Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morecambe v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 23 November 2021 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Our injury record continues under new management, ownership and staff. I have often wondered if Sparrows Lane is built on ancient Indian burial ground. 
    I mentioned before that it’s probably not a shock that with JJ’s similar demands to Bowyer in what he expects from his players seem to be bringing similar injury issues. 
  • This is what the OS says on team news.

• edited November 2021
    Plymouth had the FA cup replay against Sheffield Wednesday midweek ( won 3-0) before the League game against us and I'm sure that was a factor in their performance as well as our new high energy and intensity way of playing plus the 3-5-2 with Dobson protecting the defence, Lee the attacking midfielder with Purrington the fox/cat in the box from his left wing back position and DJ with great crosses and well as new defensive responsibilities on the right side.
    Gilbey is the road runner in the middle, right, left and central who loves this way of playing.

More to do with the tactical switch than a new manager bounce, as there was a radicle change of tactics from the confusion under Adkins this season. 

Could be a hard game tonight as Morecambe will want to derail the JJ express  train on its journey up the table.

No idea of the score as I don't know who will be fit, But I have been by Morecambe  bay in November with mates from Lancaster university/ teachers training and it was brass monkeys. Do we have the balls to win tonight ?  For JJ's sake I hope we don't lose because he is the man similar to Howe taking over at Bournemouth when they were in League 2, to lead and galvinize the club from Players, fans, coaches in the academy age groups, admin staff, ground staff, Comms staff and even Doris the tea Lady who had been poor/pour in the cup recently !  (Cafc trait) and there was a overspill into the saucers.

Everyone had to up their game with Dog Shite being the words of choice on CL post match thread which made me think I was on the Cruffs dog show review.

• No mention of Lee being out
  • On the Michael now sinking few cans. 
  • Hadnt realised Obika was at Morecambe now
  • Scoham said:
    This is what the OS says on team news.

Obika?! 

No point watching at this point, he’s nailed on to score the winner.
  • Scoham said:
    This is what the OS says on team news.

Obika?! 

No point watching at this point, he’s nailed on to score the winner.
    Old player bounce. Let's hope he's still hamstrung.

• Comfortable away win 1-3. A couple points closer to the Play offs.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-1 victory tonight i reckon!
  • Perhaps too many injuries,missing 1-1.
  • I think this will be a tough game. I hope we'll win, but if we do it won't be more than a goal or two in it
  • edited November 2021
    4-1 victory tonight i reckon!
    I admire your confidence but i fear a banana skin tonight then  back to winning ways on Saturday.
  • Tough game, 1-1 Leko off bench to score late equalizer 
  • Worried it'll be after the Lord Mayor's show tonight. Big effort on Saturday. Players with knocks/injured, long long trip up North on a Tuesday.

I'd take a point to consolidate on recent form.
  • We have to lose sometime but not tonight.

2 - 1 to the Addicks.  Lee and DJ.
  • Leuth said:
    That preview is better than tonight's game is going to be 
    Didn't LOL but it raised a giggle.
    Announce GOL button.
  • edited November 2021
    cabbles said:

@clb74 nowhere to be seen
    Good to see the young people enjoying themselves.

[Edit: Missed the boat on that one GOL].
  • JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:

@clb74 nowhere to be seen
    Good to see the young people enjoying themselves.

[Edit: Missed the boat on that one GOL].
    Well its obviously not a Saga gig,  the proportion of Doris's would be much higher!
  • Sponsored links:

• Who actually said Lee and Davison was out? I mean where do you get that from?

Also, thanks for rubbing it in about the preview! Went into far too much detail for my liking… :smile:
  • I was confident before reading all the previews on here & was going to predict a win. Then I read Morecombe's top goal scorer has more than our strikers put together and that Davison & Lee are struggling. 

So reverting to type I'm sadly saying that we will smell defeat tonight.

2-1 and Eric skips away merrily.

• Wonders will never cease. We get a whole 1/6 of a page in the Standard. 
  • edited November 2021
    Sage said:
    Who actually said Lee and Davison was out? I mean where do you get that from?

Ronnie Moore said, so it must be true. 

You forgot that it said it was continued on Page 25.

Where is it?

• cabbles said:
    TS to announce Neil Harris at midday tomorrow, with Martin Sangaard as Director of Football, Jackson offered his old role back.  

Harris able to pick the team for the game, opts for Morgan and Watson as the central 2 in a 4-4-2 diamond, Watson at the bottom, Morgan at the top.

We lose 3-0 and utter meltdown on here ensues 
    Clint Eastwood A Fistful Of Dollars GIF - Clint Eastwood A Fistful Of  Dollars What Did You Say - Discover amp Share GIFs

I'm not sure bigger goals is a good idea though. 

I'm not sure bigger goals is a good idea though. 
    If you are a striker surely its good to dream about them?