Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich 7th December- No Streaming

1235»

Comments

• Options
    What is more of an issue going forwards for clubs I suspect is IPTV and other means of getting the streams for free. You would think a proper supporter wouldn't wish to do this which I think will help. Maybe attracting more proper supporters, both online and in the Valley is the answer. 
    Are people watching Valley Pass games for free?? News to me. They may be using a VPN, but they still have to pay. They watch illegal streams when Sky cover the games. 

I know what you mean about proper supporters being ready to pay, but I think we have to recognise that in this respect it’s easier to be “proper” when like you and I, they are older and not short of disposable income.
    You can watch every single Charlton game for free, if you want. 

I imagine quite a few do, which is a shame as the annual pass seems great value to me, especially with the discount you get for being an ‘international addick’ 
    I can understand that it would not be wise to give away full details, but where (if you know) is the paywall leak? The Valley Pass feed or the iFollow feed, which I believe we use for the basic coverage?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but IPTV is just the tech which allows my TV to play Netflix, and others, on demand, from my remote. But I still have to pay for those channels.So if this is happening, it must be fixable? 

The "discount for being an International Addick" is a bit of an issue too, but that's another story, one which is more about the enthusiastic but amateurish set-up at The Valley which Thomas is a bit frustrated with.
    You are well off the mark Prague.

I use an IPTV service and it costs me £20.00 per year, yes that is right £1.66 per month.

For that I get access to pretty much every TV programme, box set, film and sport that is broadcast on TV. And this is world wide, my channel list contains hundreds from countries all around the globe.

As for football it has a dedicated EFL channel which shows every Football League game live. So in last nights case I selected the EFL channel, clicked on the Charlton badge and was able to watch the entire game in HD quality with the Charlton TV crew including Peter Shirtcliffe commentating.

Had I wanted too I could have clicked on another club badge who were playing last night and watched their game, its as simple as that.

And I do not use a VPN.   
    Clearly I am. I’m pretty gobsmacked to learn that.

How can it be legal? It’s a blatant infringement of broadcast rights on an industrial scale. Dont tell me on here the exact details, but do you know where the company is based, that you’ve paid?
    100% illegal, just like torrenting, but it is essentially unstoppable. 
    It’s only unstoppable if the main provider(s) have a pricing policy that creates an attractive market for the illegal providers. 
  • Options
    But you would think that Charlton fans would elect to pay for the stream even if they decide to watch Millwall v Bournemouth for free. Actually, why would anybody want to watch that?
  • Options
    What is more of an issue going forwards for clubs I suspect is IPTV and other means of getting the streams for free. You would think a proper supporter wouldn't wish to do this which I think will help. Maybe attracting more proper supporters, both online and in the Valley is the answer. 
    Are people watching Valley Pass games for free?? News to me. They may be using a VPN, but they still have to pay. They watch illegal streams when Sky cover the games. 

I know what you mean about proper supporters being ready to pay, but I think we have to recognise that in this respect it’s easier to be “proper” when like you and I, they are older and not short of disposable income.

I imagine quite a few do, which is a shame as the annual pass seems great value to me, especially with the discount you get for being an ‘international addick’ 
    I can understand that it would not be wise to give away full details, but where (if you know) is the paywall leak? The Valley Pass feed or the iFollow feed, which I believe we use for the basic coverage?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but IPTV is just the tech which allows my TV to play Netflix, and others, on demand, from my remote. But I still have to pay for those channels.So if this is happening, it must be fixable? 

The "discount for being an International Addick" is a bit of an issue too, but that's another story, one which is more about the enthusiastic but amateurish set-up at The Valley which Thomas is a bit frustrated with.

I use an IPTV service and it costs me £20.00 per year, yes that is right £1.66 per month.

For that I get access to pretty much every TV programme, box set, film and sport that is broadcast on TV. And this is world wide, my channel list contains hundreds from countries all around the globe.

As for football it has a dedicated EFL channel which shows every Football League game live. So in last nights case I selected the EFL channel, clicked on the Charlton badge and was able to watch the entire game in HD quality with the Charlton TV crew including Peter Shirtcliffe commentating.

Had I wanted too I could have clicked on another club badge who were playing last night and watched their game, its as simple as that.

And I do not use a VPN.   

How can it be legal? It’s a blatant infringement of broadcast rights on an industrial scale. Dont tell me on here the exact details, but do you know where the company is based, that you’ve paid?
    I’d be really grateful for a quick education on how this tech works. Either in your own words, or via some links, if the articles are not too techie. 
    Having discovered how clueless i am, I’d like to put it right. 

Funny though, that none of the International Addicks group knew about this option when we were all fuming at the Sky coverage blanking us out. I was OK because my buddý´s son in Sweden gave me the access code for his Viaplay sub, but that was it, a sub to a legal service.
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

It’s only unstoppable if the main provider(s) have a pricing policy that creates an attractive market for the illegal providers. 
    I doubt that would make an impact. As I said above I pay £20 per year, although I believe the proper price should be £40, my family member got me a deal.

For that I get every Sky channel, BT Sport, all the PPV channels, a dedicated channel to the EFL giving me a choice to watch any game live.

Plus hundreds and hundreds of channels from all around the world, thousands of films to choose from and every box set you can think of.

No provider can match it.
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

I’d be really grateful for a quick education on how this tech works. Either in your own words, or via some links, if the articles are not too techie. 

