Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nile John

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    I heard the same rumour last week
    Source?
  • Options
    Oh bollocks Exiled got there first.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    iaitch said:
    If only Tamar Tuna was still with us.
    He didn’t know where the net was though. 
  • Options
    Now Tyreece John-Jules has gone elsewhere we could still do with another Midfielder
  • Options
    I've heard he puts a decent ball down the channels.
  • Options
    Now hes get the delta variant 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    All puns / jokes aside, this would be a bad move. He was a good keeper in his day but he must be past it now. Also, he really pissed me off with those celebrations at QPR. Frankly, I'd rather have Bob Bolder.
  • Options
    Too late to play in his Dad’s competition, the Papa John.
  • Options
    I think we, like him, are up the river , without a paddle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    I heard the same rumour last week
    Source?
    Apparently high in the mountains of Rwanda...
  • Options
    https://t.co/g0aMve80rM

Jacko on John’s and Castillo’s lack of game time 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

after one point from seven games, if Castillo and John have players who 'are ahead of them' in the pecking order, it sends bad signals about our signing criteria .. what was the point of bringing them in ? .. I repeat, we are too good (or are we nowadays) to be treated as a testing facility for other club's youngsters .. it also indicates that our own academy juniors are nowhere near up to scratch that we have to bring in untried kids from other clubs .. seems our signing and youth selection programmes both need overhauling
  • Options
    Diplomatic way of saying neither are up to it. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Diplomatic way of saying neither are up to it. 
    Didn’t take Fraser long to get on the pitch before and after Covid.
  • Options
    Spurs furious apparently.

Can only harm our chances of getting any young Prem players on loan.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-furious-as-nile-john-loan-to-charlton-athletic-turns-sour/
  • Options
    Must be given a chance now we are safe although it depends on what Jacko has seen in training. 
  • Options
    Well......Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool have all had players on loan to us of late that could not make it into our awesome first team.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Well......Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool have all had players on loan to us of late that could not make it into our awesome first team.
    Liverpool would have been content with us playing Liam Millar in 27 league games last season. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Spurs furious apparently.

Can only harm our chances of getting any young Prem players on loan.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-furious-as-nile-john-loan-to-charlton-athletic-turns-sour/
    What chances are these?
    The Jan 22 loans, plus issues with other players currently on loan, doesn't convince me that the 5 or 6 loanees Sandgaard is planning to get for the 22/23 Championship push are going to be any better.
    Did Jackson really want John?
    Or was John dumped on Jackson?
    I'm not convinced that Jacko has that much say in player signings despite what others might claim...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    We were in a terrible run of games, Jackson’s performance related contract would have been his main concern. If NJ was tearing up trees on the training ground fair enough but circumstances overtook events. Unfortunately for Spurs their player was in the wrong place wrong time, sometimes sh1t happens.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

after one point from seven games, if Castillo and John have players who 'are ahead of them' in the pecking order, it sends bad signals about our signing criteria .. what was the point of bringing them in ? .. I repeat, we are too good (or are we nowadays) to be treated as a testing facility for other club's youngsters .. it also indicates that our own academy juniors are nowhere near up to scratch that we have to bring in untried kids from other clubs .. seems our signing and youth selection programmes both need overhauling
    I would have to argue the last point, our youngsters seem to be doing very well u18 & u23, they're probably are there or there abouts, just not quite ready to step up.

We don't want to rush our youngsters, although i assume we thought both Nile and John were slightly ahead.  Although its crazy when we had a bad streak that we didn't at least give them some minutes to see how they would do.

I am sure Spurs and Chelsea will not be too happy, so could hurt us getting anymore youngsters from either in the future. 

• Options
    Some transfers work, some don’t, some loans work, some don’t. 

The lower you get down the football league the more variable this is. 

This is consistent for pretty much every team. 
  • Options
    Have Spurs ever loaned us anyone that is good? 
  • Options
    We signed John and a few days later signed Fraser, which we couldn't have been certain about.
    Fans were discussing a top half finish. 
    Then we lost 6 on the trot and couldn't afford to throw in a young loanee, if we didn't think he would definitely be an improvement. 
  • Options
    20/30 years ago when you brought a player in on loan they would go straight into your starting eleven. Now clubs just loan players in as squad fillers. John is that example 
  • Options
    I’m not surprised he hasn’t been a regular starter considering our need to pick up points, but it is odd that he hasn’t even featured at the end of games. 
  • Options
    Parrett wasn't awful was he? Although I seem to remember he didn't feature all that much
  • Options
    For the oldies on here, we had someone late 70's(?) who scored a cracker in the covered end against the spanners. Not sure we saw him again. Name anyone?