Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5 sportsmen/women you detest.

Comments

• Options
    I personally don't feel a hate for any of them. It's all for the purpose of entertainment.

Gary Neville does irritate me though. He thinks he's a man of the people and he will always side with people from working class backgrounds.

His efforts are good but I just see through it and see him as a rather overly dramatic gobby whinge repetitive wum.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Name droppers 
    As I wrote that whilst on the shitter does that make me a name plopper?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Name droppers 
    As I wrote that whilst on Nigel Mansel's shitter does that make me a name plopper?
    😉

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Suarez- for the obvious 
    Antonio Margarito- could of killed a man in the ring.
    Adam Johnson- 
    Brock Lesnar- blokes a tool
    Matt Dawson- everything about him just winds me up for some complete unknown reason
    Re Margarito, you can add Luis Resto to that - he effectively killed Billy Collins Jr by having plaster of Paris in his boxing gloves in their bout in 1983 - Collins died in 1984, with his Father believing that the car accident that killed him was actually suicide due to the loss of his boxing career from the beating he suffered in that bout (incl a torn iris, which meant he could never box again) 

Look up Billy Collins Jr on Google images - the post bout photos are horrific
    Wow that was horrific
    Just seen the video where his dad shakes his hand and realises theres something wrong with the gloves.
    It’s awful isn’t it - how can you go out to fight knowing that your gloves are going to seriously injure your opponent - I don’t want this to descend into a debate as to whether boxing is acceptable or not - but I simply cannot comprehend that a boxer / trainer would do that - beggars belief 
    Blimey.
    Not into the boxing much,
    But he takes detest to another level.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    John Terry - as above. (And not as good as Solly). 
    Dennis Wise - as above. (Small wind-up merchant who hid behind Fash, etc).
    Scott Parker- He started the down fall of CAFC. (yep, I still seriously think this).
    Warner & Smith - 2 players who should have been banned for life. (Like to think, naively, that if it was 2 English players we would have banned them).
    Tyson Fury - I don't understand the adulation after all his derogatory comments afew years back.

Edit: Forgot 

Harry Redknapp - @boggzy sums him up above.
  • Options
    I read this and thought who would I pick. Then I realised I don’t actually hate or detest any sports people enough to list anyone.
    Now sports administrators, club owners etc I do have a list.
  • Options
    Tom Finney (not the Preston Plumber) who ended Graham Tutts career with a deliberate kick. Dirty little bastard. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Kevin Muscat…..for obvious reasons.
    Muhamed Ali……never forgave him for the blatantly intentional split glove stunt……Our ‘enery had him beat all ends up!
    Max Verstappen….he has gained farcical World Champion status under entirely false pretences.
    Steve Smith…..caught cheating as plain as day. IMHO he should have been banned for life, no ifs or buts.
    Diego Maradona….stole the World Cup by cheating and never really acknowledged the fact.

Would be good to think that about Ali, SoundAsa$.  I’m still a huge Henry Cooper fan even after his passing (went to see the Joe Erskine fight which had Joe suspended and ko’d over the middle rope).  ‘Enry was in trouble in the third round with a deep gash over his left eye.  It didn’t stop him attacking though and in the fourth after three jabs he unleashed that left hook which lifted Ali off his feet.  Henry lamented the fact that Ali’s fall was broken by the ropes.  If it had been in the centre of the ring it might have been different.

It’s a myth to imagine Clay (Ali) bought time with his torn glove.  The ref refused to halt the fight and the time lost was only about 3 seconds.  More seriously perhaps was the possibility that Angelo Dundee held smelling salts under Ali’s nose which would have been disqualification had the ref seen it.  So no, I don’t detest Ali.

I go along with those though who mention Tiger Woods.  Cann’t stand him for no other reason I suppose that he’s so successful and shags everything in a skirt that moves.  And Smith and Warner of course - the sandpaper twins - and that obnoxious Aussie tennis player whose name I cannt spell, starts with K.

The only one of my own which I’d mention was that South African sprinter Pistorius with the blades instead of legs who killed his girlfriend after shooting her through the bathroom door pleading it was an accident.  What rubbish.

• Options
    David Haye and Jamie Carragher have been passengers in my cab and to be honest were quite friendly 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Carragher gob on you?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Muhamed Ali……never forgave him for the blatantly intentional split glove stunt……Our ‘enery had him beat all ends up!
    Max Verstappen….he has gained farcical World Champion status under entirely false pretences.
    Steve Smith…..caught cheating as plain as day. IMHO he should have been banned for life, no ifs or buts.
    Diego Maradona….stole the World Cup by cheating and never really acknowledged the fact.

Would be good to think that about Ali, SoundAsa$.  I’m still a huge Henry Cooper fan even after his passing (went to see the Joe Erskine fight which had Joe suspended and ko’d over the middle rope).  ‘Enry was in trouble in the third round with a deep gash over his left eye.  It didn’t stop him attacking though and in the fourth after three jabs he unleashed that left hook which lifted Ali off his feet.  Henry lamented the fact that Ali’s fall was broken by the ropes.  If it had been in the centre of the ring it might have been different.

