Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5 sportsmen/women you detest.

Comments

• Options
    Ricky Ponting
    Glenn McGrath
    David Warner
    Lance Armstrong
    Gianni Moscon
  • Options
    Don’t really hate anybody, but Muscat and Pardew also get my vote. Surprised Wayne Rooney hasn’t come up, although if he ends up keeping Derby up he will deserve a lot of respect. 
    I don't have a lot of time for Rooney myself. 
    But can't see that anyone would hate England's all time record goal scorer. 
  • Options
    How can I forget Kevin Muscat. Scumbag.
  • Options
    Kevin Muscat…..for obvious reasons.
    Muhamed Ali……never forgave him for the blatantly intentional split glove stunt……Our ‘enery had him beat all ends up!
    Max Verstappen….he has gained farcical World Champion status under entirely false pretences.
    Steve Smith…..caught cheating as plain as day. IMHO he should have been banned for life, no ifs or buts.
    Diego Maradona….stole the World Cup by cheating and never really acknowledged the fact.

Would be good to think that about Ali, SoundAsa$.  I’m still a huge Henry Cooper fan even after his passing (went to see the Joe Erskine fight which had Joe suspended and ko’d over the middle rope).  ‘Enry was in trouble in the third round with a deep gash over his left eye.  It didn’t stop him attacking though and in the fourth after three jabs he unleashed that left hook which lifted Ali off his feet.  Henry lamented the fact that Ali’s fall was broken by the ropes.  If it had been in the centre of the ring it might have been different.

It’s a myth to imagine Clay (Ali) bought time with his torn glove.  The ref refused to halt the fight and the time lost was only about 3 seconds.  More seriously perhaps was the possibility that Angelo Dundee held smelling salts under Ali’s nose which would have been disqualification had the ref seen it.  So no, I don’t detest Ali.

I go along with those though who mention Tiger Woods.  Cann’t stand him for no other reason I suppose that he’s so successful and shags everything in a skirt that moves.  And Smith and Warner of course - the sandpaper twins - and that obnoxious Aussie tennis player whose name I cannt spell, starts with K.

The only one of my own which I’d mention was that South African sprinter Pistorius with the blades instead of legs who killed his girlfriend after shooting her through the bathroom door pleading it was an accident.  What rubbish.

Incorrect, the delay was in fact 40 seconds.
    Making a total of 1min 40 secs before the bell to resume was sounded…..also Ali came off his stool very slowly, adding another 5 seconds or so to the time when the action actually resumed.
    I watched the fight on utube last night and timed the interval between the 4th and 5th as 70 seconds.  But hey SA we’re both on the same side.  Henry’s a hero.  Always will be.
  • Options
    Thierry Henry, Iain Dowie, Matt Dawson, Nicky Henderson - and in Euro vision style. Pardew
  • Options
    A vote for Ched Evans
    Ched Evans gets all 5 of my votes.
  • Options
    Michael Brown - Would’ve happily paid for a good night out for anyone that snapped him in half.
    Kevin Muscat - as above plus Aussie, Millwall and Palace.

Jamie Carragher - gobshite spitting blinkered scouse cock.
    Danny Mills - needs calling out on his deliberate red card for us and also an issue from his first spell with us that I won’t go into (don’t ask).
    Fernando Forrestieri - takes diving to another level.

• Options
    Has no one mentioned Gary Lineker--king of smug and contempt.
    Robbie Savage--don't understand the media's love for him.
    Roy Keane--could write all his football knowledge on a postage stamp.
    Nathan Lyon---I've seen goats bowl better.
    Kevin Muscat---dirty Aussie thug.
  • Options
    Any 5 Aussie cricketers you pick!!
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited January 2022
    Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

Met Henry on a few ocassions, complete Gentleman, knew his son very well too....lovely blokes
    When I worked at Sadler's Wells I used the tiny sandwich bar on the corner of St John's Street and Roseberry Avenue. Henry Cooper was in there on one occasion and it turned out the bloke who'd been serving me my chicken escalope with tomato and basil panini for the previous 18 month, was one of his sons.
    @Gribbo I met Henry Jnr first off when he was General Manager of a BMW Dealership......When I first talked to him I said, Thats a lovely 7 series with The HC plate, I said jokingly, does it belong to Harry Carpenter...he laughed and said, almost right, its my Dads car in for a service Henry Cooper...that got us chatting as Id met his Dad quite a few times previously. 

