Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2021 🎅

Comments

• Options
    Not even reached page 2 yet and someone has admitted to eating Lurpak and someone else has bought a Radio Times.

Who is going for the Warninks Advocaat?
    We had a bottle of that on the train to Morecambe.
  • Options
    Sightseers is great, if you like that then Prevenge is worth a watch
  • Options
    £5.25 a magazine that isn't on the top shelf!!!

Less than a pint than in some pubs. The RT will take much longer to digest, is something one can re-visit every single one of 14 consecutive days without seeing the same thing and won't have you running to the toilet for relief of any kind!  
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    SATURDAY 18TH OF DECEMBER 
    --------------------------------------------------
    9.00PM        -      CHANNEL 5                         -      THE FULL MONTY
    9.00PM        -      BBC4                                   -      THE LADY IN THE VAN
    9.00PM        -      PARAMOUNT NETWORK      -      THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY
    9.00PM        -      SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -      SE7EN

11.15PM      -      SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -      GOODFELLAS       ( Recommended film of the day)

11.55PM      -      TCM MOVIES                       -      NATIONAL LAMPOONS VACATION

FILM TO AVOID   
    -----------------------
    10.00PM      -      BBC2                                   -      DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN
  • Options
    Not even reached page 2 yet and someone has admitted to eating Lurpak and someone else has bought a Radio Times.

Who is going for the Warninks Advocaat?
    Guilty as charged, got the usual ‘Are you doing snowballs again this year Dad?’ How could I possibly disappoint the 40 year old little cherubs 😉.
  • Options
    Just watched Another Round which I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    redcarter said:
    Just watched Another Round which I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise and really enjoyed it.
    It won the Oscar for best foreign language film this year . I loved it 
  • Options
    Some good ones there ... agree with Goodfellas but also highly recommend Lady in the Van
  • Options
    Disappoi yes that all the films today are a bit too high quality. Where is the feel good Christmas number? Going to have to watch trading places on catch up with the lad after the match watching from ‘Germany/Norway/USA today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ads said:
    Sightseers is great, if you like that then Prevenge is worth a watch
    Prevenge is one of mine!  Alice Lowe is a very talented lady!
  • Options
    I always look forward to this thread 
  • Options
    Goodfellas my all time favourite film. The flashy date scene is superb.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Wrong thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    SUNDAY 19TH OF DECEMBER 
    6.55PM          -        ITV4                               -         A CHRISTMAS CAROL
    7.00PM          -        ITV2                               -         UNCLE BUCK
    10.00PM        -        CHANNEL 4                    -         CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

On Demand   -        AMAZON PRIME              -         ENCOUNTER  ( Recommended film of the day)

2.50PM          -        SKY CINEMA ACTION      -         SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
    5.55PM          -        SKY CINEMA THRILLER    -         COLLATERAL

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.00PM                 -                ITV 2                       -                NATIVITY ROCKS!
  • Options
    I haven’t seen Encounter, but it must be some film, if it’s the recommended film of the day in this list! I will have to watch it the next chance I get.
  • Options
    A decent list there for todays selection. Heard good things about Encounter too so I’ll be giving that a go today. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    muppetman said:
    I haven’t seen Encounter, but it must be some film, if it’s the recommended film of the day in this list! I will have to watch it the next chance I get.
    I'm not saying its better than the other films listed but it's new film out that i really enjoyed and people should see it . It a very different film than you might expect from the trailer. 
  • Options
    Uncle Buck for me today , currently watching Jack Frost how did you leave this one off Beds ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elf is on SkyShowcase today at 7pm. 
  • Options
    I’m sure Jack Frost & Elf will pop up on the thread sometime closer to Christmas ☃️
  • Options
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society on BBC2 at 7 pm is a really good film as well
  • Options
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society on BBC2 at 7 pm is a really good film as well
    Agreed
  • Options
    Where`s "It`s a Wonderful Life"? My favourite along with "The Snowman".
  • Options
    I've said it before but the thread demands I say it again. This thread always makes me feel like its Christmas and harks back to when me and my siblings would all fight over what films to record that were on over the Christmas holidays. Ive never fully forgiven my sister for taking over a vintage copy of Top Gun on ITV from the late 80s with the second half of Titanic. The Top Gun copy had some astonishing adverts that were of their time 

My favourite was the one for Malibu. 

With Lemon, Orange, or Ultra Violet (say that in Michael Holdings accent and thats the advert) 
  • Options
    Just seen Eddie the Eagle for the second time. another feel good film. Was on C4 which might be on catch up later but no doubt it will be repeated again. 
    I taped Uncle Buck though. Which i will be watching shortly before catch me if you can. 
  • Options
    Where`s "It`s a Wonderful Life"? My favourite along with "The Snowman".
    Be patient! It’s still a week before Christmas. There’s no way I will miss out It’s a Wonderful Life . It’s my favourite Christmas movie . 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MONDAY 20TH OF DECEMBER  

10.00PM         -       4SEVEN                                   -        THE EQUALIZER 2

11.20PM         -       DAVE                                       -        DONNIE BRASCO   ( Recommended film of the day)

01.30AM        -        FILM 4                                    -         HAPPY GO LUCKY
    On Demand   -        NETFLIX                                  -         BLUE STORY
    5.35PM           -       SKY CINEMA GREATS              -         JFK
    10.00PM         -       SKY CINEMA CHRISTMAS        -         TRADING PLACES

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------

11.00PM         -        CHANNEL 4                              -         INSTANT FAMILY