It’s a myth to imagine Clay (Ali) bought time with his torn glove.  The ref refused to halt the fight and the time lost was only about 3 seconds.  More seriously perhaps was the possibility that Angelo Dundee held smelling salts under Ali’s nose which would have been disqualification had the ref seen it.  So no, I don’t detest Ali.

I go along with those though who mention Tiger Woods.  Cann’t stand him for no other reason I suppose that he’s so successful and shags everything in a skirt that moves.  And Smith and Warner of course - the sandpaper twins - and that obnoxious Aussie tennis player whose name I cannt spell, starts with K.

The only one of my own which I’d mention was that South African sprinter Pistorius with the blades instead of legs who killed his girlfriend after shooting her through the bathroom door pleading it was an accident.  What rubbish.

Incorrect, the delay was in fact 40 seconds.
    Making a total of 1min 40 secs before the bell to resume was sounded…..also Ali came off his stool very slowly, adding another 5 seconds or so to the time when the action actually resumed.
  • Options

Met Henry on a few ocassions, complete Gentleman, knew his son very well too....lovely blokes
  • Options
    TEL said:

Met Henry on a few ocassions, complete Gentleman, knew his son very well too....lovely blokes
    When I worked at Sadler's Wells I used the tiny sandwich bar on the corner of St John's Street and Roseberry Avenue. Henry Cooper was in there on one occasion and it turned out the bloke who'd been serving me my chicken escalope with tomato and basil panini for the previous 18 month, was one of his sons.
  • Options
    Tim Henman 🤷‍♂️ 
    How can anyone hate him when people like Terry Hurlock existed 
  • Options
    Pardew
    Zaha
    John Terry

They're the only 3 I can think of that get my goat so totally. I don't care enough about other sports. 

• Options
    Les Briley  - cheating wind up arsehole
    John Aldridge - ditto
    Dennis Wise - ditto
    Ian Baird - ditto
    Tim Henman - arsehole

Henman, should  read for making a living at a game  he had no talent for.
    How do you reach grand slam semi finals,without talent at the game.
  • Options
    Muscat ,dont mind hard players,but this guy was a thug
    Pogba,done nothing at United
    Bruno Fernandez,Serial Whinger
    Ben Johnson,for destroying  what is the greatest 10 seconds in sport by his abuse of drugs
    Tony Watt(tongue in cheek) for just wasting his obvious talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 2 most 'fouled' players in the premier league:

Zaha
    Jordan Ayew

Purely coincidental obviously. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Les Briley  - cheating wind up arsehole
    John Aldridge - ditto
    Dennis Wise - ditto
    Ian Baird - ditto
    Tim Henman - arsehole

Henman, should  read for making a living at a game  he had no talent for.
    How do you reach grand slam semi finals,without talent at the game.
    Having plenty of feline "tiger" killer instinct? Grrr
  • Options
    Pardew is dreadful and has been stealing a living over the last 15 years.
    He shouldn't have been a guest on skysports.

He was always lost in his own world and doesn't give a shit about anything. 

Paid off for him though and got him far in life.
  • Options
    Quite hard to detest anyone purely based on what they do in sport. 

Don’t think I’ve detested anyone I haven’t met before, besides maybe the odd politician and bad owner.

But here are a couple of sportspeople I don’t warm to for whatever reason:

- Che Adams - Kept turning down the invite to play for Scotland (a place he had apparently hardly ever visited) until they qualified for the Euros and then he couldn’t wait to jump at the chance. Even if it meant playing against England, his country of birth.

- Wilfred Zaha - obvious reasons. Not helped by the overrating he gets from Palace fans with the whole “he’s just too good for you” nonsense.

- Chris Sutton. Don’t hold much opinion of him from his time as a player, but as a pundit he really grinds my gears. One of those people who comes across as smug and condescending, and seemingly only interested in talking about the big six clubs. People like that in general wind me up.
  • Options
    A vote for Ched Evans
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    zaha - overrated who provably can't be bothered to push himself, got palace to the prem by literally diving
    warner - cheat and flat track bully, falls apart as soon as the ball moves sideways, which is a bit of a problem for an opener dont you think? Smith just about avoids this list because of his extraordinary innings at lords after being out for 18 months and being constantly boooed - cant help but respect that
    kohli - everything that's wrong with modern cricket.
    pardew - serial cheat and liar.
    scott parker - still feel the tinge of pain of what could have been every time i see him on the telly - like seeing an ex girlfriend who broke your heart. 
  • Options
    A vote for Ched Evans
    Also Armstrong, Kohli,  Pardew and have a number of candidates (too many) for my last vote
  • Options
    Neymar - big girls blouse who goes down like a sack of spuds after a meaty challenge from a 5ft and 8st effete midfielder.  And those earrings.  He deserves a massive kicking.

Pardew - for earning a fortune from relegation, and that dance

Mourinho - as above

Steve Evans - obesity

Sergio Ramos - overated cheating bastardo
  • Options
    1 The Australian cricket team. Scum attitudes and yobbo gobshites. 
    2. See number 1
    3. Kevin Muscat. Dirty pond life prick
    4. See number 1
    5. John Terry. Needs no explanation. 
  • Options
    Don’t really hate anybody, but Muscat and Pardew also get my vote. Surprised Wayne Rooney hasn’t come up, although if he ends up keeping Derby up he will deserve a lot of respect.