Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Yorkshire lose by 18 runs. 
  • Options
    I can't comprehend how prior to facing Hants, who were chasing the title, I thought that we were staring relegation right smack in the face and yet we will now actually finish 26 points clear of doing so.
    The same! I remeber looking at the fixtures at the end of july and thinking wow - we need a lot of rain in september to get some draws as we won't win either of those. I think Somerset were thinking of the winter break, but Hampshire was just bizarre given the way we played prior. Super Kent eh!!!
    I was sat in the pub only a couple of weeks ago with 3 friends (2 hampshire 1 surrey) telling them that Hampshire were certs for the title because they would batter Kent who were so bad this year that the 4 of us could beat them. I also saw no way Surrey would beat Yorkshire. Good thing we did with today's result.
    Surrey would have played a lot better if they had something to play for

As it is, Hampshire are 1 point from getting second place (with Lancs likely to beat your lot) which is bad news for Warks, as it means Hants have to bat for the draw
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    This adds to the belief that Robinson will be back in three years time should it suit all parties at the time:

This is still a crass decision. 
    The decision to go was Robinson's. The events that culminated in him making that decision was partly caused by Kent and partly by England.

The only other thing I will add is this. One senior Kent coach said to me a few years ago that "we never thought Robinson would make it. We always knew Crawley would". Sometimes, against that backdrop, it is much harder to shift people's opinions and you have to do twice as well as the person that is rated in order to overcome that. The other aspect is that when you feel that you aren't rated, it can affect your confidence and put even more pressure on your performances to the extent that you have to get a score each and every time you walk out. Crawley has never had to combat that for Kent or England and yet he has a worst First Class average than Robinson. 

Where that perspective can change is when you leave. I'm sure many of us have witnessed someone at our place at work who isn't rated by the management and doesn't ever get promoted so elects to leave. Only for that person's replacement to be a total downgrade on his predecessor. Time will tell whether that is the case should Billings get injured again.  
    He decided to go because he wasn’t being used , which was madness .  
  • Options
    Is there a reason why we have 2 different colours for our red ball caps, with some players wearing browny maroon, and others blue? Is maroon only for those awarded a county cap?

• Options
    I've asked the boy and he says that the maroon ones are just faded blue ones - probably a combination of exposure to sunlight and the use of unfriendly detergents! From what I've seen from the Instagram photos it has happened to those that have had their Kent cap for a while (DBD, Crawley and Denly for example). Here is one of Geraint Jones where it looks a bit more obvious:

Three teams started an epic day with a chance of clinching the Championship but James Tredwells hat-trick scuppered Yorkshires hopes Gerard Brophy was one of the trio stumped by Geraint Jones
  • Options
    I've asked the boy and he says that the maroon ones are just faded blue ones - probably a combination of exposure to sunlight and the use of unfriendly detergents! From what I've seen from the Instagram photos it has happened to those that have had their Kent cap for a while (DBD, Crawley and Denly for example). Here is one of Geraint Jones where it looks a bit more obvious:

Three teams started an epic day with a chance of clinching the Championship but James Tredwells hat-trick scuppered Yorkshires hopes Gerard Brophy was one of the trio stumped by Geraint Jones
    Surprising that a blue hat goes maroon/brown after washing? You would expect it to go to a faded blue, like some of the more weathered England caps (e.g. Stokes)

But looking at this photo, it makes sense that if it's an age thing that Stevo's is the different colour! Or the picture of Rob Key, though his cap looks pretty pristine?

• Options
    Stevo's looks like he just stuffs it in his bag anyhow whereas Key's looks like it has been folded neatly. Stevo's has also had 17 years of being removed and handed to the Umpire whereas Key's just sat on his head! Fulton did mention in commentary that they were at opposite ends of the spectrum so far as looking after gear was concerned and that the Club had to stop Stevo from wearing Key's tops because of the different number.
  • Options
    Further evidence relating to my point about Yorkshire being in total disarray and probably a reason Robinson chose not to go there:

• Options
    Matt Milnes will be hoping that something extraordinary doesn't happen in the Warwickshire match
  • Options
    Matt Milnes will be hoping that something extraordinary doesn't happen in the Warwickshire match
    Either way it's an odd move. Yorkshire aren't in a good place at the moment, and their decent players will be on England duty anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Kent wide brim hat has gone maroon after a holiday in Central America & it was defo dark blue when bought 🤪
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    My Kent wide brim hat has gone maroon after a holiday in Central America & it was defo dark blue when bought 🤪
    I have a maroon hat. Disappointingly it hasn't turned blue  :D
  • Options
    Northants require 211 to win in their 2nd innings
  • Options
    I almost feel sorry for Warks!

Declaring early after lots of time lost to the weather, sacrificing bonus points, now desperately trying to score quickly, to somehow create a big enough total so that they can bowl out Hampshire. Instead they've subsided to 173-9
  • Options
    calls for a chant of 'are you Surrey in disguise ?'
  • Options
    Surrey on the inside no doubt
  • Options
    Surrey on the inside no doubt
    WHAAAAAAT?????😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Hants require 112 runs with 8 wickets in hand

Northants require 146 with only 5 wickets in hand
  • Options
    Hants 51-4, Vince out
  • Options
    Northants 97-7 still needing 114
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hants require 66 with 5 wickets in hand

Northants require 58 with 2 wickets in hand
  • Options
    They way this Norwell is bowling, Warwickshire might do this, but they are running out of runs to defend - good exciting stuff though 
  • Options
    86-6

You hope that rain doesn't decide this
  • Options
    Happy with fifth.
  • Options
    Norwell on fire - 6 for 40 now - Hampshire still need 38 but are 7 down - gonna be close 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    And that's the bizarre aspect of our final couple of weeks of the season. Only four teams in the country have finished above us in the four day game and we've won the only one day competition. We would have to say that, on the basis of those successes, it has been a pretty decent season and yet for five months we were never really at the races.
  • Options
    Hants 119-7 and still need 20 to win. Matt Milnes probably can't bear to watch the stream.
  • Options
    Gubbins out

124-8 and 15 to win