Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2021 🎅

Comments

• Options
    though it is a great pair of films but the Godfather 1 and 2 is not really very Christmasy 
  • Options
    though it is a great pair of films but the Godfather 1 and 2 is not really very Christmasy 
    Most of my recommendations aren't Christmasy . It would be a dull thread if they were all just Christmas films. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    then again neither is Once upon a time in the west. 
    screw it, go for Once upon a time in America. Up there with the Godfather. 

edit: said all this before @Bedsaddick replied. still watch the Godfather and Once upon a time in America. class. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    CHRISTMAS DAY
    --------------------------------------------------
    3.10PM            -     ITV 4                                                 -     SPARTACUS
    9.00PM            -     FILM4                                               -     JOHN WICK 3 - PARABELLUM

1.45AM            -     FILM4                                               -     IN BRUGES (Recommended film of the day)

7.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                   -     THE GODFATHER
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR     -     ALIEN :DIRECTORS CUT
    10.00PM          -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                   -     THE GODFATHER Part ll

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER                -     TENET
    That includes some great films! 
  • Options
    Going to struggle to get everyone to watch John Wick 3 but fuckem, I’m going to try.

I have paid for this service and I will serve again, maybe. 
  • Options
    Watched Home Alone for the first time this week, amazed ive never watched it before
    Never seen it either.
  • Options
    In Bruges, fantastic film with some real comedy moments but some real dark bits as well. 

Tenet now that’s a film to watch by yourself and concentrate hard on. Even then I was left wondering what’s going on. It does actually have some of the lowest sounds I ever experienced. The only film I’ve had to turn the subwoofer down. Things in my room were moving.
  • Options
    Can’t quite believe Tenet was lumped into the same category as Love Actually. A visual masterpiece  compared to a crass rom com. 
  • Options
    Had high hopes for Tenet when I saw the trailer during the last star wars film. Is it really that bad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had high hopes for Tenet when I saw the trailer during the last star wars film. Is it really that bad?
    Nope. Visually it’s great as per most Nolan films.  

But it’s not an easy film to follow. My wife hated it although she loves all of his other films.  

I enjoyed it … but admit to confusion … intention is to watch again next week now that I have read some online clarifications   
  • Options
    First time I watched it I didn't have a clue what was going on. Second time around I was hooked and some of the it still doesn’t make sense. 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it, but it's not one to watch if you're on the verge of going into a food coma, or have overdone it on the Christmas booze. If "James Bond for people who've watched too much Doctor Who" sounds like your thing then probably best to record it for later.
  • Options
    In Bruges is an anagram of Bumholes which I find highly appropriate. 
    Merry Christmas all
  • Options
    It’s awful . It’s all over the place . The majority of the dialogue is inaudible and I absolutely hated it . Apart from that it’s ok 😂
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I really enjoyed it, but it's not one to watch if you're on the verge of going into a food coma, or have overdone it on the Christmas booze. If "James Bond for people who've watched too much Doctor Who" sounds like your thing then probably best to record it for later.
    James Bond on acid 
  • Options
    It’s awful . It’s all over the place . The majority of the dialogue is inaudible and I absolutely hated it . Apart from that it’s ok 😂
    I thought it was all over the place too on my first viewing. I even struggled to get Dunkirk first time round. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    1StevieG said:
    I thought it was all over the place too on my first viewing. I even struggled to get Dunkirk first time round. 
    Nolan’s films love to mess with timelines . They are tiresome at times to watch them. The only films that my brain managed to get around and really appreciate was 1917 , The Dark Knight ( which didn’t mess with timelines  ) and Memento ( which absolutely did ) . Couldn’t getTenet   . Inception and The Prestige which well loved by many but not by me  . Nolan certainly divides  opinions.
  • Options
    The Prestige was a great film 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    BOXING DAY
    12.40PM          -     BBC2                               -     SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
    4.20PM            -     BBC1                               -     PADDINGTON
    9.00PM            -     ITV4                                -     TRUE GRIT (2010)
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA PREMIERE    -     THE SUICIDE SQUAD
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA ACTION      -     LOOPER

11.15PM          -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER    -     THE GREEN MILE (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.10PM             -     CHANNEL 5                    -     SISTER ACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bloody love Sister Act!
  • Options
    The Green Mile and True Grit are both big hitters. The Green Mile puts you through the wringer but True Grit is a really, really well made western 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Yay! Trading Places!
    Bah Humbug, it's on Sky.
    Thanks for this @Bedsaddick, that's reminded me to add "Another Round" to my DVD rental list.
    I didn’t even know you could rent DVDs nowadays!
    Our local shop on Dartmouth Rd, SE26 is still going strong.
  • Options
    SATURDAY 18TH OF DECEMBER 
    9.00PM        -      CHANNEL 5                         -      THE FULL MONTY
    9.00PM        -      BBC4                                   -      THE LADY IN THE VAN
    9.00PM        -      PARAMOUNT NETWORK      -      THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY
    9.00PM        -      SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -      SE7EN

11.15PM      -      SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -      GOODFELLAS       ( Recommended film of the day)

11.55PM      -      TCM MOVIES                       -      NATIONAL LAMPOONS VACATION

FILM TO AVOID   
    -----------------------
    10.00PM      -      BBC2                                   -      DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN
    I can't fault your recommendations for what to watch, beds, but I've got to take issue with the avoidance.  DSS is not Oscar material but it is an enjoyable romp with a Madonna who hasn't forgotten how to act, admittedly made easier by essentially playing herself.
  • Options
    Bait is a class film.

Before all the madness descended we used to have film Fridays in a restaurant in the village (we are very lucky to have a local film maker living here). Bait was one of the first films he showed. Being as we too are are a wee fishing village that gets totally overrun in the summer it struck a few chords.
    Tell us where it is, please, so we can come this summer.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Watched Home Alone for the first time this week, amazed ive never watched it before
    I sometimes think you live on a different planet mate.
    I've never watched it either. Never had the inclination. 
    Same here.  In fact, I've steered well clear of it every time it's been on.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    CHRISTMAS DAY
    3.10PM            -     ITV 4                                                 -     SPARTACUS
    9.00PM            -     FILM4                                               -     JOHN WICK 3 - PARABELLUM

1.45AM            -     FILM4                                               -     IN BRUGES (Recommended film of the day)

7.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                   -     THE GODFATHER
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR     -     ALIEN :DIRECTORS CUT
    10.00PM          -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                   -     THE GODFATHER Part ll

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER                -     TENET
    Like American Graffiti and Bladerunner, In Bruges is a film I can watch time and time again.  Excellent performances all round and very, very funny. Quite possibly the funniest swearing in cinema history.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    In Bruges is an anagram of Bumholes which I find highly appropriate. 
    Merry Christmas all
    and Bolton is the palindrome of Ipswich.
  • Options
    BOXING DAY
    12.40PM          -     BBC2                                      -     SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
    4.20PM            -     BBC1                                      -     PADDINGTON
    9.00PM            -     ITV4                                       -     TRUE GRIT (2010)
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA PREMIERE    -     THE SUICIDE SQUAD
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA ACTION         -     LOOPER

11.15PM          -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER     -     THE GREEN MILE (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.10PM             -     CHANNEL 5                          -     SISTER ACT
    True Grit is a good film and Hailee Steinfeld is very good in the Kim Darby role but it is very much a film that didn't need to be made.

Which Suicide Squad, beds?  The one with The Joker or the more recent one?  I'm guessing as it's on 'Premiere' it's the more recent one.  Not that it matters much, they're both pretty bad, only made watchable by Margot Robbie.