Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morecambe v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 23 November 2021 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    TS to announce Neil Harris at midday tomorrow, with Martin Sangaard as Director of Football, Jackson offered his old role back.  

Harris able to pick the team for the game, opts for Morgan and Watson as the central 2 in a 4-4-2 diamond, Watson at the bottom, Morgan at the top.

We lose 3-0 and utter meltdown on here ensues 
    Source? (have you been on it)  ;)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Would be so Charlton to lose this one after our recent run of form.
    We are due a good kick in the nads, just to keep us in line...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I can't see Jacko letting them get full of themselves but of course, as has been said before, football's a funny old game and anything can happen in the next hour and a half.
  • Options
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWiJX1ugFhT/?utm_medium=copy_link
    He looks decent this player. Let’s hope he has a quiet night 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I know Nigel Adkins was a great disappointment but no need for that !
  • Options
    I’m glad they had a local derby at the weekend, cos I have to say, our players looked fucked after the game Saturday, so expect the Morecambe players to have been the same. 

We should have enough quality. 

0-2.
  • Options
    Edited squad with Henderson and Kirk out for Harness and Leko. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    TS to announce Neil Harris at midday tomorrow, with Martin Sangaard as Director of Football, Jackson offered his old role back.  

Harris able to pick the team for the game, opts for Morgan and Watson as the central 2 in a 4-4-2 diamond, Watson at the bottom, Morgan at the top.

We lose 3-0 and utter meltdown on here ensues 
    Don’t believe it - where’s the Chelsea womens coach in that set up ? 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    If he is fit I would be tempted to play Leko up front with Washington. Davison and he are both no good in the air and Leko's ability to hold the ball and beat a man are way better than Davison's. Their scoring records are not much different.We would have a very mobile and skilful front 4 in Lee, Gilbey,  Washington and Leko with DJ and Purrington supporting.
  • Options
    So Henderson is another old, ageing injury prone signing alongside Arter and Souare?
  • Options
    Reckon this’ll be much harder than many think. We’ve given the top sides a right going over. Will we take our eye off the ball on a cold midweek in Stoke, sorry Morecambe? 
  • Options
    I am confident Jacko will have his team focused. An away win for me as we march on.
  • Options
    Teams and games at this level are unpredictable. 

Wiser fans will realise that strangely enough, teams lower down can be harder to beat for us than those near the top. This was the case in the Championship too.
  • Options
    Stockton scored a 40 yarder earlier this season, as well as his worldie on Saturday!

• Options
    edited November 2021
    mendonca said:
    Teams and games at this level are unpredictable. 

Wiser fans will realise that strangely enough, teams lower down can be harder to beat for us than those near the top. This was the case in the Championship too.
    So true. Plymouth play the same formation and style as us. We just won our individual battles and won quite comfortably. 
    Two CH’s out could make the more direct attack more effective. They played 4-3-3 Saturday, will they change that? Will they play more deep diagonal balls?
    It will be interesting, but as I am am a total believer in the midfield win games I believe we will have too much for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morecambe are in poor form but given all our injuries will be a tough game. 
    They won their last match though. 
    Don’t think JJ will change formation, even if Lee is injured. 
    2-1 to us. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    The cut off for 1 match suspension of 5 yellow cards is after tomorrow’s game, I believe.

We currently have Famewo, Purrington, and possibly Dobson, all on 4 yellows.

I’m not 100% on Dobson. He has 4 in all competitions but does that mean it also counts for the league?

If they all avoid a booking on Tuesday, we are good until any of them potentially gets 10 yellows, which gets wiped after 37 league games.
    Dobson only has 2 league bookings. The others were in the EFL Cup and EFL trophy

Purrington managed to get 4 bookings in 4 games since Jacko came in, which isn't great. We can't afford either him or Famewo to pick up a 5th booking tomorrow
  • Options
    Sage said:
    The cut off for 1 match suspension of 5 yellow cards is after tomorrow’s game, I believe.

I’m not 100% on Dobson. He has 4 in all competitions but does that mean it also counts for the league?

If they all avoid a booking on Tuesday, we are good until any of them potentially gets 10 yellows, which gets wiped after 37 league games.
    Dobson only has 2 league bookings. The others were in the EFL Cup and EFL trophy

Purrington managed to get 4 bookings in 4 games since Jacko came in, which isn't great. We can't afford either him or Famewo to pick up a 5th booking tomorrow
    I mean, we can’t afford to lose players at all really but if we’re gna lose Purrington and Famewo I’d rather they missed the Shrewsbury game than the Ipswich one. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

I mean, we can’t afford to lose players at all really but if we’re gna lose Purrington and Famewo I’d rather they missed the Shrewsbury game than the Ipswich one. 
    I think they get set a new limit of 10 after tomorrow so shouldn’t miss Ipswich for suspension, unless I’ve misunderstood the situation.
  • Options

This will be tough but we will be OK.

My only worry is keeping up this intesity for the rest of the season as the impact of injuries and suspensions kicks in. We won't win every game and at some stage we are going to run out of steam, even if it's temporary. 

That will be the real test for Jackson. Much easier to manage when you are winning every game.

1-2 Charlton (Purrington 44 and 89) 

• Options
    “We’ll go to Morecambe and win , we’ll go to Shrewsbury and win “
    as soon as I heard Jacko say that in the changing room video it scared me …Morecambe and Shrewsbury play that clip to  their players and give them an extra push .

Of course we should win but when Charlton fans get punchy I get scared .
    1-1 and Sandgaard restarts his interviewing process 

Kind regards 
    The Grim Reaper 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I think it has already been asked and answered, so sorry, but does anybody know what the deadline is when the bookings get scrubbed off?
  • Options
    Sage said:

• Options
    matt88 said:
    Thats what you call a Preview... Very detailed!!