Funny though, that none of the International Addicks group knew about this option when we were all fuming at the Sky coverage blanking us out. I was OK because my buddý´s son in Sweden gave me the access code for his Viaplay sub, but that was it, a sub to a legal service.
    Not got a clue what happens on the other end of the cable but for mine to work I have a 4K Amazon Firestick plugged in the back of my TV, I have the IPTV app loaded on the stick and bingo that’s it.

To improve quality I have mine hard wired into my router rather than rely on wifi.
  • Options
    How does multi room work with these things, is it just more firesticks? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    How does multi room work with these things, is it just more firesticks? 
    I assume so but don’t have multiple rooms, just the main TV
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

I’ll send you a PM tomorrow Prague, I don’t feel comfortable describing how to watch Charlton games for free on the board as I don’t think anyone should do it, the investment into Charlton TV that TS has made deserves our custom, imo.

Not every game is possible, it has to be shown somewhere for the dodgy stream to exist, either on TV somewhere in the world, or via iFollow. 
  • Options
    how do these rogue providers get hold of the stream? Surely the EFL data about who is viewing their streams?
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

I’ll send you a PM tomorrow Prague, I don’t feel comfortable describing how to watch Charlton games for free on the board as I don’t think anyone should do it, the investment into Charlton TV that TS has made deserves our custom, imo.

Not every game is possible, it has to be shown somewhere for the dodgy stream to exist, either on TV somewhere in the world, or via iFollow. 
    It does appear we do gave a number of supporters who do watch via this method rather than paying into the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

IPTV stands for internet protocol TV - it's basically just TV over the internet rather than through a satellite or cable, with normal TV. 

IPTV itself isn't illegal, if you've used Netflix, or catch up TV in the past you've used IPTV. You can even get IPTV services that serve up live TV, which are completely legal. The ones Stu is referring too, as he said, are not legal and basically work by a backend server getting a pirated stream, converting it to a IPTV service, and then selling that service to the IPTV provider, who in turn puts it into a nice looking front end and sells it to customers. 

If you were to Google IPTV streams, you would get a plethora of services being advertised, all at a pretty low cost. 

As long as there is someone providing the back end stream to front end providers, it's kinda impossible to stop. There was a massive raid in Rome a few years back, but the streams keep coming. I had a stream at that point that had some issues, but it's back up and running now...

The Xtream Codes IPTV Takedown is Complex and Confused * TorrentFreak
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

Totally agree, mate, more interested in the general tech, how it works, how it happens, having been shown up as clueless on the matter. Thanks in advance.
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

IPTV stands for internet protocol TV - it's basically just TV over the internet rather than through a satellite or cable, with normal TV. 

IPTV itself isn't illegal, if you've used Netflix, or catch up TV in the past you've used IPTV. You can even get IPTV services that serve up live TV, which are completely legal. The ones Stu is referring too, as he said, are not legal and basically work by a backend server getting a pirated stream, converting it to a IPTV service, and then selling that service to the IPTV provider, who in turn puts it into a nice looking front end and sells it to customers. 

If you were to Google IPTV streams, you would get a plethora of services being advertised, all at a pretty low cost. 

As long as there is someone providing the back end stream to front end providers, it's kinda impossible to stop. There was a massive raid in Rome a few years back, but the streams keep coming. I had a stream at that point that had some issues, but it's back up and running now...

The Xtream Codes IPTV Takedown is Complex and Confused * TorrentFreak
    Thanks that's definitely the kind of info and explanation I was looking for, rather than how to watch Charlton for free (for the record, I just bought another annual Valley Pass season, and I didn't even get my sodding International Addicks discount, which I'll just write off as teething troubles)
  • Options
    Just to be clear I did not subscribe to my IPTV app solely to watch Charlton, at Twenty quid in was a no brainer for films and box sets. I still go to home games as much prefer the live experience however at 64 my away days are behind me now so watch the occasional one on this app
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

I doubt that would make an impact. As I said above I pay £20 per year, although I believe the proper price should be £40, my family member got me a deal.

For that I get every Sky channel, BT Sport, all the PPV channels, a dedicated channel to the EFL giving me a choice to watch any game live.

Plus hundreds and hundreds of channels from all around the world, thousands of films to choose from and every box set you can think of.

The match you see when you watch your £20 a year charlton at home game comes from the Valley, which means at the start of the chain for it to be sold to you as part of your cheap package it was was sold by Charlton who then want to charge others a lot more either to watch it on VP or even more to actually be at the game and contribute to the enhancing of the viewing product by being seen in the ground and making some noise. 
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

The match you see when you watch your £20 a year charlton at home game comes from the Valley, which means at the start of the chain for it to be sold to you as part of your cheap package it was was sold by Charlton who then want to charge others a lot more either to watch it on VP or even more to actually be at the game and contribute to the enhancing of the viewing product by being seen in the ground and making some noise. 
    It wasn’t sold by Charlton, it was basically stolen from Charlton / iFollow. 
  • Options
    how do these rogue providers get hold of the stream? Surely the EFL data about who is viewing their streams?
    Not once it's gone through multiple, complex rerouting, vpns, fake IPs.  The records probably show it as one viewer in the cook island or somewhere. 
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

100% wrong, Charlton did not sell it, it was stolen. And as I said above I go to home games as I prefer the live experience.