Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Booooo, hiss
  • Options
    DBD bowling some nice stuff here. The new Stevo  :)
  • Options
    72-7 

another to DBD who is becoming a useful 5th seamer
  • Options
    Yorkshire falling apart. Warwickshire being held up by Vince however. Feels like, weather permitting, they might have a shot
  • Options
    Come on Essex. I want that fifth spot, which will get if they win.
  • Options
    Meanwhile South Africa are 9-5 against India. All five wickets "run out" at the bowlers end
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I don't think the 3 bowling bonus points are in doubt. I wouldn't bank on us getting many batting bonus points though!
    I can't bring myself to 'like' this but agree totally
    That aged well 🤣
    Anybody know if that's Kent's highest score with nobody reaching 100?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I don't think the 3 bowling bonus points are in doubt. I wouldn't bank on us getting many batting bonus points though!
    I can't bring myself to 'like' this but agree totally
    That aged well 🤣
    Anybody know if that's Kent's highest score with nobody reaching 100?
    I didn't get my batting prediction quite right  :D
  • Options
    94-8

one to Gilchrist
  • Options
    If the umpires take us off for bad light, and there's a danger of the game going into a 4th day, I can see Somerset declaring to get it over with :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    113-9

another to Gilchrist
  • Options
    Hope Somerset put up more of a fight. Can't get there until 4 and it looks like it could be all over by then :(
    Time to turn the car around!
  • Options
    Jordan Cox has replaced Billings as being the England white ball drinks carrier.
  • Options
    139 all out. Final wicket to Qadri

A very close win by an innings and 151 runs.
  • Options
    Jordan Cox has replaced Billings as being the England white ball drinks carrier.
    Never a truer word said in jest. Let's hope that Billings does dislocate his shoulder or do his groin if/when Cox is doing the same job at the IPL 
  • Options

Touch and go at one point.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

At the toss
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

At the toss
    Walking out for the toss!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't comprehend how prior to facing Hants, who were chasing the title, I thought that we were staring relegation right smack in the face and yet we will now actually finish 26 points clear of doing so.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I can't comprehend how prior to facing Hants, who were chasing the title, I thought that we were staring relegation right smack in the face and yet we will now actually finish 26 points clear of doing so.
    The same! I remeber looking at the fixtures at the end of july and thinking wow - we need a lot of rain in september to get some draws as we won't win either of those. I think Somerset were thinking of the winter break, but Hampshire was just bizarre given the way we played prior. Super Kent eh!!!
  • Options
    It's as if we brought Neil Warnock in for the final couple of games!
  • Options
    What a fantastic end to the season, real contrast to what was being served up earlier on. Let’s hope we recruit well over the winter and push on next season 
  • Options
    I would argue for the top 6 this season to become Strauss' super six. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Yorkshire currently 170-7 needing 71 more to win. Come on Gloucestershire!

172-8 now
  • Options
    Yorkshire currently 170-7 needing 71 more to win. Come on Gloucestershire!

172-8 now
    Zero chance of Warks winning anyway. Hants are ahead of them now, 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Hants 73-4, so Warks with a small chance of enforcing the follow on. Yorkshire 11-1

How nice to be able to watch the squeaky bum action from afar!
    How right you are!
    Only a few weeks back we were all in deep despair, doesn’t seem possible that we are now a very respectable fifth (or is or 6th) and into the bargain had a glorious day out at Trent Bridge.
    On paper we’ve had a really good season, yet I can’t get out of my mind what (for the most part), a load of absolute bollox we’ve dished up over the course of the summer.
    A phrase I don’t like to use too often but in the final analysis , have we “punched above our weight?”
    If the answer is yes, I’ll take it all day long.🫣