Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth away tickets (31st January) on sale

Comments

• Most impressive away support was the game a couple of years ago under Bowyer....came across brilliantly on TV over here....good luck to all travelling
  • Hoping I find a bar in Brasil with Sport TV, can handle 30degs 4 in the afternoon watching the game.
  • 1,000+ sold given everything at the mo, on TV and on a Monday is incredible 
    for us ...

if pompey turned up with less than 2k in the same circumstances i'd think that's shit (for them)

think i heard they had 3k up at sunderland on saturday 
    Ohhaah will find something to moan about.
  • edited January 2022
    Hoping I find a bar in Brasil with Sport TV, can handle 30degs 4 in the afternoon watching the game.
    I’ll be in Brazil (Rio) 27th March. I think Brazil are playing Bolivia away that weekend. Shame as I’d like to have gone to a match. If you are there before could you turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees..cheers 😎
    for us ...

if pompey turned up with less than 2k in the same circumstances i'd think that's shit (for them)

Was more like 2k, which is still seriously impressive.

No point comparing us to Pompey though, one of the best followings in the country 
  • Similar home numners and in a much worse position to travel around the country than us 
  • Only team for miles though. Huge fan base.
  • Similar home numners and in a much worse position to travel around the country than us 
    Yep indeed  I was at uni at Pompey in the mid '90s and although it was easy enough to get the rattler into Waterloo for home games away games were a non starter. I've done 100s of aways but the years I lived in Pompey I didnt do any. Everywhere was too far so fair play to the Pompey fans who travel. 
  • Sponsored links:

But are those home numbers similar to our actual attendances, or our over inflated ones? 

Pompey have always had a ridiculous following. Fairer comparison for us is someone like QPR.
  • Solidgone said:
    Hoping I find a bar in Brasil with Sport TV, can handle 30degs 4 in the afternoon watching the game.
    I’ll be in Brazil (Rio) 27th March. I think Brazil are playing Bolivia away that weekend. Shame as I’d like to have gone to a match. If you are there before could you turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees..cheers 😎
    I'll be in Belfast then........no, honest.
    Plymouth would take a few as well.
  • Just bought 2
  • Anyone staying ? What hotel is best? 
    Always done down and back ! 
  • 1058 sold
    If ohhaah takes the kids, that'll boost the ticket sales to 1071
    for us ...

Population of 250k and a one city club.

Our fan base is about 40k at a push.

• clb74 said:
    1058 sold
    If ohhaah takes the kids, that'll boost the ticket sales to 1071
    Damn , it’s a school night …..
    standard excuse 
  • Sponsored links:

for us ...

Population of Greenwich 280k one club borough 
    pompeys fan base prolly 60k at a push 
  • I'll be there for this.
    Might be my last awayday for a while though.
    Maybe our new boys will spark a revival.
  • edited January 2022
    1,000+ sold given everything at the mo, on TV and on a Monday is incredible 
    for us ...

Population of Greenwich 280k one club borough 
    pompeys fan base prolly 60k at a push 
    Mainly arsenal in Greenwich I reckon.

Too many clubs in london and dilutes support of the least successful ones as anyone in a london postcode or home county who isn't a weirdo gravitates to the glory boy big clubs.

It's quality over quantity anyway.

Our away  numbers will improve when we're in Europe in 4 years.
  • What is the population of London and the Home Counties 🤷‍♂️
  • Since Portsmouth away under Bowyer our away following has gone through the roof.

Staying in the ibis next to the ground. Only 40 quid for a twin room.
  • Since Portsmouth away under Bowyer our away following has gone through the roof.

It's been very good for us.
    Hoping to pull.
    Good luck ☺
    I'm at the Holiday Inn short walk to the ground.
    Hoping to pull.
    Good luck ☺
    Haha chance be a fine thing. One of the lads is there with me. Although haven't got the heart to tell him. 

Its a twin room, but one bed is  a bunk bed