Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth away tickets (31st January) on sale

13»

Comments

• We are the only club in Kent so we should be attracting more fans really. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    We are the only club in Kent so we should be attracting more fans really. 
    I am guessing that’s meant as a joke ? 
  • 1100 sold 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    You have guessed correctly, please leave a LOL. 
  • 1,000+ sold given everything at the mo, on TV and on a Monday is incredible 
    for us ...

if pompey turned up with less than 2k in the same circumstances i'd think that's shit (for them)

think i heard they had 3k up at sunderland on saturday 
    Population of 250k and a one city club.

Our fan base is about 40k at a push.

Population of Greenwich 280k one club borough 
    pompeys fan base prolly 60k at a push 
    Mainly arsenal in Greenwich I reckon.

Too many clubs in london and dilutes support of the least successful ones as anyone in a london postcode or home county who isn't a weirdo gravitates to the glory boy big clubs.

It's quality over quantity anyway.

Our away  numbers will improve when we're in Europe in 4 years.
    Also Greenwich has a MUCH higher percentage of "new" families to the area than Portsmouth, whether immigrants or people who've moved to the area, many of which will take existing allegiances with them. A major source of support is it being passed down from parents to children.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    You have guessed correctly, please leave a LOL. 
    I won’t as not at all funny! 
  • 1100 surprises me for a Monday night game on TV.
    I was expecting about 600.
  • Portsmouth is a good away day and we usually seem to put in a decent performance down there so that may have helped sales. Well done to everyone going
  • What is the population of London and the Home Counties 🤷‍♂️

Probably nearing 10 million.  Conservatively about 75%- 95% of them are expats from places like Sunderland, Leeds and Portsmouth hence why they always have good away numbers in London as they are local games for them. 

I expect there is probably about 14 Charlton fans still in SE postcodes, maybe 40 odd in greater london and the rest of us living miles away from the valley.  

Everyone in the catchment area of the club now is probably originally from up north or abroad, posh students not into football and middle class types who favour craft beer clubs like Dulwich Hamlet and Clapton. 

Based on this flawless empirical study I think our away followings both in terms of quality and quantity is nothing short of remarkably impressive.

If it was done on a proportionate basis it would probably rival that of Liverpool and Man Utd if truth be told.

:-)
  • Sounds like a train back after the game has been cancelled (from twitter). Worth checking for those going 
  • Sponsored links:

• I just booked three tickets for my grandson so has to collect from the ground. 
    Does anyone know where you collect the tickets from as it doesn't say when you book the tickets.
    Cheers
  • edited January 2022
    Mike said:
    Sounds like a train back after the game has been cancelled (from twitter). Worth checking for those going 
    Oh bollocks, i'm fcked. Have no idea what to do really
  • edited January 2022
    Assume that is the 22.28 from Fratton to Waterloo?  Bollox if so. Last train is at 21.31! So either miss last 15mins or drive. What a load of shite 
  • edited January 2022
    Hmm, the possible train issue was why I decided not to go.
    I feel for everyone that will now have to miss half the 2nd half to catch the 21.31.
    It's a 10/15 minute walk to the station.
    https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/fratton-park-portsmouth.html
  • Mike said:
    Sounds like a train back after the game has been cancelled (from twitter). Worth checking for those going 
    Oh bollocks, i'm fcked. Have no idea what to do really
    Alternative is the 22.23 from Fratton arr Brighton 23.49, dep Brighton 00.04 arr Blackfriars 01.35