Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    32-5 finch beaten for pace by Abbott.  What a shocking season In four day cricket this has been 
  • Options
    Evison survives the hat trick ball. That's the good news because with Podmore in next and followed by McKerr, Gilchrist and Quinn, I don't expect our tail to wag much!
  • Options
    For the benefit of clarification - Denly is on paternity leave and Crawley has not been released by the ECB.

Unless I've got something drastically wrong here, Crawley doesn't have an England game until the beginning of December. He's had two Hundred games and a three day Test match in the last month so, why would England not want a top order batsman to get some innings before then and to build his confidence. Unless they and he are afraid that a failure or two would have the opposite affect? It does make one wonder what the point was of giving him another contract especially at a time when we need to put out the best possible side and he is given Papal Dispensation not to play.
    Didn't know the Denly's were expecting again.. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    For the benefit of clarification - Denly is on paternity leave and Crawley has not been released by the ECB.

Unless I've got something drastically wrong here, Crawley doesn't have an England game until the beginning of December. He's had two Hundred games and a three day Test match in the last month so, why would England not want a top order batsman to get some innings before then and to build his confidence. Unless they and he are afraid that a failure or two would have the opposite affect? It does make one wonder what the point was of giving him another contract especially at a time when we need to put out the best possible side and he is given Papal Dispensation not to play.
    His wife has given birth to a little girl yesterday according to the commentators on the stream. Congratulations to the Denlys. 
  • Options
    35-5 off 29 overs at lunch. Have we ever scored so few runs in a full session before?

Compton 18* (81)
    Evison 3* (13)
  • Options
    You may or may not know it.

But I am definitely supporting Kent in this match 😁
  • Options
    Well I am fuming!!! According to the commentators none of the England Test squad have been released by the ECB. Well guess who are playing for Surrey - Pope and Foakes!!!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Congratulations to the Denlys
    Bog standard fuckwittery from ECB on Crawley.  His red ball cricket with England finished at 11:25 on 12th - even allowing for a night out with his teammates, he's had a week off.
    Just as he'd found the first glimmer of a hint of something like form, he's stood down indefinitely.  Whether he's pencilled in for Pakistan or not, facing Hampshire's bowlers could only serve to cement that form.
    ECB owe Kent big time too.  Cut out completely from the hundred bonanza, squad curtailed not just by Crawley's selection but also the retention of Billings to carry a lot of drinks for the white ball teams.  Kent subsiding into Division 2 with Gloucestershire to be replaced by test ground counties Middlesex and Notts suits ECB down to the ground.  I'm not suggesting malice aforethought with Crawley's unavailability, there's nobody at ECB with that much wit or diligence to join up those dots.
  • Options
    Well I am fuming!!! According to the commentators none of the England Test squad have been released by the ECB. Well guess who are playing for Surrey - Pope and Foakes!!!
    The ECB are a joke they seem to make things up as they go along. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Well we're on our way to New Road as Seb is one of a number of players from around the country to trial for Worcester - at least five of his mates from the DLCA will be there too. Sad but that is the reality of his situation. Who knows what will or would have happened at Kent had he not taken a couple of years off from keeping to concentrate on his batting  but that can't be undone and for the purpose of the trial he is going as a keeper/batsman. Whatever happens, he still has to start put consistent scores in the book as it is that aspect of his game that he needs to improve - as one coach at Kent bluntly put it "Seb's a great looking player that doesn't score enough runs". On that basis, he's an England opener in the making!!!
    Thank you to those who have and continue to support Seb  on here.

The day went very well but given the number on trial and calibre of those present it has to be said that it was very competitive - lots of former contracted players with Seb at 19 at the young end of the scale compared to, for example, a 29 year old former county keeper that was in his group.

The really interesting aspect of the trial was that it was all about red ball and for the batsmen the ability to play a moving red ball. They were not looking for any expansive shots but purely on how good the batsmen were at leaving and protecting their wicket (Seb didn't get out at all and left well). This is really interesting because as I've said on numerous occasions all age group cricket has been all about scoring areas in white ball. Is this an example of the proposed red ball re-set? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    *Smug face* 

This is probably the only time in recent history this has gone in our favour! Alec Stewart is the favourite for the national selector role so maybe he used some influence! :)

• Options
    *Smug face* 

This is probably the only time in recent history this has gone in our favour! Alec Stewart is the favourite for the national selector role so maybe he used some influence! :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    Saturday .. great day out in the sun despite sunburn and a sore derriere from unaccustomed sitting down for too long .. terrific batting from Kent but it was the catching/fielding that broke Lancy hearts .. back to the C Champ, so far Hants are exacting revenge for the Semi dfeat .. Joe Evison to the rescue ? .. he is certainly a shining light at the end of what looks increasingly like a relegation tunnel
    For one of the more 'impoverished' counties with a small ground, Kent in the last few years have done well and punch above their weight, especially in the short formats .. long may it continue
  • Options
    Baffling that Pope and Foakes are playing, but none of the other England players, including the likes of Zak, Lees, Brook and Leach, who are hardly tired
  • Options
    100-6

Evison out for 34 (67)

Compton 43* (133)
  • Options
    Baffling that Pope and Foakes are playing, but none of the other England players, including the likes of Zak, Lees, Brook and Leach, who are hardly tired
    Brook is in Pakistan 
  • Options
    115-6 off 50 overs

Compton reaches his 50 (141)
  • Options
    165 all out

Compton 63 (161)
    Podmore 12 (30)
    McKerr 1 (23)
    Gilchrst 13 (31)
    Quinn 5* (5)
  • Options
    I'd use a different word beginning with "b".....

Another feckin awful afternoon continues for our teams with the Spanners beating our Young Guns 4-1 & a pretty demoralising start to the T 20 series v Pakistan . 

I'm going back to bed ! 
  • Options
    Wicket to Podmore 

13-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    13-2

Quinn strikes
  • Options
    28-3

Podmore again. Danger man Vince on his way in.
  • Options
    The Mighty Quinn has the not so mighty Vince caught behind by Robinson for a duck!

38-4
  • Options
    Make that 39-5

Quinn again!
  • Options
    Kent/Hants - 14 wickets in a day is a bit poor

Essex and Lancs - "hold our beers"
  • Options
    Now 41 -7 !!!!!

( Now getting out of bed again...) 
  • Options
    41-6!!!

A beauty from Gilchrist
  • Options
    Damn ! 

Only 41-6 ....stoopid commentator !
  • Options
    Now 41 -7 !!!!!

( Now getting out of bed again...) 
    I'm afraid the co-commentator is all over the place. Unfortunately, Hants are "only" six down.
  • Options
    Personally find it hard to believe, that there are not ideal batting conditions as we approach October.