Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Norwich | FA Cup 3rd Round | Sunday 9th January 2022, 2pm | Match Preview

Comments

• clive said:
    ALL managers say that before the game, that they love and respect the cup etc

Then when you see the teamsheet it's
    A is tired and needs a rest
    B has a slight strain
    C can't be risked after recovering from a muscle injury
    The youngsters deserve their chance etc

• clive said:

B has a slight strain

Norwich have West Ham and then Everton next... Hopefully they see them as bigger fixtures.
  • We’re 6 points from relegation , we need to get our priorities right .
  • clive said:

B has a slight strain

Norwich have West Ham and then Everton next... Hopefully they see them as bigger fixtures.
    We've got Crewe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Hartlepool coming next  :D
  • clive said:

B has a slight strain

We've got Crewe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Hartlepool coming next  :D
    Much prefer to be in League One :) 
  • Seeing some of the results today, makes me more up for it 2mo.  Hope the team are to.  Only thing that’s going to make the season worth anything is if we can go on a little run and maybe get a big club at home, and that includes going any further in the Papa John’s 

• Ben18 said:
    Date: 9th January 2022, 2pm k/o
    Competition: FA Cup 3rd Round
    Opposition: Norwich City

Introduction

Following our win at Gateshead, every Charlton fan would have been gripped to the TV, watching on as David Seaman chuckled his way through the Third Round Draw. After avoiding a dull Championship away day, we got what we wanted; a Premier League team at home. Unfortunately that team was Norwich.

With the playoffs seemingly miles away, the cup competitions have given us something else to be mildly optimistic about in recent weeks.

There are no replays in this year's FA Cup 3rd and 4th round. Teams can use up to 5 substitutes.

The Opposition

Norwich City

Nickname - The Canaries
    Formed - 1902
    Current League Position - 20th (English Premier League)
    Manager - Dean Smith
    Captain - Grant Hanley
    Top Goalscorer - Teemu Pukki (5 goals)

The current biggest yo-yo around, Norwich look set to return to the Championship at the end of the season. Back to back wins at the start of November (under different managers) are long forgotten, as the Canaries lost all 5 games in December without scoring a goal. It's only a few months ago that they were coming up to the Premier League as champions so will be dangerous.

Their New Year's Day fixture against Leicester was postponed due to covid cases within the squad. Like us, they're back in action on Wednesday so unlikely they'll risk too many of their 'stars'. They've had quite a few injuries, including Pukki who is unlikely to start an FA Cup game when they're only 3 points from safety.

Young strikers Adam Idah (Hat trick in the FA Cup 3rd round a couple of years ago) and Josh Sargent will most likely lead the line for them. 

Team News

We know Famewo can't be involved against his parent club, and Stockley could be out for a while with a hip issue. Minutes for Inniss and Matthews on Tuesday night could see either of them starting this one, especially with 5 substitutes being allowed.

Henderson has played the previous rounds so expect him to get the nod in goal. But other than that, I would expect us to play our best team available.

My predicted team:

Henderson

Clare  Elerewe  Pearce
    Jaiyesimi                        Purrington
                        Dobson
                  Gilbey       Lee

Leko  Washington

Prediction

2-1 (Washington, Lee) We're a cup team now.
    That's the old logo. It was recently updated

Why are they still using the old one for their twitter page?
    New crest from next season I believe 
    Nice, simple modernisation. 

Shrewd move is to have a crest that never/rarely needs updating. 
  • Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Has anyone managed to find a stream yet ?
    Has anyone ever watched on paddypower? They appear to offer the stream if you register with them by making a £20 bet - that you get back if you lose.
    Is it not on CharltonTV?
  • Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Has anyone ever watched on paddypower? They appear to offer the stream if you register with them by making a £20 bet - that you get back if you lose.
    Is it not on CharltonTV?
    Nope
  • Sponsored links:

• Groan. This again. I see
  • Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Is it not on CharltonTV?
    I think coaches leave Carrow Road at 9:30am ...

