Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Probably not wanting to risk someone who is working back from a significant injury on wet pitch as their first game back.
    Back in May then
    Or just let him get some more time on the training pitch first where players aren't diving in on challenges looking to injure him.
    Is it only Tuesday where opponents challenge him then? 
    No. But he's only been back in full training a few days at best! 

Don't think I'd risk him on a wet pitch. Team mates won't dive in on a wet pitch in training.

Don't try to be so awkward.
    Football is a winter sport. Rain is a necessary occupational hazard. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Probably not wanting to risk someone who is working back from a significant injury on wet pitch as their first game back.
    Back in May then
    Or just let him get some more time on the training pitch first where players aren't diving in on challenges looking to injure him.

Don't think I'd risk him on a wet pitch. Team mates won't dive in on a wet pitch in training.

But Rose tinted Robo told us he was fit for Saturday...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Back in May then

Probably best we sell him to a club in Saudi then.
  • Options
    This is becoming a parody
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    If he was fit last Saturday he’s had four days to get injured in training so the probability is he’s out for mother couple of months. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    We changed formation last night, sure it didn't work out but it did change the game. We took back control and looked much better than we had for the 20 odd minutes before. 

We dominated possession and chances for 75% of the game. Sure it sucks that we failed to score a second, but to say we have no plan B is incorrect. We just didn't have an effective plan B. 

Start:

Wollacott
    Clare - Inniss - O'Connell - Chin
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Payne
    Rak-Sakyi - Leaburn - B.Taylor

Finish:
    Wollacott
    Clare - Inniss - O'Connell - Clayden
    Jaiyesimi - Morgan - Dobson - Payne
    Stockley - Rak-Sakyi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    No idea wtf is going on.  It was Chuks himself saying he was fit and ready to go over a week ago.
    obviously his idea of match fit differs from the medical team 
    I did ask earlier in the week how someone like Aneke gets match fit and also made the point that I wasn't just talking about the ability to play 90 minutes.

It seems to me that he and the medical team are walking a bit of a tightrope. They need to get him fit enough to play and push his body to the limits required to be a competitive footballer but, in doing that, they run the risk of him getting injured again. And so the vicious circle starts all over again.

Of course, the situation is a confused one because  throughout his spells with us, the nature of the injury/injuries and his recovery have been shrouded in secrecy. If that is the way that he and the Club need to handle things then so be it but, knowing his situation, it does beggar belief as to why we offered him a three and a half year contract. It is this decision that is actually preventing us from getting the forward we really want right now because our budget is so diminished by his presence.
  • Options
    Could have done with Chucks last night though.

Imagine he would have dropped back into midfield pulling central defenders with him while Miles and / or other midfielders pushed forward into the space.

Just dreaming!
  • Options
    pretty sure with 30 mins of Chuks last night that draw would've been a win
  • Options
    Dunno... What chances did we create that Chuks would have put away that others didnt? - Maybe as a 4-4-2 with Jayden / Chuks we'd have created more, but could equally ask if we'd have gone to that formation in the first place.
  • Options
    Dunno... What chances did we create that Chuks would have put away that others didnt? - Maybe as a 4-4-2 with Jayden / Chuks we'd have created more, but could equally ask if we'd have gone to that formation in the first place.
    A great cross went into Stockley from (I think) Albie, that Stockley put over the bar.

Anyway, that’s not how football works. I’m sure with Chuks on the pitch the game would have been different.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oh and to those saying our season is over in September, go have a lay down... You're losing it. 
    I've only just got up!  :*
  • Options
    A great cross went into Stockley from (I think) Albie, that Stockley put over the bar.

Anyway, that’s not how football works. I’m sure with Chuks on the pitch the game would have been different.
    If my auntie had balls... She'd be my uncle

Can only really reflect on what actually happened, and the chances that were created
  • Options

If my auntie had balls... She'd be my uncle

Can only really reflect on what actually happened, and the chances that were created
    Squadron advertisements in fleet carriers and stations  Frontier Forums

Genuinely though, the ball fell to Stockley a few times and his passes or flicks were poor. Aneke runs through players with the ball, he can dribble, he can shoot and he can pass. 

Personally I also feel that in the moments Stockley received the ball, Aneke would have been more threatening. It's a moot point though because Chuks wasn't there, he wasn't even on the bench.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This is becoming a parody
    This is way way beyond parody

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chuks isn't available, nor is he likely to be anytime soon.
    "Might have beens" are irrelevant - much like Chuks
  • Options
    Any reason somebody mentioned Chuks is now fully fit when he isn't? 

Hacked account? Left phone out in the pubs while popping to the toilet?
  • Options
    Which game we will see him return

Fleetwood - 17th Sep
    Barnsley - 24th Sep
    Oxford - 1st Oct
    Lincoln - 8th Oct
    Pompey - 17th Oct 
    None of the above 

• Options
    Don't want to rush Chuks back too quickly.
  • Options
    Any news????
  • Options
    Swisdom said he was fit - any news Swisdom?  Chucks is our last roll of the striking dice  
  • Options
    Don't want to rush Chuks back too quickly.
    The risk with that approach is he will get injured again before he gets back!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Manage his time as Bowyer did. Sub when the opposition are tired. Good chance he'll get the goals we need
  • Options
    Chuks will eventually be featured on Ancient Aliens with Touskalis and Von Daniken

They’ll tell a tale of a mythical cheat code who used to score goals in League One for fun after coming off the bench, and was at his most prolific circa 20/21.  For the rest of us, he’s our Loch Ness Monster 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!