Jimmy Oakes
    1951-85  Phil Warman
    1986 to date  Yann Kermorgant
  • Monty Wilkinson
    Phil Warman
    Robert Lee (but I wanted to vote for all three)
  • Wilkinson 
    Reeves
    Lee
  • Tough category I would have voted for Brown, Lee and Kermorgant against almost anyone else.
  • Jack Horton
    Phil Warman
    Yann Kermorgant,

• Sponsored links:

• Wilkinson
    Warman
    Kermorgant
  • I can’t believe that folks think Phil Warman was better than Peter Reeves. If it wasn’t for a career ending injury, he would gone on to play at a higher level, IMO
  • MrOneLung said:
    Now Kermorgant was a fantastic player but just not sure 89 performances is enough to get on his first ballot

so for me it is

Oakes
    Warman
    Brown 
    It's his second ballot @MrOneLung

He finished runner up to Jason Euell last year.
  • edited March 2022
    Hal1x said:
    Tough category I would have voted for Brown, Lee and Kermorgant against almost anyone else.
    Which is why there are different eras
  • oakes
    reeves
    lee 
  • Kermorgant was so influential in his too short time that it’s just gotta be him. If Brown gets it he’ll still be half way through his thank you speech when voting starts for next year!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Now Kermorgant was a fantastic player but just not sure 89 performances is enough to get on his first ballot

so for me it is

Oakes
    Warman
    Brown 
    It's his second ballot @MrOneLung

He finished runner up to Jason Euell last year.
    Cheers Henry 

food for thought, not voted officially yet 
  • Oakes 
    Reeves
    Brown
  • Stig said:

Robert Lee

V453

1983-92

Skilful midfielder/forward who was central to the 1986 promotion winning side and the subsequent Charlton teams that held the club’s place in top flight despite the terrible disadvantage of playing in exile. 

Scored 39 goals in 234 appearances before being sold for £700k, helping to fund the return to The Valley.

Went on to make 703 professional appearances at club level. Also earned 20 full England caps.

Father of The White Pele.

The Robert Lee stats aren't right. It was 65 goals in 343 appearances (59 goals in 298 league appearances)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Who picks the nominees from each era? (Sorry may have missed this) I liked/loved Yann but don’t understand how in 10 years of a hall of fame process he gets in the top 3 twice? 
  • Stig said:

Robert Lee

V453

1983-92

Skilful midfielder/forward who was central to the 1986 promotion winning side and the subsequent Charlton teams that held the club’s place in top flight despite the terrible disadvantage of playing in exile. 

Scored 39 goals in 234 appearances before being sold for £700k, helping to fund the return to The Valley.

Went on to make 703 professional appearances at club level. Also earned 20 full England caps.

Father of The White Pele.

The Robert Lee stats aren't right. It was 65 goals in 343 appearances (59 goals in 298 league appearances)
    Thank you. I've corrected it now.
  • Oakes
    Reeves
    Kermorgant
  • Oakes
    Reeves
    Kermorgant
    Ditto.
  • edited March 2022
    It is time to cast your votes for this year's entries into the Hall of Fame. As usual there are three categories and the candidates are as follows:-

You may need to look up the career records of the candidates in the early category if you were not watching Charlton in the !920's or 1930's, but all nine deserve your consideration. Voting is simple, just click on     https://surveyhero.com/c/d9qdhhmb and away you go. Voting will close on5th April and names of the winners announced at the Player of the Year Dinner on 1st May.

Who's this Robert Lee bloke?  I've heard of Rob Lee, good player at Newcastle by all accounts.
  • Who picks the nominees from each era? (Sorry may have missed this) I liked/loved Yann but don’t understand how in 10 years of a hall of fame process he gets in the top 3 twice? 
    Each year the winners go into the hall of fame and the runners up get another go the next year hence Yann is back.

@killerjerrylee picks the name.
  • Nice to see we were selling our players to Chelsea even in the 20s!!

Jimmy Oakes
    Peter Reeves
    Steve Brown

Certainly not going to get into an argument with the late Colin Cameron over the first category
  • Who picks the nominees from each era? (Sorry may have missed this) I liked/loved Yann but don’t understand how in 10 years of a hall of fame process he gets in the top 3 twice? 
    The player who comes second in each category is re-listed the following year with two new names. In 2021 Yann came second to Jason Euell.
  • It is time to cast your votes for this year's entries into the Hall of Fame. As usual there are three categories and the candidates are as follows:-

Who's this Robert Lee bloke?  I've heard of Rob Lee, good player at Newcastle by all accounts.
    Was always Robert at Charlton 
  • Oakes
    Warman
    Brown
    ...is the correct answer.