Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nile John

124»

Comments

• If he is such a hot prospect why is JJ not playing him?
    Have we taken a teenager on loan from one of the big clubs who a section of their fans haven’t hyped up as brilliant player?
  • edited April 2022
    If he is such a hot prospect why is JJ not playing him?
    Adkins didn't play Dobson 🤷‍♂️
  • If John had made a couple of appearances, even off the bench, and had been rubbish, then perhaps it would be more understandable, but it's ridiculous that he's not featured at all in the TWO months he's been here. At least the likes of Matt Smith, Levitt and Matt Smith 2 all got a bit of game time fairly soon after signing.

It really begs the question why we brought him in, as he seems to be a the backup to the backup players. It's as if -
    We're losing week after week - not the right time to throw in a youngster
    We're now on a winning run - not the time to change a winning side
  • Spurs have sold him down the river, sending him to us. 
    Can a player be Charltonised after just training?

Yes, it can even happen if you are just using the car park to turn round in.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    The point is Fraser was signed after John, and Fraser been a target for 18 months, so you are not going to sign him and bench him! Doesn't mean John has been Charltonlised, or is a bad player, or the manager doesn't rate him. 

Fraser is going to be a big player for next year, so that is the more important project for Charlton..
    Agree. He also looked very lightweight for the U23’s. Showed some nice touches towards the end of the game but did not look ready for the mens game just yet.
    I suspect Spurs are just unchuffed at the fact that he is unlikely to be getting a lucrative gig in the Championship next season.  
  • These meandering river references are inSeine and Severn League standard, anyone mention Fish yet? Humberleivable Jeff.
  • It was a weak impulsive, even desperate, decision to sign him when we did.
    From the little I have seen Cassilas is better (better than Soare too).
    No aspersions on John.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    The point is Fraser was signed after John, and Fraser been a target for 18 months, so you are not going to sign him and bench him! Doesn't mean John has been Charltonlised, or is a bad player, or the manager doesn't rate him. 

Fraser is going to be a big player for next year, so that is the more important project for Charlton..
    You're spot on but to be honest i don't think anyone is saying NJ should be starting games ahead of Fraser, more that it's just a surprise he's not even being given minutes off the bench.

He's also not (as far as i'm aware) even been playing much for our U23s so basically the kid is just training and going home. He could do that with much better players at Spurs, so what's the point?

I'm also not buying the 'we have 6 loans so he can't play' excuse, because one of the loans is Castillo and he's not been playing either.
  • It's weird that the player who was signed in case we didn't get Fraser was never subbed on or started in place of Fraser when he was struggling to return to fitness following Covid. You'd think given the unexpected loss of fitness Fraser had having a back-up we deemed good enough in place of him would be great news. Strange all round
  • Sponsored links:

• I do not find anything strange in this signing. It was the usual last minute "get some bodies through the door" approach that we have seen in the last two seasons.

John & Castillo were just a bit of padding for the squad and something to keep the fans happy "Oooh look we have signed two players".

Hopefully this nonsense will stop in the upcoming window.
  • It's weird that the player who was signed in case we didn't get Fraser was never subbed on or started in place of Fraser when he was struggling to return to fitness following Covid. You'd think given the unexpected loss of fitness Fraser had having a back-up we deemed good enough in place of him would be great news. Strange all round
    This.

No argument about playing Fraser in front of John, but Fraser missed a number of games due to Covid & John was nowhere to be seen. 
  • I do not find anything strange in this signing. It was the usual last minute "get some bodies through the door" approach that we have seen in the last two seasons.

John & Castillo were just a bit of padding for the squad and something to keep the fans happy "Oooh look we have signed two players".

Pound to a penny it wont.

Pound to a penny it wont.
    I wont be holding my breath Golfie.
  • Despite not being good enough for us he’s signed a new contract with Spurs until 2025.
  • Scoham said:
    Despite not being good enough for us he’s signed a new contract with Spurs until 2025.
    And yet to make a senior appearance for anyone.