Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morecambe v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 23 November 2021 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Wow, what a preview.
  • Options
    Absurdly good preview 
  • Options
    That’s a superb preview 
  • Options
    Bit nervous about this one, everyone will expect us to win but coming off the back of a tough game on Saturday where we looked knackered at the end, i think this one could prove tricky and we might end up having to settle for a point.

However winning breeds confidence, so i hope we can keep the run going.
  • Options
    In this division the ‘easy’ games on paper prove difficult and the ‘hard’ games prove not so hard but still difficult. No game warrants complacency. Luckily, I think JJ is more aware of this than the rest of us put together.
  • Options
    Fairly confident we will win but not cause we smashed them but cause we ground out a hard fought result.

Game like this we will miss Stockleys physical presence but we have enough about us all the same, Think the raw Burstow may be an ace in the hole. 

1-0 Charlton and Davison to score. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    One of the things I have noticed about this division is teams near the bottom can be better in many ways than some teams above them. It is probably because there is a default solid consistent template that gets you results against the lesser teams and you can have teams struggling a bit which have a higher capacity to raise their game but can't sustain it game after game.

I know very little about Morecombe but I think I know the better sides, irrespective of position. Morecombe have played three teams I would put in this classification, Ipswich, Sheff Wednesday and Plymouth and achieved two draws and a victory (against Wednesday). This could put Morecombe in that category of a side that can raise their game so we shouldn't take it lightly. 
  • Options
    For those traveling to the far north west on a Tuesday night to see us play Morecambe, I salute you.

Would probably be a good area for a weekend game. Especially if the sun's out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    That preview is better than tonight's game is going to be 
    Didn't LOL but it raised a giggle.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Looking forward to settle down in front of the box with a selection of interesting beers, chief amongst them being a bock from La Trappe.
  • Options
    Looking forward to settle down in front of the box with a selection of interesting beers, chief amongst them being a bock from La Trappe.
    That's a bloody good idea. I will make a similar trip at lunch to find something boozy and decadent
  • Options
    What a fantastic preview. I could sit and read stuff like that all day.
  • Options
    xG can get in the bloody bin though, apparently we have scored more than our xG in every league game under Jacko.... We should've scored 8 or 9 against Donny
  • Options
    xG can get in the bloody bin though, apparently we have scored more than our xG in every league game under Jacko.... We should've scored 8 or 9 against Donny
    Isn't it that we've had more xG than the opposition in every game? Or is it both? Either way, it speaks well of us
  • Options
    Elliot Lee is not out is he? dreading it if our midfield isn't intact
  • Options
    Its a compliment to our players, we have been more clinical with harder chances than the average would expect.
  • Options
    What a preview. We should make a cheeky bid to Shrimps Online in January, as that's definitely an area where we need to strengthen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a bit of a bad feeling about this.
    Think the latest endeavours may have taken a toll.
    I'd be well happy with a point
  • Options
    What a preview. We should make a cheeky bid to Shrimps Online in January, as that's definitely an area where we need to strengthen
    Bit harsh on Sage and Ben...
  • Options
    Elliot Lee is not out is he? dreading it if our midfield isn't intact
    We will struggle without our CBs, Lee and Stockley I think. 

The prospect of Morgan, Kirk, Arter are hardly filling me with joy. 
  • Options
    I think it'll be a tougher game than we're maybe expecting, and they'll probably be hard to break down as well but can't see us losing at the minute.
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Sage and Ben...
    It's a ruthless business. Like Albie Morgan they'll have to fight their way back into the preview team
  • Options
    Our injury record continues under new management, ownership and staff. I have often wondered if Sparrows Lane is built on ancient Indian burial ground. 
  • Options

@clb74 nowhere to be seen
  • Options
    If Lee is out injured then honestly the best man for the position is Clare, but then, that depends on Pearce being fit. Either we change our shape or we bank on a Kirk/Morgan/Arter redemption tale (in decreasing order of likelihood)
  • Options
    Unless Souare comes into the back three. I don't know.