😉
  • edited January 2022
    I think Norwich won't play with bodies behind the ball, crowding their box, like Wycombe and Plymouth (who were at home). This admission that they can't go toe to toe with us is mitigated by the fact that it works against us. Something we need to address with one or two additions. But whilst that is how Norwich probably should approach tomorrow for the best chance of a result, I just don't think they as a Premier League team can really stoop that low and this should play into our hands. I can see us winning by two goals.
  • looking at the tickets sold it was definitely the right thing to open the north upper - COYR!!
  • Looking forward to this.
    The Delia smith v Tony Cahones Derby 

• Bored today so paid a little more attention than usual to FA Cup. Interesting that more teams seemed to play strong sides today than if late. And quite a few shocks. Hope both trends continue. 
  • No Stockley & no Famewo. When that happened recently we lost.

Started Davison last week & lost.

Norwich might be bottom of the Premier League & their confidence shot to pieces but they will have way too much nous to be beaten by us.

Comfortable 4-0 away win. 

• Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Is it not on CharltonTV?
    Apparently not available anywhere other than ESPN (USA). Then I found paddypower offering it up. I assumed that if they were offering live games for free someone on here would have knowledge.
  • The magic of the cup 2022 is alive and well.

If you are overseas or can't get to the game for other reasons you can tune in to listen on the radio for audio commentary.

Absolute joke! 

No wonder people don't care about it anymore.

Maybe next year the FA Cup commentary will be transmitted in Morse code or via two blokes in baggy shorts doing semaphore on the roof of the Jimmy Seed stand.

Saves me staying up late anyway. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Is it not on CharltonTV?
    Apparently not available anywhere other than ESPN (USA). Then I found paddypower offering it up. I assumed that if they were offering live games for free someone on here would have knowledge.
    I went on to Paddy Power live chat to check and, while they didn't 100% confirm it, they said they will have some games available for those placing bets. They said that which ones would be confirmed on Sunday morning. So... should be available via them. 

If it's on ESPN USA, there should be some moody links available just before kick off, too eh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely woke up excited about today’s game. 

Cannot understand why anyone who trudges along to league games against the likes of Morecambe and Fleetwood wouldn’t want to be at The Valley for a chance of a cup upset and being in the draw for the next round.

We’ve a poor recent history in the competition but that doesn’t automatically mean we’ll flop today. I’m certain Jacko is going to have a team out to have a right go at it and a good crowd could play a big part in that. 

Come on you Addicks

Same.
    Now just to spend the next 4 hours pacing up and down the living room moaning about people not wearing masks on the bus with the Mrs saying isn't time you went.

Cannot understand why anyone who trudges along to league games against the likes of Morecambe and Fleetwood wouldn’t want to be at The Valley for a chance of a cup upset and being in the draw for the next round.

We’ve a poor recent history in the competition but that doesn’t automatically mean we’ll flop today. I’m certain Jacko is going to have a team out to have a right go at it and a good crowd could play a big part in that. 

Come on you Addicks

Same.
    Now just to spend the next 4 hours pacing up and down the living room moaning about people not wearing masks on the bus with the Mrs saying isn't time you went.

If it’s only a bus journey you could always set off earlier and walk

Come on you Addicks

Same.

Nice idea but i spend all week on my feet. Weekends are rest time.
  • Just watched some of the highlights on MOTD from yesterday- so many games show the importance of shots on target. Shoot on target, it might go in. Something we need to improve on for the rest of the season.
  • The Charlton game is listed here for being streamed...

Links might not work though

I advise that you use a Ad Blocker before clicking on it though

https://en.viprow.me/sports-football-online
    https://stream2watch.vip/football

Come on you Addicks

Same.

Nice idea but i spend all week on my feet. Weekends are rest time.
    ‘pacing up and down the living room’ ?

it's the excitement of the FA cup.
  • Anyone noticed we’re only 2/1 to win??
  • No Stockley = No win
    Sadly this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!