Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2021 🎅

Comments

• Options
    TUESDAY 21st OF DECEMBER
    --------------------------------------------------
    2.45PM            -     BBC1                                    -     SAVING MR BANKS
    11.30PM          -     ITV4                                     -     AMERICAN GANGSTER

11.40PM          -     ITV                                       -     SHAUN OF THE DEAD ( Recommended film of the day)

On Demand     -     AMAZON PRIME                   -     THE SOUND OF METAL
    4.40PM            -     SKY CINEMA GREATS           -     FULL METAL JACKET
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA CHRISTMAS     -     HOLIDAY INN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.00PM            -            ITV 2                                 -     LOVE ACTUALLY

(I make no apologies for that choice . I absolutely hate this film.)
    Oh mate, you must have a heart of stone to hate Love Actually. 

I defy anyone to watch that final scene which changes into hundreds of scenes of people meeting loved ones at the airport while playing the line "God only knows what I'd be without you" from the Beach Boys classic over and over again without suddenly needing to  rub their eyes.

It gets me every time! 
    It's horrendous . My wife loves it as much as you and it's a constant battle in my house to keep it off the TV!
    Wow, was enjoying opening this thread but instant kill right there. One of my fave films, i do watch it sometimes throughout the year as a bit of a feel good film. I get it though, proper cheesy but i like that shit :)
  • Options
    Another day of beds bringing some big guns to the party 

Wolf of Wall Street a worthy winner but sturdy competition. Apart from ET always thought that was overrated 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    THURSDAY 23rd OF DECEMBER
    9.00PM      -     ITV 4                                          -     ROCKY lV
    10.55PM    -     ITV 4                                          -     THE UNTOUCHABLES

2.05AM      -     FILM 4                                        -     BAIT ( Recommended film of the day)

3.55PM      -     SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR     -     DISTRICT  9
    9.00PM      -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                 -     THE REVENANT
    3.55AM      -     SKY CINEMA HITS                       -     MINARI

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.00PM      -     BBC2                                          -     LAST CHRISTMAS
  • Options
    Mmm Untouchables and Revenant … both excellent  
  • Options
    You missed off McKenna’s Gold. Just watching it on Great Movies Channel .. One of my all time fave’s from back in the day
  • Options
    Bait is a class film.

Before all the madness descended we used to have film Fridays in a restaurant in the village (we are very lucky to have a local film maker living here). Bait was one of the first films he showed. Being as we too are are a wee fishing village that gets totally overrun in the summer it struck a few chords.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Bait is a class film.

Before all the madness descended we used to have film Fridays in a restaurant in the village (we are very lucky to have a local film maker living here). Bait was one of the first films he showed. Being as we too are are a wee fishing village that gets totally overrun in the summer it struck a few chords.
    It’s a fantastic film. If anyone ( and I presume it’s the majority of people reading this ) haven’t seen it . Record it and watch it . It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.
  • Options
    Ohhh yeah... is that the Cornwall one? Remember hearing it was good. Record set. Ta
  • Options
    Ohhh yeah... is that the Cornwall one? Remember hearing it was good. Record set. Ta
    Yes . That’s the one 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    _MrDick said:
    You missed off McKenna’s Gold. Just watching it on Great Movies Channel .. One of my all time fave’s from back in the day
    It’s a film that’s passed me by although I can’t see where it’s on today ?  . Thanks for the recommendation 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    CHRISTMAS EVE
    2.00PM            -     CHANNEL 4                       -     IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE    (Recommended film of the day)

6.00PM            -     CHANNEL 4                       -     HOME ALONE
    6.00PM            -     ITV 2                                 -     UNCLE BUCK
    On Demand     -     NETFLIX                            -     THE LIGHTHOUSE
    9.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA GREATS        -     ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
    10.15PM          -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER     -     NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.00PM            -     ITV 4                                -     ROCKY V
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    No Country for Old Men is a terrific film 
    Yes it is, and it doesn't follow conventional hollywood story telling. Javier Bardem is awesome in it 
  • Options
    Watched Home Alone for the first time this week, amazed ive never watched it before
  • Options
    Watched Home Alone for the first time this week, amazed ive never watched it before
     Mate. You never fail to amaze me by the amount of TV and Film that has passed you by!
  • Options
    I sometimes think you live on a different planet mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I don't have Sky Cinema but for those that do Once upon a time in the West is a must watch 

never knew a harmonica to be so chilling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MZw_Iv0wdU
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    "Looks like we're shy one horse"

*shakes head

"You brought two too many"
  • Options
    Watched Scrooge (Albert Finney) on C5 earlier. Great adaption of a great story
  • Options
     Mate. You never fail to amaze me by the amount of TV and Film that has passed you by!
    He says watching It's a wonderful life for the very first time!!

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m 52, know what happens but still blub like a baby watching ET 😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I sometimes think you live on a different planet mate.
    I've never watched it either. Never had the inclination. 
  • Options

Got it on aswell.

• Options
    Bump best xmas film ever now on.
    Skyshowcase
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Skyshowcase
    I've tried to find it but Debbie does Dallas ain't on Skyshowcase. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Skyshowcase
    I've tried to find it but Debbie does Dallas ain't on Skyshowcase. 
    National lampoon,  mate.
  • Options
    The musical score in Once Upon A Time in the West is absolutely superb. It makes the film.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    CHRISTMAS DAY
    3.10PM            -     ITV 4                                           -     SPARTACUS
    9.00PM            -     FILM4                                          -     JOHN WICK 3 - PARABELLUM

1.45AM            -     FILM4                                         -     IN BRUGES (Recommended film of the day)

7.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                  -     THE GODFATHER
    8.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR     -     ALIEN :DIRECTORS CUT
    10.00PM          -     SKY CINEMA GREATS                  -     THE GODFATHER Part ll

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.00PM            -     SKY CINEMA THRILLER                -     TENET
  • Options

I’m 12 months ahead of you with that one @carly burn

I watched that one last year!