Happy days as I used to pop in and have a coffee with him and get to drive all sorts of lovely cars (What do you fancy driving today Tel?) the favourite was a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 which we took out on the road up to Kings Hill at very high speed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mauricio Taricco, cheat, whinger, BUT the protagonist in one of @Leroy Ambrose more spectacularly funny tales (I deleted Ronald Koeman to include Taricco) 
    Muscat, although he'd win biggest c*nt regardless of whether he was ever categorised as a sportsperson
    El Hadj Diouff, serial spitter, belongs in a zoo dirty cowardly prick 
    Jon Jones, all the talent in the world yet can't help himself but be a stupid c*nt 
    Danny Mills, I might be being harsh as I think he has an undiagnosed personality disorder but he is a rancid, nasty, bitter piece of work, never saw him as a hard man more of a cynical, niggly, shit of a full back

Honourable mentions to 

Keith Stevens, Terry Hurlock, Michael Doyle, Connor McGregor, Darren Till, James McClean, Chris Morgan, Matthew Upson (absolute bottler of a centre half and a disgrace for England) 

• Options
    S*l Judas C*mpbell - erm Judas.

Theirry Henry - used to score against Tottenham for fun.  The goal he scored beating 7 or 8 of ours and then running 80 yards back up the pitch to celebrate in front of us with a knee slide... world class b*stard.  

Jack 'ankles are made of crisps' Wilshere - cocky little git.  Used to give us so much stick.  He got his karma when he got strechered off at WHL for Bournemouth when he got crunched by Dembele and Dier.  The cheer when the physio signalled to the bench he had to come off.  No one like seeing players get injured but for him, we make an exception.

John Terry - when will Ledley King and Pascal Chimbonda come out and say what he said when he was sent off back in 2008?  Racist scumbag.

Robbie Savage - getting Justin Edinburgh (RIP) sent off in the 1999 League Cup Final with his play acting.

• Options
    Has no one mentioned Gary Lineker--king of smug and contempt.
    Robbie Savage--don't understand the media's love for him.
    Roy Keane--could write all his football knowledge on a postage stamp.
    Nathan Lyon---I've seen goats bowl better.
    Kevin Muscat---dirty Aussie thug.
    I detest Roy Keane too, however to say his football knowledge could fit on a postage stamp is a bit OTT given his achievements, which surely no one could deny. 
  • Options
    I must be one of the few that finds Robbie Savage quite likeable (at least from his punditry days onwards).

I didn’t like him as a player (who did?), but its rare that he will come out with something that I don’t agree with. The bloke cares a lot about the game at all levels.
  • Options
    Zaha
    Steve Smith
    Warner
    Mahomes
    Pardew

• Options
    Robbie Savage is a funny one, as a player he was an outright wind up merchant as a person he seems pretty decent which is often the case of those types. I remember when a referee excitable signalled for a foul with a slashing movement of his arm catching Savage right in the throat and dropping him, that made me laugh 

As a pundit, like all of them who go on the radio, he is deliberately contrarian to get people wound up and phoning in. Which is frustrating as the man clearly knows an awful lot about the game and understands it. And showed a lot of character to achieve what he did after getting released 
  • Options
    Pardew
    David Beckham
    Vinnie Jones
    John Terry
    Danny Mills
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Robbie Savage is a funny one, as a player he was an outright wind up merchant as a person he seems pretty decent which is often the case of those types. I remember when a referee excitable signalled for a foul with a slashing movement of his arm catching Savage right in the throat and dropping him, that made me laugh 

As a pundit, like all of them who go on the radio, he is deliberately contrarian to get people wound up and phoning in. Which is frustrating as the man clearly knows an awful lot about the game and understands it. And showed a lot of character to achieve what he did after getting released 
    Hard to believe but he only got sent off twice.
    Once in an international and once in a league game.
    How many he got sent off because of his antics is another thing altogether..….quite a few I wouldn’t wonder.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe David Speedie hasn't yet got a mention.  The original pantomime villain.
  • Options
    Has this little willy wonka looking hunt been mentioned. Proper 🔔 end

• Options
    Adam Johnson. Evil human being
    Kevin Muscat. 
    Jamie Carragher. 
    Lewis Hamilton.
    Paula Radcliffe (annoys me so much) 

• Options
    David Warner X 5
  • Options
    Joey Barton has to be high on the list. A horrible, violent thug of a person and not even that good as a player. 
  • Options
    Max Verstappen - arrogant twat
    Christiano Ronaldo - arrogant twat
    Lance Armstrong - arrogant and unrepentant twat
    Pepe - thug twat
    Michael van Gerwen - arrogant twat
  • Options
    Joey Barton - Sub human scum
    Paul Dickov - Used to boil my piss when he played against us
    Clinton Morison - Hates Charlton and I hate him, thick as pig shit too
    Gerwyn Price - Angry Welsh tosser
    Alun Wyn Jones - See above